(LSJ) Mind Numb on the acting vampire

floppyzedolfin

Apr 5, 2010, 5:53:12 PM4/5/10
Hello LSJ,
I need to verify something
Can a vampire play Mind Numb on himself ?
My understanding of the outline ((IV.A.1), (IV.A.2)) is that he can,
since he isn't tapped during the "declare targets" step.

However, in most cases, that action will fizzle at resolution (since
the target is tapped at resolution). Exceptions are : vampire with
Rutor's Hand, Temptation, Clotho's Gift, Nu, Shalmath, and probably
some others, who would make the action successful.

Thanks

~~

Name: Mind Numb
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Presence
[pre] (D) Put this card on any untapped vampire. Tap that vampire; he
or she does not untap as normal during his or her controller's untap
phase. Burn this card during your next untap phase.
[PRE] As above, with +1 stealth.

LSJ

Apr 5, 2010, 7:59:45 PM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 5:53 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello LSJ,
> I need to verify something
> Can a vampire play Mind Numb on himself ?

Not typically, since he'll be tapped.

> My understanding of the outline ((IV.A.1), (IV.A.2)) is that he can,
> since he isn't tapped during the "declare targets" step.

Oh, he can target himself, sure.

squidalot

Apr 6, 2010, 7:34:45 PM4/6/10

Why Floppy why.....