[LSJ] Piper & Charisma

nicop...@hotmail.com

Jan 15, 2009, 12:25:26 PM1/15/09
Hello,

Can an anarch use Piper and pay 1 lees pool for recruiting an ally ?

Charisma
Cardtype: Master
Unique master.
Put this card on a ready vampire. This vampire's recruit ally actions
cost 1 less blood or pool (but never less than 0 blood or pool).
Artist: Talon Dunning

Piper
Cardtype: Master
Master. Requires a ready anarch.
A ready untapped anarch you control employs or recruits a retainer or
ally from your hand (requirements and cost apply as normal). This is
not an action and cannot be blocked. Tap that anarch.
Artist: Andrew Trabbold

Sorry if it was already answered but I couldn't find it...

Nicolas.

LSJ

Jan 15, 2009, 1:22:17 PM1/15/09
nicop...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can an anarch use Piper and pay 1 lees pool for recruiting an ally ?

No.

Charisma: "recruit ally actions"
Piper: "this is not an action"

brandons...@yahoo.com

Jan 15, 2009, 2:57:28 PM1/15/09
On Jan 15, 10:22 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

Card text to the rescue!

Brandon

nicop...@hotmail.com

Jan 16, 2009, 3:17:20 AM1/16/09
> Brandon- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

Many thanks...

I had a doubt because Piper says "A ready untapped anarch you control
employs or recruits"...

Nicolas.

Salem

Jan 16, 2009, 7:48:27 AM1/16/09

I was thinking about this combo a few times over the last few months,
but decided it'd be 'no' so didn't bother asking, because of the whole
action/not action thing.

Similarly, Charisma on Antonio D'Erlette doesn't work with his ability.

The reason I started thinking about it though was because of the below
from the 7/7/7 RTR:

"All cost-affecting cards operate no matter how the card is played ("as
normal" or otherwise). "

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

brandons...@yahoo.com

Jan 16, 2009, 12:45:55 PM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 4:48 am, Salem <kella...@hotmail.com> wrote:

We also had a discussion recently (don't have the link) on equipping
vs playing (ala Concealed Weapon), how DI interacts with it, etc.
Piper is a desirable card simply for the fact that your recruiting
can't be blocked. No stealth required and they can Sudden the Piper,
but can't cancel your War Ghoul or whatever. Pack Alpha is another
example of a retaining that is not an action.

Brandon

felipechewbacca

Jan 16, 2009, 3:34:02 PM1/16/09
On Jan 15, 4:22 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Nicolas.- Hide quoted text -

Ok. But what about Piper and a vampire that pay one less pool or blood
when recruit an ally, like Little Taylor of Prague, does it works?

Little Taylor of Prague
Sabbat: When the Tailor recruits an ally or employs a retainer that
requires Tzimisce or Vicissitude, the cost is reduced by one blood or
pool. +1 bleed.

LSJ

Jan 16, 2009, 3:44:03 PM1/16/09
felipechewbacca wrote:
>>> Piper
>>> Cardtype: Master
>>> Master. Requires a ready anarch.
>>> A ready untapped anarch you control employs or recruits a retainer or
>>> ally from your hand (requirements and cost apply as normal). This is
>>> not an action and cannot be blocked. Tap that anarch.
>>> Artist: Andrew Trabbold
>>> Sorry if it was already answered but I couldn't find it...
>>> Nicolas.- Hide quoted text -
>
> Ok. But what about Piper and a vampire that pay one less pool or blood
> when recruit an ally, like Little Taylor of Prague, does it works?
>
> Little Taylor of Prague
> Sabbat: When the Tailor recruits an ally or employs a retainer that
> requires Tzimisce or Vicissitude, the cost is reduced by one blood or
> pool. +1 bleed.

Yes.

Piper card text: "recruits"
Little Tailor of Prague card text: "recruits"