Leech Question LSJ

librarian

Nov 24, 2008, 7:55:30 PM11/24/08
Leech [KoT:U]
Cardtype: Action
Requires a ready mortal, ghoul, or mage.
(D) Steal a blood (it becomes a life) from a vampire controlled by
another Methuselah and untap this ally. Burn any conviction [1
CONVICTION] on this ally. This ally may play cards requiring Potence
[pot] as a vampire until his or her next untap phase.
Artist: Marian Churchland

Looking at the text online, as opposed to in my hand - do I burn 1
conviction on my Imbued (my choice of "any conviction")?

Or all convictions? Ah, I guess that answers it, if it was "all"
convictions, you would have written either "all convictions", or "any
convictions". So it means just burn 1 conviction. Very nice.

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
www.superfuncards.com *NEW Website!*

LSJ

Nov 24, 2008, 8:07:13 PM11/24/08
librarian wrote:
> Leech [KoT:U]
> Cardtype: Action
> Requires a ready mortal, ghoul, or mage.
> (D) Steal a blood (it becomes a life) from a vampire controlled by
> another Methuselah and untap this ally. Burn any conviction [1
> CONVICTION] on this ally. This ally may play cards requiring Potence
> [pot] as a vampire until his or her next untap phase.
> Artist: Marian Churchland
>

> Looking at the text online, as opposed to in my hand - do I burn 1
> conviction on my Imbued (my choice of "any conviction")?
>

> Or all convictions? Ah, I guess that answers it, if it was "all"
> convictions, you would have written either "all convictions", or "any
> convictions". So it means just burn 1 conviction. Very nice.

Any and all.

See also Martinelli's Ring.

Shockwave

Nov 25, 2008, 5:06:20 AM11/25/08
Yup, not content with Imbued being immune to having their arms ripped
off, LSJ likes the idea of them ripping the arms off of Vampires,
too! :)

On topic: I have to admit, the first time I read it the same way, due
to the [1 CONVICTION] on the card. Purely to check my own sanity, why
is this there, in that case? I would originally have said it shows a
minimum the Ally must have, but that would preclude any non-Imbued
from playing it.

LSJ

Nov 25, 2008, 6:14:38 AM11/25/08
Shockwave wrote:
> Yup, not content with Imbued being immune to having their arms ripped
> off, LSJ likes the idea of them ripping the arms off of Vampires,
> too! :)
>
> On topic: I have to admit, the first time I read it the same way, due
> to the [1 CONVICTION] on the card. Purely to check my own sanity, why
> is this there, in that case?

Brackets indicate icons.

[1_CONVICTION] indicates the 1-splat icon (rather than the 2-splat icon or the
5-splat icon).