Burning Touch + Change of target + Obedience timing

freakdrivr

Jan 15, 2002, 11:20:53 AM1/15/02
What is the timing for the e cards listed in the subject?

When one plays Burning Touch (val) can the acting minion then play
Change of target right after? If one plays Burning Touch does
Obedience cancel the burn blood effect done by Burning Touch?

thanks,

jds

LSJ

Jan 15, 2002, 12:56:40 PM1/15/02
freakdrivr wrote:

> What is the timing for [Burning Touch + Change of target + Obedience]?

BT is playable at any time before the block succeeds.
CoT is playable once a block succeeds.
Obedience is playable once a block succeeds that would lead to combat.

> When one plays Burning Touch (val) can the acting minion then play
> Change of target right after? If one plays Burning Touch does
> Obedience cancel the burn blood effect done by Burning Touch?

Yes.
No.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

vermillian

Jan 15, 2002, 5:04:00 PM1/15/02
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C446D58...@white-wolf.com>...

> freakdrivr wrote:
> >
> > When one plays Burning Touch (val) can the acting minion then play
> > Change of target right after? If one plays Burning Touch does
> > Obedience cancel the burn blood effect done by Burning Touch?
>
> Yes.
> No.

Wow... so... I could do something, someone attempts to block, throw 3
Burning touches, he still decides to block thinking he's going to
whoop my butt, and then I could change of target it, and then equip
with a meat hook, poker or bastard sword (and then untap with
bolonga's gift)...

This would really discourage people from ever blocking... But what
actions should I be doing? Equpping, rushing, and then bleeding with
superior Burning touch (and pentex loves you!)?

Could be a deck... Problem's with the choice of vampires... And having
enough gift of bologna's...

~SV

LSJ

Jan 15, 2002, 5:20:53 PM1/15/02
vermillian wrote:
> Wow... so... I could do something, someone attempts to block, throw 3
> Burning touches, he still decides to block thinking he's going to
> whoop my butt, and then I could change of target it, and then equip
> with a meat hook, poker or bastard sword (and then untap with
> bolonga's gift)...

No. You can only throw 1 BT as an action modifier, per the normal rules.
He'd still burn a blood when you CoT, though.

Flux

Jan 15, 2002, 6:26:43 PM1/15/02
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in news:3C44AB45.72999D96@white-
wolf.com:

> vermillian wrote:
>> Wow... so... I could do something, someone attempts to block, throw 3
>> Burning touches, he still decides to block thinking he's going to
>> whoop my butt, and then I could change of target it, and then equip
>> with a meat hook, poker or bastard sword (and then untap with
>> bolonga's gift)...
>
> No. You can only throw 1 BT as an action modifier, per the normal rules.
> He'd still burn a blood when you CoT, though.

... he could do it with multiple Masks.

;-)

Flux