BotC question

1 vue

Cartman

non lue,
5 sept. 2002, 09:11:5005/09/2002
I looked through Google searching for clarification on Blood of the Cobra,
but I'm still a little confused:

how does it exactly work?
Does Thetmes deal agg. ranged damage?
How do Scorpion's Touch and Dagon's Call work with BotC?

Many thanx

LSJ

non lue,
5 sept. 2002, 09:45:0605/09/2002
Cartman wrote:

> I looked through Google searching for clarification on Blood of the Cobra,
> but I'm still a little confused:
>
> how does it exactly work?

Inferior: you strike for 1R damage.
Superior: You play a non-ranged strike that requires Quietus from your
hand and use that strike as if it were ranged (if the chosen strike is
a hand strike, the hand strike's damage is not ranged and this strike
is not a hand strike).

> Does Thetmes deal agg. ranged damage?

No. Only his hand damage is aggravated.

> How do Scorpion's Touch and Dagon's Call work with BotC?

The hand and/or melee weapon strike enabled by ST and DC do not
become ranged.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
5 sept. 2002, 12:11:3805/09/2002
In article <3D775FE2...@white-wolf.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>Cartman wrote:
>>
>> I looked through Google searching for clarification on Blood of the Cobra,
>> but I'm still a little confused:
>>
>> how does it exactly work?
>
>Inferior: you strike for 1R damage.
>Superior: You play a non-ranged strike that requires Quietus from your
>hand and use that strike as if it were ranged (if the chosen strike is
>a hand strike, the hand strike's damage is not ranged and this strike
>is not a hand strike).
>
>> Does Thetmes deal agg. ranged damage?
>
>No. Only his hand damage is aggravated.
>
>> How do Scorpion's Touch and Dagon's Call work with BotC?
>
>The hand and/or melee weapon strike enabled by ST and DC do not
>become ranged.

Not complaining here, just noting that currently the only non-ranged
Quietus strikes that aren't ST or DC are the (weak) Vascular Explosion and
the (lame) Weakness. Hopefully Anarchs or some other set will include
more close-range options for Quietus.

I mean, Blood of the Cobra + Vascular Explosion merely serves to replicate
Blood Sweat at triple cost (yes, yes, with the 1 bonus damage to allies,
big whoop), which hardly seems worth the trouble.

gomi
who wants to complain with me?
--
Blood, guts, guns, cuts
Knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts

LSJ

non lue,
5 sept. 2002, 12:13:4205/09/2002
Gomi no Sensei wrote:
> >The hand and/or melee weapon strike enabled by ST and DC do not
> >become ranged.
>
> Not complaining here, just noting that currently the only non-ranged
> Quietus strikes that aren't ST or DC are the (weak) Vascular Explosion and
> the (lame) Weakness. Hopefully Anarchs or some other set will include
> more close-range options for Quietus.

You can still get the other benefits of ST or DC, of course.
It's just the hand/melee strike that doesn't have any effect at long range.

0 nouveau message