Some Q's for LSJ

LSJ

Oct 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/1/97
to vte...@oracle.wizards.com

On vtes-l, David Pontes <l41...@alfa.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> What if:
>
> - The controller of the Rack is different from the controller of
> the vampire benefiting from the Rack? (amusing thought :) )

"The Rack now functions only while the controller of The Rack is the
controller of the affected vampire." [TOM 951124]

> - There are no ready vampires when I play The Rack. (is it
> possible to play it this way?)

It points to nothing, so no benefit is gained.

> - The vamp benefiting from The Rack is burnt?

It points to nothing, so no one benefits.

>[Re: Palatial Estate]
> The "loquipment" subject still eludes me in some subjects: Can a
> loquipment be transferred to another minion of the *same* methuselah via
> Disputed Territory?

Card text: "choose a location and a Methuselah." so, yes.

> Can it be brought into play via Magic of the Smith or
> Vast Wealth?

Yes. It is equipment until it is in play.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com)
Official VtES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.

LSJ

Oct 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/2/97
to vte...@oracle.wizards.com

LSJ <vte...@wizards.com> wrote:
> >[Re: Palatial Estate]
> > The "loquipment" subject still eludes me in some subjects: Can a
> > loquipment be transferred to another minion of the *same* methuselah via
> > Disputed Territory?
>
> Card text: "choose a location and a Methuselah." so, yes.

....salem christ.... made the comment (via private e-mail) that
> [LSJ] ruled for form of
> corruption that giving the edge to a methuselah who already has it with
> regaining the upper hand has no effect. regaining the upper hand has the
> same template as disputed territory. so, technically, you shouldn't be able
> to move locations around your own minions with it.

Absolutely correct.

REVERSAL: Transferring Locquipment via Disputed Territory to the *same*
Methuselah that currently controls the locquipment results in no effect -
the locquipment may *not* be moved to a different minion of the same
Methuselah. (Similarly, transferring the Rack from yourself to yourself
doesn't allow you to choose a new target).

I apologize for the oversight.

James Coupe

Oct 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/2/97

In article <8757980...@dejanews.com>, LSJ <vte...@wizards.com>
writes

>LSJ <vte...@wizards.com> wrote:
>> >[Re: Palatial Estate]
>> > The "loquipment" subject still eludes me in some subjects: Can a
>> > loquipment be transferred to another minion of the *same* methuselah via
>> > Disputed Territory?
>>
>> Card text: "choose a location and a Methuselah." so, yes.
>
> ....salem christ.... made the comment (via private e-mail) that
>> [LSJ] ruled for form of
>> corruption that giving the edge to a methuselah who already has it with
>> regaining the upper hand has no effect. regaining the upper hand has the
>> same template as disputed territory. so, technically, you shouldn't be able
>> to move locations around your own minions with it.
>
>Absolutely correct.
>
>REVERSAL: Transferring Locquipment via Disputed Territory to the *same*
>Methuselah that currently controls the locquipment results in no effect -
>the locquipment may *not* be moved to a different minion of the same
>Methuselah. (Similarly, transferring the Rack from yourself to yourself
>doesn't allow you to choose a new target).
>
>I apologize for the oversight.

Well, you couldn't steal the Rack for yourself since that would be a (D)
action directed at yourself since you control the rack but anyway....

Does this also apply to Tomb as well? So I can't use Disputed Territory
and shift it to someone else I have in my uncontrolled region?

Not too bothered about Locquipment though. It's far more fun to get
Gloria Giovanni out, Clan Impersonate her to Tremere and then get an
Ankara Citadel out. Bounce for free without tapping! Woohoo.

--

James Coupe (remove .nospam to reply by e-mail)

If you find you are falling into madness - dive

LSJ

Oct 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/6/97

James Coupe <ja...@obeah.demon.co.uk.nospam> wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@wizards.com> writes
> >REVERSAL: Transferring Locquipment via Disputed Territory to the *same*
> >Methuselah that currently controls the locquipment results in no effect -
> >the locquipment may *not* be moved to a different minion of the same
> >Methuselah. (Similarly, transferring the Rack from yourself to yourself
> >doesn't allow you to choose a new target).
>
> Well, you couldn't steal the Rack for yourself since that would be a (D)
> action directed at yourself since you control the rack but anyway....

You can with Disputed Territory.

> Does this also apply to Tomb as well? So I can't use Disputed Territory
> and shift it to someone else I have in my uncontrolled region?

Correct. It applies to all loctaions.