Q: Daemonic Possession and temporary control

stefans...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2008, 3:21:10 PM10/14/08
If I gain temporary control of a vampire (Temptation, Spirit
Marionette etc.) and manage to burn it during my control, can I then
play Daemonic Possession to gain control of it?

Daemonic Possession
Type: Action
Requires: Necromancy
Cost: 2 blood
[nec] Only usable when a minion controlled by another Methuselah has
been burned since your last turn. Move that minion from his owner's
ash heap to your ready region, put 1 blood or life from the blood bank
on the minion and tap the minion. You now control the minion.
[NEC] As above, but the minion is untapped.

/ Stefan Karlsson

Chris Berger

Oct 14, 2008, 3:34:37 PM10/14/08

I highly doubt it, because the minion was not "controlled by another
Methuselah" when it was burned. Nor was it or is it controlled by
another methuselah at any point after that, not that that would
matter, IMHO.

Pullen

Oct 14, 2008, 3:38:45 PM10/14/08

I'm no LSJ but I would say no, the first line checks to see if you
controlled the vamp when it burned (Only usable when a minion
controlled by another Methuselah has been burned since your last turn)
and you did.

LSJ

Oct 14, 2008, 4:06:54 PM10/14/08

Correct.

Felix

Oct 14, 2008, 5:52:24 PM10/14/08
really?

Far be it for me to doubt you, but i distantly remember a ruling that
when a card leavs the controlled region all temporary control effects
are instantly broken? So when it "burns" its already back to the
original controler, and enters his ash heap and could be targetted
with deamonic possesion?

LSJ

Oct 14, 2008, 7:15:59 PM10/14/08

I guess that'd be a philosophical question about existence.

As far as the game is concerned, the card doesn't leave the controlled region
until it is burned. It doesn't leave first and then get burned, since there's no
effect to make it leave before getting burned (the burning is the effect that
makes it leave).

Chris Berger

Oct 14, 2008, 7:19:05 PM10/14/08

Again, IANALSJ, but temporary control effect are instantly broken
*when* the card leaves the ready region. Not before. It's not like
the minion goes back to the original controller and *then* burns. It
burns, temporary control effects are broken, and it is put in its
owner's ash heap. Tension in the Ranks, for example, would not cause
the original controller to burn a pool.

stefans...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2008, 3:31:22 AM10/15/08
> Correct.- Dölj citerad text -