What equipment is worth Blood Tempering? + rules question

Malone

Feb 14, 2010, 10:03:55 PM2/14/10
What does a person use Blood Tempering on? Nightstick? Is strike:
strength +2 / strike: prevent 4 once per round worth 2 actions, 1 pool
and 1 blood?

Kevlar Vest? Bundi?

***

Now, suppose Scout Youngwood, who has a Blood Tempered Leather Jacket,
is in combat with Marcia Felicia Licinia. Marcia plays Carrion Crows
and strikes with Blood Fury.

Scout chooses to burn her Leather Jacket to prevent the damage from
Blood Fury. Can she use her Blood Tempering bonus to prevent one
damage from the Carrion Crows?

Leather Jacket
Equipment.
If the action to equip with the Leather Jacket is successful, untap
the acting minion at the end of the turn. Bearer may burn Leather
Jacket to prevent all the damage from the opposing minion's strike. A
minion may have only one Leather Jacket.

Blood Tempering
+1 stealth action.
(for)(qui): Put this card on an equipment. This melee weapon inflicts
an additional damage each strike. When this equipment prevents damage
in combat, it can prevent an additional point. An equipment can have
only one Blood Tempering
(FOR)(QUI): As above, and untap this acting vampire

henrik

Feb 14, 2010, 10:26:50 PM2/14/10
On Feb 15, 4:03 am, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
> What does a person use Blood Tempering on? Nightstick?  Is strike:
> strength +2 / strike: prevent 4 once per round worth 2 actions, 1 pool
> and 1 blood?
>
> Kevlar Vest?  Bundi?

Talbot's Chainsaw or nothing imo.

The Lasombra

Feb 14, 2010, 11:13:25 PM2/14/10
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:03:55 -0800 (PST), Malone wrote:

>Scout chooses to burn her Leather Jacket to prevent the damage from
>Blood Fury. Can she use her Blood Tempering bonus to prevent one
>damage from the Carrion Crows?

Yes.

The real question is why you didn't have anything better to do than
acquire a Leather Jacket and take a second action to be able to
prevent that one damage on a minion with superior presence would
should have used Majesty or Catatonic Fear/Target Vitals.

>Leather Jacket

>Bearer may burn Leather Jacket to prevent all the damage from the opposing minion's strike.

>Blood Tempering

XZealot

Feb 14, 2010, 11:28:47 PM2/14/10

I have to say that is pretty solid

XZealot

Feb 14, 2010, 11:29:58 PM2/14/10

Tariq's Talbot's Chainsaw!

XZealot

Feb 14, 2010, 11:32:32 PM2/14/10

...except for the fact that Talbot's Chainsaw is not a melee weapon

XZealot

Feb 14, 2010, 11:36:15 PM2/14/10
On Feb 14, 9:03 pm, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
> What does a person use Blood Tempering on? Nightstick?  Is strike:
> strength +2 / strike: prevent 4 once per round worth 2 actions, 1 pool
> and 1 blood?
>
> Kevlar Vest?  Bundi?

Wooden Stake

Wooden Stake
Type: Equipment
Melee weapon.
Strike: strength damage. ***If more than 1 damage is inflicted on an
opposing vampire by this weapon in a given combat, that vampire is
sent to torpor.*** In that case, this card is transferred to that
vampire, and he or she doesn't untap as normal during the untap phase
as long as he or she remains in torpor.

> Blood Tempering
> +1 stealth action.
> (for)(qui): Put this card on an equipment. This melee weapon inflicts
> an additional damage each strike. When this equipment prevents damage
> in combat, it can prevent an additional point. An equipment can have
> only one Blood Tempering
> (FOR)(QUI): As above, and untap this acting vampire

It like having a bunch of Sengir Daggers floating around for free!

Haze

Feb 14, 2010, 11:59:10 PM2/14/10
On Feb 14, 9:03 pm, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
> What does a person use Blood Tempering on? Nightstick? Is strike:
> strength +2 / strike: prevent 4 once per round worth 2 actions, 1 pool
> and 1 blood?
>
> Kevlar Vest? Bundi?

if you need the nightstick to prevent more than 3 damage from a hand
strike, there's a good chance you're already being grappled :(

a Blood Tempered Blood Shield would be a pretty good payoff: prevent 2
from strikes every round! time to put Fortitude masters on Massassi?

I already had a deck that coincidentally used Mukhtar Bey and Flak
Jackets. Since he can play the card at superior, I added one in just
for fun. even though he already has FOR, I can put it on supporting
minions' equipment when they don't have any fortitude to protect
themselves.

for melee weapons, it doesn't seem as fun. Wooden Stake to always do 2
dmg? Kerrie? Sword of Nuln to knock 4 blood off? though for all these
you might as well use lucky blow... or even better, target vitals.

simply put, it's a permanent Lucky Blow or permanent Glancing Blow. I
think I prefer the latter.

Jyhad

Feb 15, 2010, 12:34:48 AM2/15/10

Who needs Blood Tempering, when you can play Strike at the True Flesh.
which counters any prevent that isn't EQ or strike based.

Kevin Walsh

Feb 15, 2010, 3:55:31 AM2/15/10
On Feb 15, 4:59 am, Haze <headlessr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if you need the nightstick to prevent more than 3 damage from a hand
> strike, there's a good chance you're already being grappled :(

Or you're fighting a War Ghoul who played Trap.

Kevin Walsh

Kevin Walsh

Feb 15, 2010, 3:57:00 AM2/15/10
On Feb 15, 8:55 am, Kevin Walsh <hjal...@redbrick.dcu.ie> wrote:

Anyway, in terms of multiplication of effect, you probably want the
Sword of Nuln or the Sword of Judgment, but that's not easy to arrange
with the Disciplines involved.

Kevin Walsh

LSJ

Feb 15, 2010, 6:44:10 AM2/15/10
On Feb 14, 10:03 pm, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Now, suppose Scout Youngwood, who has a Blood Tempered Leather Jacket,
> is in combat with Marcia Felicia Licinia.  Marcia plays Carrion Crows
> and strikes with Blood Fury.
>
> Scout chooses to burn her Leather Jacket to prevent the damage from
> Blood Fury.  Can she use her Blood Tempering bonus to prevent one
> damage from the Carrion Crows?

No. The Jacket can prevent one additional point (when burned) from the
opposing minion's strike.

All plus one, which isn't really much more useful than all.

Blooded Sand

Feb 15, 2010, 6:48:32 AM2/15/10

Al muntathir loves summoing up a blood tempered sword of nuln to go
with his blood tempered blood shield.......

On a slightly more serious note, with the amount of WWS i see around
here, bundi is becoming more and more my card of choice for
etempering. prevent both from WWS, and then hit for 3? sounds good.
especially as you do not care about grapples, and satTF loves bundi

Daneel

Feb 15, 2010, 2:07:03 PM2/15/10
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 03:44:10 -0800 (PST), LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 14, 10:03ï¿œpm, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
>> Now, suppose Scout Youngwood, who has a Blood Tempered Leather Jacket,

>> is in combat with Marcia Felicia Licinia. ï¿œMarcia plays Carrion Crows

>> and strikes with Blood Fury.
>>
>> Scout chooses to burn her Leather Jacket to prevent the damage from

>> Blood Fury. ï¿œCan she use her Blood Tempering bonus to prevent one

>> damage from the Carrion Crows?
>
> No. The Jacket can prevent one additional point (when burned) from the
> opposing minion's strike.
>
> All plus one, which isn't really much more useful than all.

You would earn style points for being a perfectionist, though... :)

--
Regards,

Daneel