[LSJ] Form of Mist / Anathema question

19 vues

nutk...@removethis.yahoo.andthis.com

non lue,
22 nov. 2003, 13:00:2022/11/2003
Need a ruling on this since we couldn't find anything on the newsgroups
regarding this.

Stanislava has 1 blood and has Anathema on her. Attemps to play a
Restoration. She is blocked (damn that Maris Strek) and combat proceeds.
Stanislava plays Form of Mist at superior and wants to continue the
action. Question is, is the blood burned during combat (which then
triggers then anathema) or does combat end first and then she decides to
pay a blood for the action to continue with +1 stealth?

Card text listed below.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Form of Mist
Combat
Protean
[pro] Strike: dodge
[PRO] Strike: combat ends. If this vampire is acting, he or she may burn 1
blood to continue the action at +1 stealth as if unblocked (this action
can still be blocked). A vampire may play only 1 Form of Mist at superior
each action.

Anathema
Political Action
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any prince or justicar at +1
stealth.
Choose a ready vampire. If the referendum is successful, put this card on
that vampire. If the vampire with this card is reduced to zero blood in
combat, he or she is burned, and the Methuselah controlling the opposing
minion gains pool equal to the burned vampire's capacity.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
22 nov. 2003, 16:35:4722/11/2003
>Need a ruling on this since we couldn't find anything on the newsgroups
>regarding this.

Yeah we recently came upon this during an IRC game.

>Stanislava has 1 blood and has Anathema on her. Attemps to play a
>Restoration. She is blocked (damn that Maris Strek) and combat proceeds.
>Stanislava plays Form of Mist at superior and wants to continue the
>action. Question is, is the blood burned during combat (which then
>triggers then anathema) or does combat end first and then she decides to
>pay a blood for the action to continue with +1 stealth?

I think the reason we couldn't find anything on the newsgroup is because, as
far as I can tell, it's a relatively new issue as a result of the change in
card text in Anarchs.

In addition, the answer to this question would also apply to the case of
Telepathic Tracking. Is the blood burned for Form of Mist before or after the
window for playing Telepathic Tracking? If the former, then if the acting
minion chooses to continue the action then the opposing minion can respond with
a TT. But if the blood is burned after, then by the time the action continues,
combat is over and thus one cannot play TT anymore.

Halcyan 2

Timlagor

non lue,
22 nov. 2003, 20:06:4922/11/2003
Halcyan 2 expounded:

I'm pretty sure that the blood to continue happens after CE so TT
interupts it and Anathema doesn't trigger.

LSJ

non lue,
23 nov. 2003, 11:14:2423/11/2003
nutk...@removethis.yahoo.andthis.com wrote:
> Need a ruling on this since we couldn't find anything on the newsgroups
> regarding this.
>
> Stanislava has 1 blood and has Anathema on her. Attemps to play a
> Restoration. She is blocked (damn that Maris Strek) and combat proceeds.
> Stanislava plays Form of Mist at superior and wants to continue the
> action. Question is, is the blood burned during combat (which then
> triggers then anathema) or does combat end first and then she decides to
> pay a blood for the action to continue with +1 stealth?

The latter.

> Card text listed below.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Jeff
>

> Form of Mist
> Combat
> Protean
> [pro] Strike: dodge
> [PRO] Strike: combat ends. If this vampire is acting, he or she may burn 1
> blood to continue the action at +1 stealth as if unblocked (this action
> can still be blocked). A vampire may play only 1 Form of Mist at superior
> each action.
>
> Anathema
> Political Action
> Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any prince or justicar at +1
> stealth.
> Choose a ready vampire. If the referendum is successful, put this card on
> that vampire. If the vampire with this card is reduced to zero blood in
> combat, he or she is burned, and the Methuselah controlling the opposing
> minion gains pool equal to the burned vampire's capacity.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Albert Chang

non lue,
23 nov. 2003, 15:30:3323/11/2003
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> nutk...@removethis.yahoo.andthis.com wrote:
> > Need a ruling on this since we couldn't find anything on the newsgroups
> > regarding this.
> >
> > Stanislava has 1 blood and has Anathema on her. Attemps to play a
> > Restoration. She is blocked (damn that Maris Strek) and combat proceeds.
> > Stanislava plays Form of Mist at superior and wants to continue the
> > action. Question is, is the blood burned during combat (which then
> > triggers then anathema) or does combat end first and then she decides to
> > pay a blood for the action to continue with +1 stealth?
>
> The latter.

Hrm...now I have a question about Telepathic Tracking and Rotschreck
interacting with Form of Mist. Because both of these take effect before
combat ends (card text on telepathic tracking says play when combat "is
about to end" and card text on rotschreck states "attempts to inflict
aggravated damage," implying that combat hasn't ended) does that mean that
if a minion A plays Form of Mist, and the minion B uses TT or Rotschreck,
that minion A never has the opportunity to burn the blood to continue the
action?

Timlagor

non lue,
23 nov. 2003, 17:58:2023/11/2003
Albert Chang expounded:

> Hrm...now I have a question about Telepathic Tracking and Rotschreck
> interacting with Form of Mist. Because both of these take effect before
> combat ends (card text on telepathic tracking says play when combat "is
> about to end" and card text on rotschreck states "attempts to inflict
> aggravated damage," implying that combat hasn't ended) does that mean that
> if a minion A plays Form of Mist, and the minion B uses TT or Rotschreck,
> that minion A never has the opportunity to burn the blood to continue the
> action?

Correct (I hope ;)

TT: combat hasn't ended.
Rot: vampire is not ready and so the action ends. Conceivably you might
be able to burn the blood and then go to torpor without continuing the
action but even in a turbo deck i can't see it happening.

LSJ

non lue,
24 nov. 2003, 07:41:2824/11/2003
Timlagor wrote:
> Albert Chang expounded:
>
>>Hrm...now I have a question about Telepathic Tracking and Rotschreck
>>interacting with Form of Mist. Because both of these take effect before
>>combat ends (card text on telepathic tracking says play when combat "is
>>about to end" and card text on rotschreck states "attempts to inflict
>>aggravated damage," implying that combat hasn't ended) does that mean that
>>if a minion A plays Form of Mist, and the minion B uses TT or Rotschreck,
>>that minion A never has the opportunity to burn the blood to continue the
>>action?
>
> Correct (I hope ;)

Correct.

> TT: combat hasn't ended.
> Rot: vampire is not ready and so the action ends. Conceivably you might
> be able to burn the blood and then go to torpor without continuing the
> action but even in a turbo deck i can't see it happening.

With Rotschreck, the FoM strike never resolves at all.

0 nouveau message