Absilmilards Army question

Mike Courtois

Jun 23, 2004, 3:30:53 PM6/23/04
When bringing an ghoul ally into play (from your library) is the card
placed face up, face down, or doesn't matter. There seems to be some
strong opinions on all directions.

Thanks,
***Jedimike***

Anarch of L.A.

LSJ

Jun 23, 2004, 3:38:25 PM6/23/04
"Mike Courtois" <Jedi...@rebelscum.net> wrote in message news:c5a0b763.04062...@posting.google.com...

> When bringing an ghoul ally into play (from your library) is the card
> placed face up, face down, or doesn't matter. There seems to be some
> strong opinions on all directions.

Face up. Like a Shock Troop (or any other in-play card).
It may be convenient to turn them face down to avoid
confusion (after showing the card to all players), but if any
player wants to know which card it is, she's free to look.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Kulaid

Jun 24, 2004, 2:23:04 AM6/24/04
I thought all face down cards are considered "Out of play"
Or is it that all "out of play" cards are face down?

LSJ

Jun 24, 2004, 6:20:09 AM6/24/04

?
That's why the AA cards are face up.
What's the question?

salem

Jun 24, 2004, 8:51:25 AM6/24/04
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:38:25 -0400, "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com>
scrawled:

>"Mike Courtois" <Jedi...@rebelscum.net> wrote in message news:c5a0b763.04062...@posting.google.com...
>> When bringing an ghoul ally into play (from your library) is the card
>> placed face up, face down, or doesn't matter. There seems to be some
>> strong opinions on all directions.
>
>Face up. Like a Shock Troop (or any other in-play card).
>It may be convenient to turn them face down to avoid
>confusion (after showing the card to all players), but if any
>player wants to know which card it is, she's free to look.

we went with 'upside down', rather than face-down.
ie: the title is on the edge closest to you.

avoids confusion if you have a bunch of contestion around. 2 life
counters help to distinguish them, too. (and only a little bit
confusing when tapped, provided you always tap your cards to the same
side)

However, as a call to Steve Weick, etc, can we get Absimilard cards
like the corruption and anarch marker cards? then we could just remove
the top card of our library from play and put an AA Ghoul card in play
instead. I'm planning on making up some for myself, but real ones
would be much cooler.

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)