Timing Qs [LSJ]

42 vues

Kevin M.

non lue,
28 févr. 2002, 19:43:2328/02/2002
1. Is it correct to say that the acting minion's Methuselah controls the timing
of Darkness Within's blood moving effect?

Darkness Within
Combat
1 blood
[obt] Put this card into play before range is determined. Once each round,
during strike resolution, move 1 blood (or life) from the opposing minion to
this card (even at long range). Burn this card when combat ends. This
vampire gains half of the blood (rounded up) from this card when it is
burned. A minion can play only one Darkness Within each combat.
[OBT] As above, with an optional maneuver.

2. When attempting to block an action directed at burning the Madness
Network, Malkavians may attempt to block "in addition to the normally
eligible blockers". Does this ruling indicate that Malkavians wanting to
attempt to block the action must wait until all other eligible minions
choose not to block, i.e. they get to attempt to block LAST?

Madness Network
Put this card in play. After another Methuselah has finished all of his or
her minion phase actions, any untapped Malkavian can take an action (go
clockwise if two or more attempt to take actions). Any minion can burn this
card as an action that any untapped Malkavian {(in addition to the normally
eligible blockers)} can attempt to block (go clockwise if two or more
attempt to block).

3. A minion takes an action. The prey and then predator's minions are
allowed to attempt to block. If Anneke, Eagle's Sight, superior Falcon's
Eye (or any other unrestricted methods) are then used to attempt to block,
in what order should those block attempts be resolved? The prey's Minions
and then go around the table clockwise?

Kevin M., Prince of Madison, WI (USA)
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

James Coupe

non lue,
28 févr. 2002, 20:02:2628/02/2002
In message <u7tjnn5...@corp.supernews.com>, Kevin M. <kjmergen@PLEAS

ENOSPAMMEcharter.net> writes:
>1. Is it correct to say that the acting minion's Methuselah controls the timing
>of Darkness Within's blood moving effect?

Well, it happens during strike resolution - which could either be the
whole phase, so the minion could order it (per Weather Control) or it
could happen at the same time as Wolf Companion etc.

>2. When attempting to block an action directed at burning the Madness
>Network, Malkavians may attempt to block "in addition to the normally
>eligible blockers". Does this ruling indicate that Malkavians wanting to
>attempt to block the action must wait until all other eligible minions
>choose not to block, i.e. they get to attempt to block LAST?

Yes. Going clockwise round the table.

>3. A minion takes an action. The prey and then predator's minions are
>allowed to attempt to block. If Anneke, Eagle's Sight, superior Falcon's
>Eye (or any other unrestricted methods) are then used to attempt to block,
>in what order should those block attempts be resolved? The prey's Minions
>and then go around the table clockwise?

Prey, then Predator. Then everyone else, going clockwise.

--
James Coupe but I lust after the raw pow0r of c.
PGP 0x5D623D5D together with the humping great

Henrik

non lue,
28 févr. 2002, 20:21:2128/02/2002
James Coupe skrev i meddelandet <8roLB0Mi...@gratiano.zephyr.org.uk>...

>In message <u7tjnn5...@corp.supernews.com>, Kevin M. <kjmergen@PLEAS
>ENOSPAMMEcharter.net> writes:
>>1. Is it correct to say that the acting minion's Methuselah controls the
timing
>>of Darkness Within's blood moving effect?
>
>Well, it happens during strike resolution - which could either be the
>whole phase, so the minion could order it (per Weather Control) or it
>could happen at the same time as Wolf Companion etc.

Actually, it's a move blood effect and therefore goes into the steal/move
blood phase, which happens right before damage is dealt. I suppuse if either
minion also makes a steal/move blood effect (i.e. Theft) the acting minion
could order these effects.
--
/Henrik Isaksson
Prins av Halmstad

James Coupe

non lue,
28 févr. 2002, 20:29:1228/02/2002
In message <a5ml37$8h2eg$1...@ID-99227.news.dfncis.de>, Henrik <henrik.isak

DELET...@spray.se> writes:
>>Well, it happens during strike resolution - which could either be the
>>whole phase, so the minion could order it (per Weather Control) or it
>>could happen at the same time as Wolf Companion etc.
>
>Actually, it's a move blood effect and therefore goes into the steal/move
>blood phase, which happens right before damage is dealt.

The point I was playing up is rather that Strike Resolution could refer
to a rather longer section, though on balance I'd put it at the Wolf
Companion bit.

However, damage is dealt to a victim at the same time as, say, steal
blood effects. However, damage is then prevented and healed in a later
step.

LSJ

non lue,
28 févr. 2002, 21:18:3228/02/2002
James Coupe wrote:

> Kevin M. <kjme...@PLEASENOSPAMMEcharter.net> writes:
> >1. Is it correct to say that the acting minion's Methuselah controls the timing
> >of Darkness Within's blood moving effect?
>
> Well, it happens during strike resolution - which could either be the
> whole phase, so the minion could order it (per Weather Control) or it
> could happen at the same time as Wolf Companion etc.

Right. It happens during the standard "during strike resolution" window -
the initial normal (non-First-Strike) strike resolution of the round.
It happens simultaneously with other such effects.

Damage applied during that step has no effect on blood (blood is burned
in the subsequent step), but for purposes of ordering the DW effect
among other steal/burn blood effects, the acting minion's controller
gets to order them, correct.

> >2. When attempting to block an action directed at burning the Madness
> >Network, Malkavians may attempt to block "in addition to the normally
> >eligible blockers". Does this ruling indicate that Malkavians wanting to
> >attempt to block the action must wait until all other eligible minions
> >choose not to block, i.e. they get to attempt to block LAST?
>
> Yes. Going clockwise round the table.

Right. Minions controlled by the target (the controller of the MN) get
first chance to block. When that Methuselah says "I don't block", then
other Methuselahs' Malks can attempt to block (going clockwise from
the acting Meth as usual).

> >3. A minion takes an action. The prey and then predator's minions are
> >allowed to attempt to block. If Anneke, Eagle's Sight, superior Falcon's
> >Eye (or any other unrestricted methods) are then used to attempt to block,
> >in what order should those block attempts be resolved? The prey's Minions
> >and then go around the table clockwise?
>
> Prey, then Predator. Then everyone else, going clockwise.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Kevin M.

non lue,
1 mars 2002, 00:34:2901/03/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

After the Predator or Prey state that their minions choose not to block, then,
going clockwise, could one of the Prey's minions then state that they were
blocking with Eagle's Sight/Falcon's Eye? Or has the Prey COMPLETELY passed
his minion's blocking-attempt phase when he passed it the first time?

> LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
> Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and tournament rules:
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Kevin M., Prince of Madison, WI (USA)

LSJ

non lue,
1 mars 2002, 06:15:0501/03/2002
"Kevin M." wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > James Coupe wrote:
> > > Prey, then Predator. Then everyone else, going clockwise.
> >
> > Correct.
>
> After the Predator or Prey state that their minions choose not to block, then,
> going clockwise, could one of the Prey's minions then state that they were
> blocking with Eagle's Sight/Falcon's Eye? Or has the Prey COMPLETELY passed
> his minion's blocking-attempt phase when he passed it the first time?

Eagle's Sight: the former (due to errata/ruling from Tom).
Falcon's Eye: the latter (absence of such a ruling).

The Eagle's Sight issue is under review.

--

James Coupe

non lue,
1 mars 2002, 06:11:4601/03/2002
In message <u7u4oi3...@corp.supernews.com>, Kevin M. <kjmergen@PLEAS

ENOSPAMMEcharter.net> writes:
>> > Prey, then Predator. Then everyone else, going clockwise.
>>
>> Correct.
>
>After the Predator or Prey state that their minions choose not to block, then,
>going clockwise, could one of the Prey's minions then state that they were
>blocking with Eagle's Sight/Falcon's Eye?

With Eagle's Sight, yes. With Falcon's Eye, no.

[LSJ 2002-01-12]
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3C40BEBA.5B43A3F9%40white-wolf.com

[Going back on a "No block" declaration]
"Anneke can, yes.
Eagle's Sight can, by the curious ruling cited (although Google doesn't
archive that article)...
Falcon's Eye won't overcome a "no block" decision, though."

Reyda

non lue,
1 mars 2002, 06:24:4001/03/2002

> "Kevin M." wrote:
> > >
> > > Correct.
> >
> > After the Predator or Prey state that their minions choose not to block,
then,
> > going clockwise, could one of the Prey's minions then state that they
were
> > blocking with Eagle's Sight/Falcon's Eye? Or has the Prey COMPLETELY
passed
> > his minion's blocking-attempt phase when he passed it the first time?
>
> Eagle's Sight: the former (due to errata/ruling from Tom).
> Falcon's Eye: the latter (absence of such a ruling).
>
> The Eagle's Sight issue is under review.

just a word to say that Eagle sight is nice as it is. Saving people cross
table at the last expected moment can be a cool thing for all the diplomatic
aspect of jyhad -erm, V:tes. Seeing if people will play conditioning before
*really* deciding to block is also a cool trick that should stay for fun's
sake ;)

reyda

Halcyan 2

non lue,
1 mars 2002, 07:42:0501/03/2002
>>After the Predator or Prey state that their minions choose not to block,
>then,
>>going clockwise, could one of the Prey's minions then state that they were
>>blocking with Eagle's Sight/Falcon's Eye?
>
>With Eagle's Sight, yes. With Falcon's Eye, no.

Isn't it clear that Eagles have keener eyesight than Falcons?

Anyway, if Eagle's Sight *were* to be changed, then it wouldn't fit well
(consistent) with Anneke anymore (whose card text explicitly states "may
attempt to block a vampire controlled by another Methuselah after others have
declined or failed to block").

Halcyan 2

0 nouveau message