[LSJ] Stake covered with the Blood of a Scorpion

Daneel

Oct 24, 2007, 4:26:22 PM10/24/07
Can I combine Blood of the Cobra and Scorpion's Touch with a Melee Weapon,
e.g. Wooden Stake?

Blood of the Cobra
[QUI] Strike: ranged. Play a non-ranged strike that requires Quietus from
your hand and use that strike as if it were ranged (if the chosen strike
is a hand strike, the hand strike`s damage is not ranged and this strike
is not a hand strike).

Scorpion's Touch
[qui] Strike: make a hand or melee weapon strike and put this card on the
opposing minion. The minion with this card gets -1 strength (this does not
affect the current strike resolution step). Any vampire may burn this card
as a +1 stealth action. A minion may have only one Scorpion`s Touch. [QUI]
As above, and the minion with this card burns 1 blood or life during his
or her untap phase.

Wooden Stake
Melee weapon. Strength damage each strike. If more than 1 damage is
inflicted on an opposing vampire by this weapon in a given combat, then
that vampire is sent into torpor. In that case, this card is transferred
to that vampire, and he or she doesn`t untap as normal during the untap
phase as long as he or she remains in torpor.

--
Regards,

Daneel

XZealot

Oct 24, 2007, 5:28:32 PM10/24/07

Hysterical!

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

LSJ

Oct 24, 2007, 5:28:50 PM10/24/07

From http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

Blood of the Cobra:
# If the strike is one that says to make a hand strike or make a melee weapon
strike, then the strike is ranged, but the hand or melee weapon portion of the
strike is still only effective at close range. [RTR 20010710]

tigernat1

Oct 24, 2007, 6:02:51 PM10/24/07
On Oct 24, 2:28 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Daneel wrote:
> > Can I combine Blood of the Cobra and Scorpion's Touch with a Melee
> > Weapon, e.g. Wooden Stake?
>
> > Blood of the Cobra
> > [QUI] Strike: ranged. Play a non-ranged strike that requires Quietus
> > from your hand and use that strike as if it were ranged (if the chosen
> > strike is a hand strike, the hand strike`s damage is not ranged and this
> > strike is not a hand strike).
>
> > Scorpion's Touch
> > [qui] Strike: make a hand or melee weapon strike and put this card on
> > the opposing minion. The minion with this card gets -1 strength (this
> > does not affect the current strike resolution step). Any vampire may
> > burn this card as a +1 stealth action. A minion may have only one
> > Scorpion`s Touch. [QUI] As above, and the minion with this card burns 1
> > blood or life during his or her untap phase.
>
> > Wooden Stake
> > Melee weapon. Strength damage each strike. If more than 1 damage is
> > inflicted on an opposing vampire by this weapon in a given combat, then
> > that vampire is sent into torpor. In that case, this card is transferred
> > to that vampire, and he or she doesn`t untap as normal during the untap
> > phase as long as he or she remains in torpor.
>
> Fromhttp://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

> Blood of the Cobra:
> # If the strike is one that says to make a hand strike or make a melee weapon
> strike, then the strike is ranged, but the hand or melee weapon portion of the
> strike is still only effective at close range. [RTR 20010710]- Hide quoted text -

Yay!!! A card that allows me to do something that I was already able
to do. Choose a close range strike at long range for no effect!
Thanks for the wallpaper!

Vegas gNat

Salem

Oct 24, 2007, 6:23:34 PM10/24/07

except you'll be putting the Scorpion's Touch on the opposing minion,
giving them -1 strength, and the minion with this card burns 1 blood or

life during his or her untap phase.

Doesn't sound unreasonable. Aside from quietus's issue with everything
costing lots to play.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

François

Oct 25, 2007, 4:39:52 AM10/25/07
On Oct 24, 11:28 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Daneel wrote:
> > Can I combine Blood of the Cobra and Scorpion's Touch with a Melee
> > Weapon, e.g. Wooden Stake?
>
> > Blood of the Cobra
> > [QUI] Strike: ranged. Play a non-ranged strike that requires Quietus
> > from your hand and use that strike as if it were ranged (if the chosen
> > strike is a hand strike, the hand strike`s damage is not ranged and this
> > strike is not a hand strike).
>
> > Scorpion's Touch
> > [qui] Strike: make a hand or melee weapon strike and put this card on
> > the opposing minion. The minion with this card gets -1 strength (this
> > does not affect the current strike resolution step). Any vampire may
> > burn this card as a +1 stealth action. A minion may have only one
> > Scorpion`s Touch. [QUI] As above, and the minion with this card burns 1
> > blood or life during his or her untap phase.
>
> > Wooden Stake
> > Melee weapon. Strength damage each strike. If more than 1 damage is
> > inflicted on an opposing vampire by this weapon in a given combat, then
> > that vampire is sent into torpor. In that case, this card is transferred
> > to that vampire, and he or she doesn`t untap as normal during the untap
> > phase as long as he or she remains in torpor.
>
> Fromhttp://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

> Blood of the Cobra:
> # If the strike is one that says to make a hand strike or make a melee weapon
> strike, then the strike is ranged, but the hand or melee weapon portion of the
> strike is still only effective at close range. [RTR 20010710]

Can I use Kerrie's ranged strike with Scorpion's Touch at long range ?

If I can, is the Scorpion's Touch card put on the opposing minion ?

François

Message has been deleted