[LSJ] Kiss of Lachesis & uniqueness

4 vues

Xian

non lue,
26 juil. 2002, 01:02:3326/07/2002
A question that came up earlier this evening (that neither Mark nor I felt like
fighting about, so we let it slide until an "official ruling" was pointed out.

Ankara Citadel is in the ash heap. A True Brujah attempts to retrieve it with
the TEM level of Kiss of Lachesis. The player's argument was that this was
allowable because the loquipment wasn't a unique location (but instead, a piece
of equipment) while it was in the ash heap. Additionally, he believed that the
clan requirement (of Tremere) was no longer applicable, since the card states
"Move a non-unique equipment card from any Methuselah's ash heap to this
vampire." (Admittedly, I was less certain on this.)

My opinion was that uniqueness is dependent on whether or not the card says
"unique" on it, and that it does not simply vanish because the card is in the
ash heap. I was not sure about whether the clan requirement needed to be met,
mostly because of the "Move a..." phrasing.

Answers to both questions would be appreciated (to check on Kiss of
Lachesis/Living Manse, among others?).

Xian

--
I'd tell the world and save my soul, But rain falls down and I feel cold.
A cold that sleeps within my heart, It tears the earth and sun apart.

LSJ

non lue,
26 juil. 2002, 08:06:5126/07/2002
Xian wrote:

> A question that came up earlier this evening (that neither Mark nor I felt like
> fighting about, so we let it slide until an "official ruling" was pointed out.
>
> Ankara Citadel is in the ash heap. A True Brujah attempts to retrieve it with
> the TEM level of Kiss of Lachesis. The player's argument was that this was
> allowable because the loquipment wasn't a unique location (but instead, a piece
> of equipment) while it was in the ash heap. Additionally, he believed that the
> clan requirement (of Tremere) was no longer applicable, since the card states
> "Move a non-unique equipment card from any Methuselah's ash heap to this
> vampire." (Admittedly, I was less certain on this.)
>
> My opinion was that uniqueness is dependent on whether or not the card says
> "unique" on it, and that it does not simply vanish because the card is in the
> ash heap. I was not sure about whether the clan requirement needed to be met,
> mostly because of the "Move a..." phrasing.
>
> Answers to both questions would be appreciated (to check on Kiss of
> Lachesis/Living Manse, among others?).

Kiss of Lachesis can retrieve locquipment (since it is just equipment in the
ash heap).

KoL "moves" the equipment from the ash heap to the vampire. None of the
requirements on the card are checked. So the Trujah can retrieve an equipment
that normally requires Tremere, for example.

KoL cannot retrieve unique equipment, so cannot retrieve the Citadel, since
it is unique equipment in the ash heap.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message