[KMW] Blood curse update

Smiling Tom

Jan 30, 2005, 1:58:32 PM1/30/05
Blood Curse Update
Before KMW, the Blood Curse was tied to what clan a vampire was. Every
Assamite had the Blood Curse even if card text didn't say so (unless card
text explicitly overrode that, of course). Now, as of KMW, the Blood Curse
only affects the vampires whose card text say so (just like all of the other
attributes: Scarce, Cold Iron Vulnerability, Sterile, etc.).
So Assamite Embraces and vampires that Clan Impersonate an Assamite don't
acquire the Curse, and an Assamite Impersonating another clan won't lose it.

Not a great game impact, IMO

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Jan 30, 2005, 2:46:03 PM1/30/05

I wonder if there will be an update to Tajdid's card text.

LSJ

Jan 30, 2005, 8:58:57 PM1/30/05
Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:
> I wonder if there will be an update to Tajdid's card text.

Why would it need updating?

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Jan 30, 2005, 9:11:45 PM1/30/05
> > I wonder if there will be an update to Tajdid's card text.
>
> Why would it need updating?

Previously, it affected all vampires who were Blood Cursed. Without a
slight modification, an Assamite would be unaffected by the Blood Curse,
but could then Clan Impersonate and suddenly be affected by the Blood
Curse again.

Or maybe you just want to screw the Assamites some more...

LSJ

Jan 30, 2005, 9:43:21 PM1/30/05
Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:
> Previously, it affected all vampires who were Blood Cursed. Without a
> slight modification, an Assamite would be unaffected by the Blood Curse,
> but could then Clan Impersonate and suddenly be affected by the Blood
> Curse again.
>
> Or maybe you just want to screw the Assamites some more...

I'm filing that in the corner behind the cornercase cabinet, far from the
screw in box on my desk. :-)

Frederick Scott

Jan 30, 2005, 9:48:46 PM1/30/05

"Smiling Tom" <tma...@almadrava.net> wrote in message news:364p2qF...@individual.net...

A bone to Assamites who Embrace, I suppose. They can pound away at their
opponent's ready minions, then send their childer in to diablerize. No,
not a great game impact but possibly a tactic that is opened to the
Assamites. (Disclaimer: I haven't the slightest idea if it's actually a
_good_ tactic...)

On the other hand, it also prevents use of Clan Impersonate from getting around
the curse, which is good or bad depending on how you felt about that tactic.

Fred

Colin McGuigan

Jan 30, 2005, 11:01:49 PM1/30/05

It means that Web of Knives recruit will not be blood cursed, as well.
If WoKR plays as good as it looks, that may be a decent bonus.

--Colin McGuigan

Daneel

Jan 31, 2005, 4:12:51 AM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 02:43:21 GMT, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:
>> Previously, it affected all vampires who were Blood Cursed. Without a
>> slight modification, an Assamite would be unaffected by the Blood Curse,
>> but could then Clan Impersonate and suddenly be affected by the Blood
>> Curse again.
>>
>> Or maybe you just want to screw the Assamites some more...
>
> I'm filing that in the corner behind the cornercase cabinet, far from the
> screw in box on my desk. :-)

I think the Assamites are way too strong. Screw them. ;)

Anyway, in most cases it only concerns decks with both Quadir and
Tajdid, which is just one vampire and one clan based card (not much).
( Considering how a certain existing card can hose two whole sects,
this lack of synergy is mostly cornercase. )

By the way, I'm not completely sure how Tajdid works, but if it does the
way I remember, it could be reworded to resemble the acceptance cards
(in allowing Assamites who are influenced out later than Tajdid was
played to benefit from it).

--
Bye,

Daneel

de...@hell.is

Jan 31, 2005, 5:48:50 AM1/31/05
nah, it will happen all the time in all the assamite clan impersonation
decks out there!
(erm... ok... both of them...) :-)

the errata would actually be quite simple.
'... no longer prevents _vampires_ from comitting...'
i.e. replace the Assamites with vampires.

LSJ

Jan 31, 2005, 6:11:11 AM1/31/05
Daneel wrote:
> By the way, I'm not completely sure how Tajdid works, but if it does the
> way I remember, it could be reworded to resemble the acceptance cards
> (in allowing Assamites who are influenced out later than Tajdid was
> played to benefit from it).

It works that way.

LSJ

Jan 31, 2005, 6:17:20 AM1/31/05
de...@hell.is wrote:
> the errata would actually be quite simple.
> '... no longer prevents _vampires_ from comitting...'
> i.e. replace the Assamites with vampires.

Um, yes. It would be. But even simple errata is errata.

Daneel

Jan 31, 2005, 8:45:33 AM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:11:11 GMT, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>> By the way, I'm not completely sure how Tajdid works, but if it does the
>> way I remember, it could be reworded to resemble the acceptance cards
>> (in allowing Assamites who are influenced out later than Tajdid was
>> played to benefit from it).
>
> It works that way.

Than there is indeed very little reason to reword it.

--
Bye,

Daneel

de...@hell.is

Jan 31, 2005, 9:10:12 AM1/31/05
LSJ wrote:
> Um, yes. It would be. But even simple errata is errata.
true, hard to argue against that...

Orpheus

Jan 31, 2005, 10:11:45 AM1/31/05
<de...@hell.is> a écrit dans le message de news:
1107180612.3...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> LSJ wrote:
> > Um, yes. It would be. But even simple errata is errata.
> true, hard to argue against that...

Yes. To which I would like to add that less simpler errata is also errata.
And that very complicated errata is errata too. Although no errata is
simpler than the simplest of erratas, it can be argued that some non-erratas
can be very complicated if they imply not errating complicated cards. Or
that errata is a complicated word in itself, what with the latin roots and
all...

Apart from this, nice weather but a little cloudy, don't you think ?

Oh, and please don't thank me for this highly intellectual input. I know how
you all appreciate my contribution to the great cause of erratas (or
non-s)...

Orpheus, non-errated (unperfect, but simpler this way).

Matthew T. Morgan

Jan 31, 2005, 10:34:16 AM1/31/05

Only because hardly anybody plays with it.

Prior to this change, an Assamite could escape the Blood Curse by changing
clans since the Blood Curse only affected Assamites. Likewise, Tajdid
specifically removed the Blood Curse from Assamites.

With this change a Blood Cursed Assamite could change his clan with Tajdid
in play and would still be subject to the Blood Curse. So much for your
Qadir ul-Ghani becomes Ventrue Justicar and calls Archon on himself deck!

Matt Morgan

tobinator

Jan 31, 2005, 10:41:30 AM1/31/05
Does anyone else find it ironic that "The Blood Curse does not affect
Michael," would be printed on the card given the rule update?

The card doesn't say Michael is blood cursed, but just in case you were
thinking that he was we're telling you he's not. :)

Of course these are previews and the text might not appear on the
actual card.

-tpl

Daneel

Jan 31, 2005, 10:50:26 AM1/31/05
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:34:16 -0600, Matthew T. Morgan <far...@io.com>
wrote:

>> Than there is indeed very little reason to reword it.
>
> Only because hardly anybody plays with it.
>
> Prior to this change, an Assamite could escape the Blood Curse by
> changing clans since the Blood Curse only affected Assamites. Likewise,
> Tajdid specifically removed the Blood Curse from Assamites.
>
> With this change a Blood Cursed Assamite could change his clan with
> Tajdid in play and would still be subject to the Blood Curse. So much
> for your Qadir ul-Ghani becomes Ventrue Justicar and calls Archon on
> himself deck!

So much for *what* deck? ;)

Never have I seen any deck use Quadir for anything except recruit
Bloodlines allies or refill with Concert Tour. But then again, it must be
me...

Anyway, what you describe is the "very little". Yes, there is some need
to reword it, but it probably falls back on the urgency list. Which is
not mine to decide of course, I just kind of feel this way. It would be
more logical were it reworded (...does not prevent vampires from...), but
this is among the smaller inconsistencies in the game.

--
Bye,

Daneel

Frederick Scott

Jan 31, 2005, 1:06:43 PM1/31/05

"Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message news:opslg4u0...@news.chello.hu...

> Anyway, what you describe is the "very little". Yes, there is some need
> to reword it, but it probably falls back on the urgency list. Which is
> not mine to decide of course, I just kind of feel this way. It would be
> more logical were it reworded (...does not prevent vampires from...), but
> this is among the smaller inconsistencies in the game.

...meaning it's probably better if they just forgot about it all together.
Not every "problem" is worth solving, given the issue that far too many cards
already have been errated and changed through reprinting. Sometimes people
forget that there is such a thing as "too small a change to be worthwhile".

Fred