9 rules questions

13 vues

Marko Saari

non lue,
11 juil. 2001, 06:29:2011/07/2001
Some rules questions:

1. Anathema.

Entering a combat with zero blood Anathema vampire and striking one or more
damage thus
sending him torpor is enough to burn him?
What about if I strike with Entombment? (I think no since there are no blood
loss). And I think it also works if I burn the opposing
vampire (strike 2 aggravated to zero blood vampire or 3 aggravated to 1
blood vampire)?

2."Since your last turn"

What is the actual meaning of "since your last turn."? So if my Renegade
Garou
dies during my turn. Can I
use the Compel the Spirit in my next turn? Or does it only work when my
Garou dies after my turn?

3. Camarilla Segretation

Is this cumulative card? So if I have 3 Camarilla Segretation in play does
every non-camarilla vampire controller take 3 damage?

4. Kiss of Ra

I think there is nothing against playing Kiss of Ra when you are coming out
of the torpor and someone without
fortitude is trying to block?

5. Flesh of Marble

There was topic about FOM saying that all damage from additional strikes
are ignored. So does
that mean if I play FOM and reduce opponent's first strike and carrion crows
attack to one damage, his
additional strike (which would be 2 aggravated damage) is totally ignored?

6. Taste of Vitae

Is the ruling still so that you only get blood that is lost opponent from
your strikes?
So you are not getting blood from Darkness Within or other environmental
damage (Carrion Crows)?

7. Assamites & Blood Curse

Blood Curse is not removed if Assamite changes clan with Clan Impersonation
card?
What about if I make a new Assamites (with Embrace)? Do they get the Blood
Curse? I think yes.

What about if Tariq makes new Assamite with Embrace? Tariq is Assamite but
he don't have blood curse.

8. Theo Bell

His diablerie for free ability works if Theo himself is Prince/Justicar?

9. Decapitae + Taste of Vitae

Taste of Vitae can be played after Decapitae?

Thanks in advance

- Guzmo

LSJ

non lue,
11 juil. 2001, 06:45:2211/07/2001
>===== Original Message From "Marko Saari" <gu...@sci.fi> =====

>Some rules questions:
>

>1. Anathema.
>
>Entering a combat with zero blood Anathema vampire and striking one or more
>damage thus
>sending him torpor is enough to burn him?

No. You have to "reduce" him to 0. Torpor won't burn him.

>What about if I strike with Entombment? (I think no since there are no blood
>loss). And I think it also works if I burn the opposing
>vampire (strike 2 aggravated to zero blood vampire or 3 aggravated to 1
>blood vampire)?

If you burn him, you burn him. But anathema won't aaply unless you
reduce his blood level to 0.

>2."Since your last turn"
>
>What is the actual meaning of "since your last turn."? So if my Renegade
>Garou
>dies during my turn. Can I
>use the Compel the Spirit in my next turn? Or does it only work when my
>Garou dies after my turn?

It means "since your last turn". It doesn't include anything that happened
dyring your last turn.

>3. Camarilla Segretation
>
>Is this cumulative card? So if I have 3 Camarilla Segretation in play does
>every non-camarilla vampire controller take 3 damage?

Yes.

>4. Kiss of Ra
>
>I think there is nothing against playing Kiss of Ra when you are coming out
>of the torpor and someone without
>fortitude is trying to block?

Right.

>5. Flesh of Marble
>
>There was topic about FOM saying that all damage from additional strikes
>are ignored. So does

If the damage is of the type handled by FoM

>that mean if I play FOM and reduce opponent's first strike and carrion crows
>attack to one damage, his
>additional strike (which would be 2 aggravated damage) is totally ignored?

If FoM works against agg damage.

>6. Taste of Vitae
>
>Is the ruling still so that you only get blood that is lost opponent from
>your strikes?
>So you are not getting blood from Darkness Within or other environmental
>damage (Carrion Crows)?

Environmental damage is included. See the online card text.

>7. Assamites & Blood Curse
>
>Blood Curse is not removed if Assamite changes clan with Clan Impersonation
>card?

It only applies to Assamites, not to non-Assamites.

>What about if I make a new Assamites (with Embrace)? Do they get the Blood
>Curse? I think yes.

Yes. See the RTR just posted.

>What about if Tariq makes new Assamite with Embrace? Tariq is Assamite but
>he don't have blood curse.

Assamites have Blood Curse.

>8. Theo Bell
>
>His diablerie for free ability works if Theo himself is Prince/Justicar?

Sure.

>9. Decapitae + Taste of Vitae
>
>Taste of Vitae can be played after Decapitae?

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
11 juil. 2001, 11:21:3211/07/2001
LSJ <vte...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message news:<3B7F...@MailAndNews.com>...

> >===== Original Message From "Marko Saari" <gu...@sci.fi> =====

> >9. Decapitae + Taste of Vitae

> >Taste of Vitae can be played after Decapitae?
>
> Yes.

After superior Decapitate? Isn't combat over (because there is
no opposing minion) as soon as Decapitate is played?

Josh

not usable by a vampire going to torpor

LSJ

non lue,
11 juil. 2001, 11:38:3211/07/2001

>> >===== Original Message From "Marko Saari" <gu...@sci.fi> =====
>
>> >9. Decapitae + Taste of Vitae
>> >
>> >Taste of Vitae can be played after Decapitae?
>>
>> Yes.
>
>After superior Decapitate? Isn't combat over (because there is
>no opposing minion) as soon as Decapitate is played?

See the recent thread on Taste of Vitae - it is usable after
a strike which burns or torporizes the opposing vampire,
despite the fact that this is outside the strict rules.

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
12 juil. 2001, 09:13:4012/07/2001
LSJ <vte...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message news:<3B82...@MailAndNews.com>...

> >===== Original Message From duff...@bls.gov (Joshua Duffin) =====
> >LSJ <vte...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message

> >> Yes.
> >
> >After superior Decapitate? Isn't combat over (because there is
> >no opposing minion) as soon as Decapitate is played?
>
> See the recent thread on Taste of Vitae - it is usable after
> a strike which burns or torporizes the opposing vampire,
> despite the fact that this is outside the strict rules.

Ah, thanks, I missed that.

So this is legal:

Parmenides (+1 strength, CEL) dodges, gains an additional strike
with Quickness, and hits Lazverinus for two. Lazverinus prevents
those two. Parmenides gains another additional strike with Pursuit
and hits Lazverinus for two again. Lazverinus does not prevent and
loses two blood, going to 0. Parmenides presses with a Psyche!.
Parmenides then plays Pulled Fangs, sending Lazverinus to torpor
(drawn off the Psyche!), and then Taste of Vitae to gain two blood
(drawn off the Fangs).

Yeah?

Josh

+1 strength + CEL = much kicking of butts

LSJ

non lue,
12 juil. 2001, 09:52:4712/07/2001
duff...@bls.gov (Joshua Duffin) wrote:
>Parmenides (+1 strength, CEL) dodges, gains an additional strike
>with Quickness, and hits Lazverinus for two. Lazverinus prevents
>those two. Parmenides gains another additional strike with Pursuit
>and hits Lazverinus for two again. Lazverinus does not prevent and
>loses two blood, going to 0. Parmenides presses with a Psyche!.
>Parmenides then plays Pulled Fangs, sending Lazverinus to torpor
>(drawn off the Psyche!), and then Taste of Vitae to gain two blood
>(drawn off the Fangs).
>
>Yeah?

No. Taste is played (immediately) after strike resolution, not during
the press step.

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
12 juil. 2001, 15:26:5412/07/2001
LSJ <vte...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message news:<3B90...@MailAndNews.com>...

> No. Taste is played (immediately) after strike resolution, not during
> the press step.

...oh. I didn't realize "after" meant "immediately after". Maybe
that should be added to clarifications on Taste? Or something. Ever
since I started playing, I think, I assumed that the "after" on Taste
meant "any time after".

Josh

LSJ

non lue,
12 juil. 2001, 15:53:1712/07/2001
>===== Original Message From duff...@bls.gov (Joshua Duffin) =====

And the damage from Daring the Dawn is done "immediately" after.
And the vampire playing Day Operation goes to torpor immediately after.

In these contexts (specifying a time at which an effect occurs) "after"
implies "immediately after"

0 nouveau message