Bloodlines Questions...already!

6 vues

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
2 déc. 2001, 10:46:0602/12/2001
Poker
Melee weapon. Cold iron,
Strength +1 damage each strike. If all of the damange done by this strike
is prevented by a card or cards that require Fortitude, burn this weapon
after strike resolution.

Does that mean that all the damage is prevented by a card, like leather
jacket OR fortitude like skin of steel?
Or what about flak jacket, prevent 1. Skin of rock inferior prevent the
other.
Is the card supposed to only burn when all damage is prevented by fortitude?

One of the rare True Brujah...wait they are all rare, that is why I couldn't
use all those common temporis cards...anyway, one of them has a change
target like ability. When he uses that ability is he bound by the NRA
rule(in a tournament of course) since the action was cancelled? I think no
because he was blocked, so the action resolved..unlike direct intervention.

Also, if you toss ancient influence as a vote push, does that count as being
played?(ie can you still call it later?)
--
Aaron
The Nosferatu Stuff

Roger Carhult

non lue,
2 déc. 2001, 10:53:0302/12/2001

> Poker
> Melee weapon. Cold iron,
> Strength +1 damage each strike. If all of the damange done by this strike
> is prevented by a card or cards that require Fortitude, burn this weapon
> after strike resolution.
>
> Does that mean that all the damage is prevented by a card, like leather
> jacket OR fortitude like skin of steel?
> Or what about flak jacket, prevent 1. Skin of rock inferior prevent the
> other.
> Is the card supposed to only burn when all damage is prevented by
fortitude?

Yes, card text.

> One of the rare True Brujah...wait they are all rare, that is why I
couldn't
> use all those common temporis cards...anyway, one of them has a change
> target like ability. When he uses that ability is he bound by the NRA
> rule(in a tournament of course) since the action was cancelled? I think
no
> because he was blocked, so the action resolved..unlike direct
intervention.

You mean you think 'yes', don't you? Else the referral to DI is incorrect.
Anyway, if action is cancelled he shouldn't suffer from the NRA rule I
think...?

> Also, if you toss ancient influence as a vote push, does that count as
being
> played?(ie can you still call it later?)

Yes it has still be played and that's what counts (doesn't say it has to be
successfully called).

Roger

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
2 déc. 2001, 11:24:2102/12/2001
"Roger Carhult" <rogc...@student.luth.se> wrote in message

> > Poker
> > Melee weapon. Cold iron,
> > Strength +1 damage each strike. If all of the damange done by this
strike
> > is prevented by a card or cards that require Fortitude, burn this weapon
> > after strike resolution.
> >
> > Does that mean that all the damage is prevented by a card, like leather
> > jacket OR fortitude like skin of steel?
> > Or what about flak jacket, prevent 1. Skin of rock inferior prevent the
> > other.
> > Is the card supposed to only burn when all damage is prevented by
> fortitude?
>
> Yes, card text.
>
> > One of the rare True Brujah...wait they are all rare, that is why I
> couldn't
> > use all those common temporis cards...anyway, one of them has a change
> > target like ability. When he uses that ability is he bound by the NRA
> > rule(in a tournament of course) since the action was cancelled? I think
> no
> > because he was blocked, so the action resolved..unlike direct
> intervention.
>
> You mean you think 'yes', don't you? Else the referral to DI is incorrect.
> Anyway, if action is cancelled he shouldn't suffer from the NRA rule I
> think...?

oops, you are right. You know what I ment! =)

> > Also, if you toss ancient influence as a vote push, does that count as
> being
> > played?(ie can you still call it later?)
>
> Yes it has still be played and that's what counts (doesn't say it has to
be
> successfully called).

Forgot one:

Madrigal
This card is listed as an action modifier/reaction.
Only usable before votes are cast.
pre: Only usable by a reacting vampire, gain 2 votes
mel: Gain 2 votes
MEL: As mel above, and any vampire voting in agreement with this vampire
gains 1 blood from the blood bank. Any vampire voting in opposition to this
vampire burns 1 blood. Blood is gained or lost when the results are
tallied.

Does this mean that both mel and MEL are usable as EITHER an action modifier
or a reaction? And only the pre power is limited to reactions? Since they
don't specify one or the other and the card type is both?

Orpheus

non lue,
2 déc. 2001, 12:10:2602/12/2001

By card text, it should be as mel, so no limitation to reactions.

Orpheus

LSJ

non lue,
2 déc. 2001, 13:40:3002/12/2001
Roger Carhult wrote:
> > Poker

> > Strength +1 damage each strike. If all of the damange done by this strike
> > is prevented by a card or cards that require Fortitude, burn this weapon
> > after strike resolution.
> > Is the card supposed to only burn when all damage is prevented by fortitude?
> Yes, card text.

Correct.

> > One of the rare True Brujah...wait they are all rare, that is why I couldn't
> > use all those common temporis cards...anyway, one of them has a change
> > target like ability. When he uses that ability is he bound by the NRA
> > rule(in a tournament of course) since the action was cancelled? I think no
> > because he was blocked, so the action resolved..unlike direct intervention.
>
> You mean you think 'yes', don't you? Else the referral to DI is incorrect.
> Anyway, if action is cancelled he shouldn't suffer from the NRA rule I
> think...?

Krassimir.
The action resolved (was blocked) => NRA kicks in.

> > Also, if you toss ancient influence as a vote push, does that count as being
> > played?(ie can you still call it later?)
>
> Yes it has still be played and that's what counts (doesn't say it has to be
> successfully called).

No. You don't "play" a PA card to gain a vote - you "burn" it.
Similarly, discarding Ancient Influence during your discard phase wouldn;'t
count, either.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ

non lue,
2 déc. 2001, 13:41:4102/12/2001
The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:
[Huge useless quote snipped - please edit your follow-ups]

> Forgot one:
>
> Madrigal
> This card is listed as an action modifier/reaction.
> Only usable before votes are cast.
> pre: Only usable by a reacting vampire, gain 2 votes
> mel: Gain 2 votes
> MEL: As mel above, and any vampire voting in agreement with this vampire
> gains 1 blood from the blood bank. Any vampire voting in opposition to this
> vampire burns 1 blood. Blood is gained or lost when the results are
> tallied.
>
> Does this mean that both mel and MEL are usable as EITHER an action modifier
> or a reaction? And only the pre power is limited to reactions? Since they
> don't specify one or the other and the card type is both?

Yes. (card text)

Roger Carhult

non lue,
2 déc. 2001, 17:44:1602/12/2001
> > Yes it has still be played and that's what counts (doesn't say it has to
be
> > successfully called).
>
> No. You don't "play" a PA card to gain a vote - you "burn" it.
> Similarly, discarding Ancient Influence during your discard phase
wouldn;'t
> count, either.

oops I misunderstood 'vote push',now I see what he meant by it.

0 nouveau message