[LSJ] Echo of Harmonies / Burn card to call referendum again

Charles Lechasseur

Nov 26, 2004, 7:34:05 AM11/26/04
Question for LSJ (couldn't find an answer on Google Groups):

A vampire has a political action card on him or her placed their by a
previous play of Echo of Harmonies at [MEL]. The vampire attempts to call
the vote again but is blocked.

Is the political action card burned anyway?

Card text on Echo of Harmonies says "This vampire may burn that card to
call the referendum...", not "to attempt to call the referendum", so I was
under the impression that it didn't burn if the action was blocked, but
I'm not sure so I'd like an official confirmation.

Thanks in advance.

--
charles lechasseur - da...@novideospamtron.ca

LSJ

Nov 30, 2004, 8:20:52 AM11/30/04
Charles Lechasseur wrote:

> Question for LSJ (couldn't find an answer on Google Groups):
>
> A vampire has a political action card on him or her placed their by a
> previous play of Echo of Harmonies at [MEL]. The vampire attempts to call
> the vote again but is blocked.
>
> Is the political action card burned anyway?
>
> Card text on Echo of Harmonies says "This vampire may burn that card to
> call the referendum...", not "to attempt to call the referendum", so I was
> under the impression that it didn't burn if the action was blocked, but
> I'm not sure so I'd like an official confirmation.

Confirmed. It is not burned to call the referendum if the action is
blocked.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Daneel

Nov 30, 2004, 8:24:47 AM11/30/04
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:20:52 GMT, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> Confirmed. It is not burned to call the referendum if the action is
> blocked.

How does Delaying Tactics interact with this? Does it reach into the ash
heap to get the card (to be put back into one's hand)?

--
Bye,

Daneel

LSJ

Nov 30, 2004, 8:50:18 AM11/30/04
Daneel wrote:
> How does Delaying Tactics interact with this? Does it reach into the ash
> heap to get the card (to be put back into one's hand)?

No. Similarly it would not grab an in-play Rumors if played on the
referendum to burn the Rumors.