[Q] Draught of the Soul + Gisela's Special

0 vue

Ped Xing

non lue,
7 nov. 2002, 17:05:2107/11/2002
That's right, another Harbinger of Skulls questions...

Relevant Card Text:

Draught of the Soul
Action Modifier/Combat
Auspex & Quietus
Only usable when this acting vampire burns another vampire. [qui]:
This vampire gains 1 blood. [aus][qui]: This vampire gains 1 blood.
Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this card has +1
intercept. [AUS][QUI]: As [aus][qui] above, and this vampire gets +1
bleed when bleeding the controller of the burned vampire.

Gisela Harden, The Winnower,
Harbingers of Skulls, 7
aus dem FOR NEC
Sabbat Priscus: Gisela can burn a vampire in your prey's uncontrolled
region as a (D) action that costs X blood, where X is the amount of
blood on that vampire; any blood on that vampire is returned to your
prey's pool.

Note that Draught does not specify that a burn in combat is
required.... Assuming I put a Quietus skill card on her first, can
Gisella play Draught of the Soul on vampires she burns with her
special?

This may be an especially heinous combo with two Quietus discipline
cards and one Auspex...

Any thoughts to the playability of such a combo (assuming it is
legal?)

LSJ

non lue,
8 nov. 2002, 08:04:2708/11/2002
Ped Xing wrote:

> That's right, another Harbinger of Skulls questions...
>
> Relevant Card Text:
>
> Draught of the Soul
> Action Modifier/Combat
> Auspex & Quietus
> Only usable when this acting vampire burns another vampire. [qui]:
> This vampire gains 1 blood. [aus][qui]: This vampire gains 1 blood.
> Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this card has +1
> intercept. [AUS][QUI]: As [aus][qui] above, and this vampire gets +1
> bleed when bleeding the controller of the burned vampire.
>
> Gisela Harden, The Winnower,
> Harbingers of Skulls, 7
> aus dem FOR NEC
> Sabbat Priscus: Gisela can burn a vampire in your prey's uncontrolled
> region as a (D) action that costs X blood, where X is the amount of
> blood on that vampire; any blood on that vampire is returned to your
> prey's pool.
>
> Note that Draught does not specify that a burn in combat is
> required.... Assuming I put a Quietus skill card on her first, can
> Gisella play Draught of the Soul on vampires she burns with her
> special?

No. Uncontrolled cards aren't valid targets by default - Draught of the
Soul would need explicit card text allowing it to work when an
uncontrolled vampire is burned in order for it to work in that case.

Combat is not required, as you note, though, so DotS can be played
on a diablerie action or when Anisa performs her special action, for
example.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Johann

non lue,
8 nov. 2002, 08:58:2808/11/2002
> Relevant Card Text:
>
> Draught of the Soul
> Action Modifier/Combat
> Auspex & Quietus
> Only usable when this acting vampire burns another vampire. [qui]:
> This vampire gains 1 blood. [aus][qui]: This vampire gains 1 blood.
> Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this card has +1
> intercept. [AUS][QUI]: As [aus][qui] above, and this vampire gets +1
> bleed when bleeding the controller of the burned vampire.
>
> Gisela Harden, The Winnower,
> Harbingers of Skulls, 7
> aus dem FOR NEC
> Sabbat Priscus: Gisela can burn a vampire in your prey's uncontrolled
> region as a (D) action that costs X blood, where X is the amount of
> blood on that vampire; any blood on that vampire is returned to your
> prey's pool.
>
> Note that Draught does not specify that a burn in combat is
> required.... Assuming I put a Quietus skill card on her first, can
> Gisella play Draught of the Soul on vampires she burns with her
> special?

> Any thoughts to the playability of such a combo (assuming it is
> legal?)

I think it is perfectly legal...scary combo...
genius :)
(just use sanguine instruction on gisela if you use anisa/egotha)

Ped Xing

non lue,
8 nov. 2002, 16:11:2508/11/2002
> No. Uncontrolled cards aren't valid targets by default - Draught of the
> Soul would need explicit card text allowing it to work when an
> uncontrolled vampire is burned in order for it to work in that case.
>
> Combat is not required, as you note, though, so DotS can be played
> on a diablerie action or when Anisa performs her special action, for
> example.

Which is why I asked (since I recalled that vamps burned by Gisela are
not valid targets for Daemonic Possession either). *SIGH* All Gisela
strategies look genius on paper...

And it's too bad. Right now, DotS is so corner case. I think the only
vampires that can use it at the advanced level without discipline
masters played on them are Tariq and Tegyrius. Not even Ur-Shulgi has
the advanced Auspex...

To use it with Anisa (indeed for her special to be useful at all), you
have to assume you'll be playing in an environment with weenies and
the local metagame here has shifted significantly since the release of
the CE to highcap princes..., a shame really.

To bad there isn't a way to lower a high-cap's capacity below four
(short of multiple mind of the child which is just to expensive to
perform repeatedly).

LSJ

non lue,
8 nov. 2002, 16:15:1308/11/2002
Ped Xing wrote:
> To bad there isn't a way to lower a high-cap's capacity below four
> (short of multiple mind of the child which is just to expensive to
> perform repeatedly).

Multiple combats with Violet Tremain could do it.

Repeated <Clan> Justicar votes followed by Wrath of the Inner
Circle would do it.

Not saying it's easy, just that the idea that there isn't a way to
do it is a bit overstated.

Jason

non lue,
8 nov. 2002, 16:35:2208/11/2002
ped_...@hotmail.com (Ped Xing) wrote:
>To use it with Anisa (indeed for her special to be useful at all), you
>have to assume you'll be playing in an environment with weenies and
>the local metagame here has shifted significantly since the release of
>the CE to highcap princes..., a shame really.
>
>To bad there isn't a way to lower a high-cap's capacity below four
>(short of multiple mind of the child which is just to expensive to
>perform repeatedly).

No need for all that. The answer lies in Uriah Winter, Trojan Horse of the
Harbingers.

:)

Jason

0 nouveau message