LSJ Toreador Grand Ball

8 vues

Jon Cooper

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 14:52:0807/03/2003
Toreador Grand Ball
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Toreador
Cost: 1 pool
Cardtext: Master.
Put this card in play. Choose 2 ready Toreador you control. The first
Toreador's nonbleed actions cannot be blocked. The second Toreador does
not untap as normal during the untap phase; tap the second Toreador.
Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action; Nosferatu get 1 stealth
when attempting that action.

If the clan of the unblockable toreador changes (ie/ they are deranged) are
they still unblockable? I am guesssing no, but the wording would suggest
as the card is put into play......

LSJ

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 14:58:2007/03/2003
Jon Cooper wrote:
> Toreador Grand Ball

> Put this card in play. Choose 2 ready Toreador you control. The first
> Toreador's nonbleed actions cannot be blocked. The second Toreador does
> not untap as normal during the untap phase; tap the second Toreador.
> Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action; Nosferatu get 1 stealth
> when attempting that action.
>
> If the clan of the unblockable toreador changes (ie/ they are deranged) are
> they still unblockable? I am guesssing no, but the wording would suggest
> as the card is put into play......

No is indeed correct, as the wording suggests.
The card being put in play doesn't suggest otherwise.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jon Cooper

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 14:58:2807/03/2003
Toreador Grand Ball
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Toreador
Cost: 1 pool
Cardtext: Master.
Put this card in play. Choose 2 ready Toreador you control. The first
Toreador's nonbleed actions cannot be blocked. The second Toreador does
not untap as normal during the untap phase; tap the second Toreador.
Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action; Nosferatu get 1 stealth
when attempting that action.

Q1: If the unblockable toreador changes clan (eg/ is deranged) are they
still unblockable? The card text seems to suggest this criteria need
only be met when the card is put into play. Is this correct?

Q2: If the tapped minion is removed from play (eg/banished) and then
brought back into play, are they still considered the original minion
and must tap if the TGB is still in play?

Thankyou for your time and energy.
http://web2news.com/?rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad

Jon Cooper

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 15:02:2807/03/2003
> Toreador Grand Ball
> Cardtype: Master
> Clan: Toreador
> Cost: 1 pool
> Cardtext: Master.
> Put this card in play. Choose 2 ready Toreador you control. The first
> Toreador's nonbleed actions cannot be blocked. The second
> Toreador does
> not untap as normal during the untap phase; tap the second Toreador.
> Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action; Nosferatu
> get 1 stealth
> when attempting that action.
>
> Q1: If the unblockable toreador changes clan (eg/ is
> deranged) are they
> still unblockable? The card text seems to suggest this criteria need
> only be met when the card is put into play. Is this correct?
>
> Q2: If the tapped minion is removed from play (eg/banished) and then
> brought back into play, are they still considered the original minion
> and must tap if the TGB is still in play?
>
> Thankyou for your time and energy.

Sorry, posted twice due to massive incompetence and vast impatience. Ah
well.

Jon Cooper

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 15:06:3207/03/2003

>> If the clan of the unblockable toreador changes (ie/ they
>> are deranged) are
>> they still unblockable? I am guesssing no, but the
>> wording would suggest
>> as the card is put into play......
>
> No is indeed correct, as the wording suggests.
> The card being put in play doesn't suggest otherwise.

Seem to be losing the ability to understand written english. You mean,
"No they are not unblockable anymore" Correct?

Jon Cooper

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 15:07:4807/03/2003

>> If the clan of the unblockable toreador changes (ie/ they
>> are deranged) are
>> they still unblockable? I am guesssing no, but the
>> wording would suggest
>> as the card is put into play......
>
> No is indeed correct, as the wording suggests.
> The card being put in play doesn't suggest otherwise.

Seem to be losing the ability to understand written english. You mean,

LSJ

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 15:24:1307/03/2003
Jon Cooper wrote:
>>>If the clan of the unblockable toreador changes (ie/ they
>>>are deranged) are
>>>they still unblockable? I am guesssing no, but the
>>>wording would suggest
>>>as the card is put into play......
>>
>>No is indeed correct, as the wording suggests.
>>The card being put in play doesn't suggest otherwise.
>
> Seem to be losing the ability to understand written english. You mean,
> "No they are not unblockable anymore" Correct?

Right.
Only the Toreador (the first one) is unblockable.
If he's not a Toreador, then he's not the first Tory, and he can be blocked.

Jozxyqk

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 15:45:3807/03/2003
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

>>>No is indeed correct, as the wording suggests.
>>>The card being put in play doesn't suggest otherwise.
>>
>> Seem to be losing the ability to understand written english. You mean,
>> "No they are not unblockable anymore" Correct?

> Right.
> Only the Toreador (the first one) is unblockable.
> If he's not a Toreador, then he's not the first Tory, and he can be blocked.

Therefore, if the other one changes clans, then he can untap as normal, since
he is no longer "The second Toreador", correct?

Kulaid

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 15:47:1407/03/2003

>>>No is indeed correct, as the wording suggests.
>>>The card being put in play doesn't suggest otherwise.
>>
>> Seem to be losing the ability to understand written
>> english. You mean,
>> "No they are not unblockable anymore" Correct?
>
> Right.
> Only the Toreador (the first one) is unblockable.
> If he's not a Toreador, then he's not the first Tory, and
> he can be blocked.

If the second toreador changes clan, he can untap.. and the first
toreador is still unblockable.

LSJ

non lue,
7 mars 2003, 16:05:3807/03/2003
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Therefore, if the other one changes clans, then he can untap as normal, since
> he is no longer "The second Toreador", correct?

Right.

Rob Treasure

non lue,
8 mars 2003, 02:58:5808/03/2003

"LSJ" wrote

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> > Therefore, if the other one changes clans, then he can untap as normal,
since
> > he is no longer "The second Toreador", correct?
>
> Right.

What about if the tapped Toreador is Banished and brought back into play
later? Does he still not untap as normal because of Grand Ball? Probably yes
as card / effect is still in play?

Rob

LSJ

non lue,
9 mars 2003, 06:44:1209/03/2003
Rob Treasure wrote:
> What about if the tapped Toreador is Banished and brought back into play
> later? Does he still not untap as normal because of Grand Ball? Probably yes
> as card / effect is still in play?

Yes. Also if he is contested and the other copy is yielded.

Charles Lechasseur

non lue,
9 mars 2003, 14:56:0409/03/2003
In article <3E6B290C...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
wrote:

>Rob Treasure wrote:
>> What about if the tapped Toreador is Banished and brought back into play
>> later? Does he still not untap as normal because of Grand Ball? Probably yes
>> as card / effect is still in play?
>
>Yes. Also if he is contested and the other copy is yielded.

What if the second Toreador is Banished and its controller then brings
*another* copy of that Toreador into play?

I always thought that a Banished vampire that came back into play was
considered an entirely new vampire as far as cards in play were concerned.
Of course the master and minion cards placed ON the vampire will stay with
him/her (as per card text on Banishment), but how can other cards in play
keep the connection? is this true of all cards in play? for example:
Contract, The Rack? do they still apply when the Banished vampire come
back into play?

James Coupe

non lue,
9 mars 2003, 18:34:5609/03/2003
In message <bunsenburner-0...@modemcable126.51-201-24.que.mc

.videotron.ca>, Charles Lechasseur <bunsen...@yahoo.com> writes:
>I always thought that a Banished vampire that came back into play was
>considered an entirely new vampire as far as cards in play were concerned.

Banishment should be more consistent. That is, Banished vampires
"remember" everything, just like contested vampires do.

http://www.thelasombra.com/rules/RTR5-100.htm

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2

LSJ

non lue,
10 mars 2003, 07:36:2710/03/2003
Charles Lechasseur wrote:
> In article <3E6B290C...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Rob Treasure wrote:
>>
>>>What about if the tapped Toreador is Banished and brought back into play
>>>later? Does he still not untap as normal because of Grand Ball? Probably yes
>>>as card / effect is still in play?
>>
>>Yes. Also if he is contested and the other copy is yielded.
>
> What if the second Toreador is Banished and its controller then brings
> *another* copy of that Toreador into play?

OK. A different card is certainly a different vampire.

> I always thought that a Banished vampire that came back into play was
> considered an entirely new vampire as far as cards in play were concerned.

No.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=390D7B45.E9EFBD81%40white-wolf.com

> Of course the master and minion cards placed ON the vampire will stay with
> him/her (as per card text on Banishment), but how can other cards in play
> keep the connection?

The same way they keep the connection through contesting.

> is this true of all cards in play? for example:

Yes.

> Contract, The Rack? do they still apply when the Banished vampire come
> back into play?

Yes.

Kulaid

non lue,
10 mars 2003, 13:43:1610/03/2003

From what I understand, it target's the card itself... Rather then the
vampire... Rack is assigned to the card, not the vampire... If you
make a prince of new york out of Raven... And raven is burnt, and
another raven was brought back into play, the new raven isn't a
prince... Cards target a particular vampire card, rather then all
copies of the same vampire...

You know... I just wanna see toreador with fortitude/Force of will
bleeding... You know, daring the dawn it + aire it, and unblockable
rescue... Annabelle Triabell is the first toreador... Put a foritude
skill card on her... Takes an actions to give all toreadors +1 bleed...
Untaps, hunts/call a vote... Force of will bleeds, back up with daring
the dawn just incase they block... Freak drives in torpor... And then
rapid heal herself out... =D Foritude skill card can go on the second
toreador just to get him burnt as well... minion tap that vampire to
1... then force of will bleed... =D

0 nouveau message