Orun and Directed Actions

1 view

Jeff Kuta

Oct 15, 2008, 12:10:01 AM10/15/08
Olugbenga has Orun. He attempts to Loss burn the Heart of Nizchetus on
a vampire controlled by his prey.

If the action succeeds, does the Orun burn? Or, does directing an
action at a card on a minion also count as directing the action at
said minion?

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I didn't find the right
answer. I'm guessing the Orun will burn, but just wanted confirmation.

Thanks,

Jeff

Orun
Master: trifle.
Put this card on a Laibon. For non-Orun cards played by Methuselahs
other than this Laibon's controller, this Laibon is considered to have
2 additional capacity. A Laibon gets an additional vote for every
three Orun he or she has. If this Laibon successfully bleeds for more
than 2 or *successfully performs a (D) action against a non-mortal
minion, he or she burns one Orun.* Burn this card if this Laibon has
more Orun and Aye than his or her capacity.

Loss
[qui] (D) Burn an equipment or location on a minion controlled by your
predator or prey.
[QUI] (D) Bleed at +2 bleed.

LSJ

Oct 15, 2008, 6:20:28 AM10/15/08
Jeff Kuta wrote:
> Olugbenga has Orun. He attempts to Loss burn the Heart of Nizchetus on
> a vampire controlled by his prey.
>
> If the action succeeds, does the Orun burn? Or, does directing an
> action at a card on a minion also count as directing the action at
> said minion?

It does not burn. The action is not directed at the minion.

> I'm sure this has been answered before, but I didn't find the right
> answer. I'm guessing the Orun will burn, but just wanted confirmation.

Check directedness by checking if the action can target an equipment on a Secure
Haven'ed vampire:

Google: secure haven equipment author:LSJ
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/48779889388eaca4