Spirit Marionette

32 vues

Jozxyqk

non lue,
21 nov. 2002, 15:37:5821/11/2002
Spirit Marionette's superior text says:
[OBE] +1 stealth action. (D) Take control of any ready untapped minion
until the end of the next action. That minion must bleed your prey
unless he or she must hunt.

Can the minion stolen with Spirit Marionette play a bleed card?
i.e. can he Computer Hack (or Govern the Unaligned if he has dom)?

LSJ

non lue,
21 nov. 2002, 15:38:5021/11/2002

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Wouter Kuyper

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 04:12:2522/11/2002
>What happens if the stolen vampire is forbid from bleeding (say I
>performed an enticement that turn, or I ousted my prey, and I take
>control of one of my former grand prey, now mt prey). Can he then
>perform another (non-bleed) action? or he'll just stay where he is
>until I take another action? what if I don't take any more actions
>this turn?

Halcyan:
He's just stuck in limbo. Happens all the time. An empty vampire who
hunts
(gains one) and then Freak Drives is untapped and stuck in limbo. An
empty
vampire with a Reality cannot do anything, etc. Must do something and
cannot do
that something means he just does nothing.

Wouter:
Sorry for the strange place for this reply...i couldn't post a
follow-up at the right place for some reason...

But isn't this a way to use Reyda's trick, i mean playing an Ancient
Influence or something?

Wouter

Wouter Kuyper

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 04:14:1922/11/2002
Just curious, What happens if i return to Innocense with my
Marrionette? When does what happen?

LSJ

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 07:55:2622/11/2002
Wouter Kuyper wrote:
> Just curious, What happens if i return to Innocense with my
> Marrionette? When does what happen?

A controls vampire X.
B controls vampire Y.

X plays Spirit Marionette on Y.
A takes control of Y.
Y performs Return to Innocence.
B takes control of Y.
During B's untap, Y is removed from the game and B's prey loses an
amount of pool equal to Y's capacity.

LSJ

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 08:08:5522/11/2002
Andreas Nusser wrote:
> I thought with Spirit Marionette you could only Bleed! Does this Bleed
> include Bleeding actions?

Yes. Bleeding is allowed if you are only allowed to bleed.
Similarly, striking with hands is allowed under Immortal Grapple, so you
can use Blood Rage, for example.

Andreas Nusser

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 08:07:4422/11/2002
LSJ wrote:
> Wouter Kuyper wrote:
>
>>Just curious, What happens if i return to Innocense with my
>>Marrionette? When does what happen?
>

> A controls vampire X.
> B controls vampire Y.
>
> X plays Spirit Marionette on Y.
> A takes control of Y.
> Y performs Return to Innocence.
> B takes control of Y.
> During B's untap, Y is removed from the game and B's prey loses an
> amount of pool equal to Y's capacity.

I thought with Spirit Marionette you could only Bleed! Does this Bleed
include Bleeding actions?

Andreas

XZealot

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 11:34:0822/11/2002

"Wouter Kuyper" <Wouter...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >What happens if the stolen vampire is forbid from bleeding (say I
> >performed an enticement that turn, or I ousted my prey, and I take
> >control of one of my former grand prey, now mt prey). Can he then
> >perform another (non-bleed) action? or he'll just stay where he is
> >until I take another action? what if I don't take any more actions
> >this turn?
>
> Halcyan:
> He's just stuck in limbo. Happens all the time. An empty vampire who
> hunts
> (gains one) and then Freak Drives is untapped and stuck in limbo.

Not anymore, A vampire can hunt as many times as they would like.

see. http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Checklist_Camarilla.html

New Rules - No Repeat Actions
The new base rules incorporate a variation of the No Repeat Actions special
floor rule from the V:EKN tournament rules. Instead of restricting repeats
by (a sometimes difficult to define) type, a minion cannot
bleed twice in a turn
take a political action twice in a turn
use the same action card twice in a turn
take the action allowed by a card in play twice in a turn
by the new rules, with no restrictions on, for example, hunting or equipping
(assuming the minion can untap, of course). The last item (card in play)
includes any special ability the minion may have.

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.

Andreas Nusser

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 11:37:2122/11/2002

Well a vampire "stolen by Spirit Marionette" can´t do shit besides
bleeding. So if you stole him with 0 Blood he maybe picks in his/her
nose but nothing more.

Andreas Nusser
www.vekn.de
time...@scram.de

Jason

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 12:05:5522/11/2002
>Andreas Nusser time...@scram.de wrote:
>Well a vampire "stolen by Spirit Marionette" can´t do shit besides
>bleeding. So if you stole him with 0 Blood he maybe picks in his/her
>nose but nothing more.

A stolen vampire at 0 blood must hunt by card text:

Spirit Marionette

+1 stealth action. (D) Take control of any ready untapped minion until the end
of the next action. That minion must bleed your prey unless he or she must
hunt.

Jason

Andreas Nusser

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 12:14:1322/11/2002

OOOPPSS. My fault. Maybe I was thinking about something else!

--
Andreas Nusser
www.vekn.de

Jozxyqk

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 12:37:2422/11/2002
>> Spirit Marionette
>> +1 stealth action. (D) Take control of any ready untapped minion until the end
>> of the next action. That minion must bleed your prey unless he or she must
>> hunt.

It's time for "Corner Case Theatre":

OK..
Matthias is carrying a Changeling Skin Mask.
He plays Spirit Marionette at superior, targeting an untapped Ulugh Beg.
Ulugh (who happens to be the only eligible blocker at this time)
attempts to block that action, with help from KRCG.
Matthias plays Faceless Night, at Superior. Ulugh can't block and remains
tapped.
The action goes through, but Matthias's controller has control of a tapped
Ulugh.
Or does the action fizzle since he's no longer a valid target?
If he *is* a valid target, can Ulugh now play Force of Will?

The side comments that come after the question:
If that's the case, Ulugh can play Force of Will (at inferior), and Daring
the Dawn (at inferior), thus taking 4 agg + 1 for the cost of the FoW.
Ouch.

LSJ

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 12:47:2722/11/2002
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Matthias is carrying a Changeling Skin Mask.
> He plays Spirit Marionette at superior, targeting an untapped Ulugh Beg.
> Ulugh (who happens to be the only eligible blocker at this time)
> attempts to block that action, with help from KRCG.
> Matthias plays Faceless Night, at Superior. Ulugh can't block and remains
> tapped.
> The action goes through, but Matthias's controller has control of a tapped
> Ulugh.
> Or does the action fizzle since he's no longer a valid target?

It fizzles.
(found by "tapped target resolves fizzles author:LSJ")

Halcyan 2

non lue,
22 nov. 2002, 16:13:2522/11/2002
>> Halcyan:
>> He's just stuck in limbo. Happens all the time. An empty vampire who
>> hunts
>> (gains one) and then Freak Drives is untapped and stuck in limbo.
>
>Not anymore, A vampire can hunt as many times as they would like.

Um...just to make sure my honor is defended, the statement I made that Wouter
was quoting was made all the way back in December 19, 2001, well before the CE
rules were even announced.

In addition, I think Wouter was just using it as an example of limbo (not
necessarily an issue of hunting).

Besides, a vampire can *not* necessarily "hunt as many times as they would
like." Kyoko, vampires with a Legacy of Cain, and Ravnos during a Week of
Nightmares can only hunt once a turn due to NRA>

Halcyan 2

reyda

non lue,
23 nov. 2002, 07:39:0823/11/2002
Wouter Kuyper wrote:

::
:: But isn't this a way to use Reyda's trick, i mean playing an

:: Ancient Influence or something?
::
:: Wouter

thanks for the reference ;)
I use other people's vampire a lot, but by using mind rape because its
flexibility and "take control until the end of the turn" clause that allow
for multiple actions (via Force of will or precognizant mobility)
I also tried the !Ventrue angle and use all the blood on stolen vampire(s)
in the same turn by calling a Blood siege : it's damn efficient if you throw
a couple of Society of Leopold to ensure the victimes won't walk away =)
But I think the best deck that can be used around mind rapes is based on Ur
Shulgi : you your prey and use a titled vampire from your predator to
diablerize and let him burn in the blood hunt. But of course with this kind
of deck you can't have any friend ;)

Wouter Kuyper

non lue,
23 nov. 2002, 16:53:4623/11/2002
halc...@aol.com (Halcyan 2) wrote in message news:<20021122161325...@mb-dh.aol.com>...

> >> Halcyan:
> >> He's just stuck in limbo. Happens all the time. An empty vampire who
> >> hunts
> >> (gains one) and then Freak Drives is untapped and stuck in limbo.
> >
> >Not anymore, A vampire can hunt as many times as they would like.
>

> Um...just to make sure my honor is defended, the statement I made that Wouter
> was quoting was made all the way back in December 19, 2001, well before the CE
> rules were even announced.

Oops, didn't see that...i read it on the net, not via mail...i thought
it was just written, sorry...

> In addition, I think Wouter was just using it as an example of limbo (not
> necessarily an issue of hunting).

Indeed, the point stands...

> Besides, a vampire can *not* necessarily "hunt as many times as they would
> like." Kyoko, vampires with a Legacy of Cain, and Ravnos during a Week of
> Nightmares can only hunt once a turn due to NRA>

as an example of what i meant indeed
:-)

Wouter

0 nouveau message