[LSJ] Condemnation: Languid vs Trap

1 vue

Petri Wessman

non lue,
3 sept. 2002, 04:33:2503/09/2002
Hi, Condemnation: Languid says

"Requires and infernal vampire. (D) Put this card on a ready
minion. The minion with this card has -1 strength. Burn all other
condemnations on this minion
<sup>As above, and the minion cannot use presses in combat"

If a minion has C:L at superior, can they play Trap? Does that count
as "using a press"?

//Petri

Andy Brown

non lue,
3 sept. 2002, 04:56:3003/09/2002

I would say yes, as Trap isn't a press card, and the Press becomes
mandatory in the combat due to the playing of other cards. The minion
itself doesn't play the Trap press, the card does.

--
Andy "Slytherin" Brown
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge

Dorrinal

non lue,
3 sept. 2002, 14:30:2103/09/2002
I whipped out my copy of the CE Trap:

"Only usable before range is determined on the first round of combat.
During the press step, if any Methuselah has played a card earlier in the
current round or during the two previous rounds, the Trap automatically
provides a press to continue (either combatant can press to end)."

So, the _Trap_ does the pressing, not the minion, so a minion with C:L
should be able to use it.

--
Ever so amused,
John "Dorrinal" McGlynn

Halcyan 2

non lue,
3 sept. 2002, 16:01:5103/09/2002
>I would say yes, as Trap isn't a press card, and the Press becomes
>mandatory in the combat due to the playing of other cards. The minion
>itself doesn't play the Trap press, the card does.

Correct. Trap provides an environmental press. This particular issue (where
does the Trap press come from) has existed ever since people wondered whether
the minion who played the Trap can press to end (since you can't cancel your
own presses). And he can since the Trap (not the minion) is pressing.

Halcyan 2

mugwump242

non lue,
3 sept. 2002, 19:21:1903/09/2002
> provides a press to continue (either combatant can press to end)."
>
> So, the _Trap_ does the pressing, not the minion, so a minion with C:L
> should be able to use it.

Well....the Trap 'provides' the press for use. But can the minion use
it give that he cannot currently use presses? I'm sure he can play
the Trap but can he make use of the press?

Halcyan 2

non lue,
3 sept. 2002, 19:29:0703/09/2002
>> So, the _Trap_ does the pressing, not the minion, so a minion with C:L
>> should be able to use it.
>
>Well....the Trap 'provides' the press for use. But can the minion use
>it give that he cannot currently use presses? I'm sure he can play
>the Trap but can he make use of the press?

He's not using it. In fact, he has no choice in the matter at all. Once the
Trap is played, the Trap will automatically provide a press. There have indeed
been cases when a minion who played a Trap later regretted it and couldn't get
out of the combat!

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
4 sept. 2002, 08:12:3704/09/2002
Andy Brown wrote:

> Petri Wessman wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Condemnation: Languid says
> >
> > "Requires and infernal vampire. (D) Put this card on a ready
> > minion. The minion with this card has -1 strength. Burn all other
> > condemnations on this minion
> > <sup>As above, and the minion cannot use presses in combat"
> >
> > If a minion has C:L at superior, can they play Trap? Does that count
> > as "using a press"?
> >
> > //Petri
>
> I would say yes, as Trap isn't a press card, and the Press becomes
> mandatory in the combat due to the playing of other cards. The minion
> itself doesn't play the Trap press, the card does.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message