questions

4 vues

Cartman

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 18:33:4630/12/2001
1)Regenerative Blood:
Unique Master. Put this card on a Samedi you control. The Samedi with this
card can heal 2 damage for each blood counter he or she burns. Burn option.

How does it exactly work? In combat only?

2)If I use Sanguine Instruction on Ian Forestal (after having correctly clan
impersonated him), does he gain the sup. version of the chosen discipline
(since Sang. Instr. is not a Master Discipline card)

3)If I play Extortion on my pred. and then I'm ousted, does it remain in
play?

4)If there is a ready Leandro on the table and I don't pay the pool to get
my influence phase, do my inferior played Choir cards remain in play?

5)Echo of Harmonies: has the vamp. using it to respect the political card
requirements (e.g. can I play a Parity Shift with a Daughter of Cacophony?)

Thanx

Cartman

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 18:43:4830/12/2001

and 6) Can Rock Cat play pot card as a vamp of capacity 4 (and not 3 as
written)?

> Thanx

The Lasombra

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 18:55:1530/12/2001
"Cartman" <federi...@libero.it> wrote in message

> > 1)Regenerative Blood:
> > Unique Master. Put this card on a Samedi you control. The Samedi with this
> > card can heal 2 damage for each blood counter he or she burns. Burn
> > option.
> > How does it exactly work? In combat only?

Instead of burning two blood to heal two damage, The Samedi with
Regenerative Blood burns one blood counter. Damage can only
be healed in combat.

> > 2)If I use Sanguine Instruction on Ian Forestal (after having correctly
> > clan impersonated him), does he gain the sup. version of the chosen
> > discipline (since Sang. Instr. is not a Master Discipline card)

He will only have the inferior/basic version of the Discipline.
Card Text.

> > 3)If I play Extortion on my pred. and then I'm ousted, does it remain in
> > play?

No.
It is a minion card played on a minion. It is controlled by the controller
of the minion, not by the person who played it.

> > 4)If there is a ready Leandro on the table and I don't pay the pool to get
> > my influence phase, do my inferior played Choir cards remain in play?

No.
You only lose your ability to transfer during the influence phase, you
do not skip or lose the influence phase itself.

> > 5)Echo of Harmonies: has the vamp. using it to respect the political card
> > requirements (e.g. can I play a Parity Shift with a Daughter of
> > Cacophony?)

The vampire playing Echo of Harmonies has to be able to meet the requirements
to call the vote for it to be of any use to you. You can cycle the
Echo of Harmonies, but if the Daughter is not a Prince, you will not be
able to play the Parity Shift you put on her.

> > 6) Can Rock Cat play pot card as a vamp of capacity 4 (and not 3 as
> > written)?

Card text is correct.
A Rock Cat may play potence cards as a vampire of capacity 3.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Passenger Pigeon

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 19:07:2430/12/2001
In article <uvNX7.8555$s04.3...@news.infostrada.it>, "Cartman"
<federi...@libero.it> wrote:

> 1)Regenerative Blood:
> Unique Master. Put this card on a Samedi you control. The Samedi with
> this
> card can heal 2 damage for each blood counter he or she burns. Burn
> option.
>
> How does it exactly work? In combat only?

Whenever a vampire takes damage and does not prevent it, he needs to
heal it by spending blood; otherwise, he goes to torpor. Normally each
point of damage costs 1 blood to heal; with this card, though, 1 blood
heals 2 damage.

Example: Reg takes 1 damage from a superior Weather Control. He pays 1
blood. He then gets hit by a Thrown Sewer Lid, and pays 2 (1.5 rounded
up). The opponent presses, and Reg takes two damage from the Weather
Control, but still pays 1.

> 5)Echo of Harmonies: has the vamp. using it to respect the political card
> requirements (e.g. can I play a Parity Shift with a Daughter of
> Cacophony?)

This was errataed. No. You can dump a Parity Shift onto a Daughter,
but she won't be able to take the action to call it until she meets the
requirement to call it.

--
http://www.passengerpigeon.net

Halcyan 2

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 19:13:1430/12/2001
>> 5)Echo of Harmonies: has the vamp. using it to respect the political card
>> requirements (e.g. can I play a Parity Shift with a Daughter of
>> Cacophony?)
>
>This was errataed. No. You can dump a Parity Shift onto a Daughter,
>but she won't be able to take the action to call it until she meets the
>requirement to call it.

Not to get too nit-picky, but it wasn't errata. It was a ruling.

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 20:37:2030/12/2001
The Lasombra wrote:

> "Cartman" <federi...@libero.it> wrote in message
>
> > > 1)Regenerative Blood:
> > > Unique Master. Put this card on a Samedi you control. The Samedi with this
> > > card can heal 2 damage for each blood counter he or she burns. Burn
> > > option.
> > > How does it exactly work? In combat only?
>
> Instead of burning two blood to heal two damage, The Samedi with
> Regenerative Blood burns one blood counter.

Correct.
1 damage - 1 blood to heal.
2 damage - 1 blood to heal.
3 damage - 2 blood to heal (1 to heal the first two and 1 for the remaining)
4 damage - 2 blood to heal.

and so on.

> Damage can only
> be healed in combat.

Not true. It can only be prevented in combat, but it can (and must) be healed
any time it is inflicted. The damage from Talbot's Chainsaw, for example, must
be healed when inflicted.

> > > 2)If I use Sanguine Instruction on Ian Forestal (after having correctly
> > > clan impersonated him), does he gain the sup. version of the chosen
> > > discipline (since Sang. Instr. is not a Master Discipline card)
>
> He will only have the inferior/basic version of the Discipline.
> Card Text.

Correct.

> > > 3)If I play Extortion on my pred. and then I'm ousted, does it remain in
> > > play?
>
> No.
> It is a minion card played on a minion. It is controlled by the controller
> of the minion, not by the person who played it.

It stays. It is either on the predator's minion (normal) or is explicitly under
the control of the predator (superior). So it is not under your control and doesn't
burn when you're ousted.

> > > 4)If there is a ready Leandro on the table and I don't pay the pool to get
> > > my influence phase, do my inferior played Choir cards remain in play?
>
> No.
> You only lose your ability to transfer during the influence phase, you
> do not skip or lose the influence phase itself.

Correct.
The phases of a given turn are never skipped (although entire turns may be
skipped with, e.g., First Tradition).

> > > 5)Echo of Harmonies: has the vamp. using it to respect the political card
> > > requirements (e.g. can I play a Parity Shift with a Daughter of
> > > Cacophony?)
>
> The vampire playing Echo of Harmonies has to be able to meet the requirements
> to call the vote for it to be of any use to you. You can cycle the
> Echo of Harmonies, but if the Daughter is not a Prince, you will not be
> able to play the Parity Shift you put on her.

Correct.

> > > 6) Can Rock Cat play pot card as a vamp of capacity 4 (and not 3 as
> > > written)?
>
> Card text is correct.
> A Rock Cat may play potence cards as a vampire of capacity 3.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

James Coupe

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 20:32:3230/12/2001
In message <41b146d6ee33a5b13d0...@mygate.mailgate.org>,

The Lasombra <thela...@hotmail.com> writes:
>> > How does it exactly work? In combat only?
>
>Instead of burning two blood to heal two damage, The Samedi with
>Regenerative Blood burns one blood counter. Damage can only
>be healed in combat.

Why? Surely if damage outside of combat cannot be healed, this would
lead to a vampire being wounded from one point of Cryptic Mission?

--
James Coupe "I think Christmas has lost it's meaning...
PGP 0x5D623D5D we're all too busy wrapped up in the commercial aspects

LSJ

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 20:45:1230/12/2001
James Coupe wrote:

> >Instead of burning two blood to heal two damage, The Samedi with
> >Regenerative Blood burns one blood counter. Damage can only
> >be healed in combat.
>
> Why? Surely if damage outside of combat cannot be healed, this would
> lead to a vampire being wounded from one point of Cryptic Mission?

Nit pick: Cryptic Mission doesn't deal damage to vampies.

GreySeer

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 21:20:0230/12/2001

Such cheek! I only bothered to say that before because it was in the rules
which meant that it applied to any similar case rather than the individual
case of that card :P

Halcyan 2

non lue,
30 déc. 2001, 22:55:2230/12/2001
>> >This was errataed. No. You can dump a Parity Shift onto a Daughter,
>> >but she won't be able to take the action to call it until she meets the
>> >requirement to call it.
>>
>> Not to get too nit-picky, but it wasn't errata. It was a ruling.
>
> Such cheek! I only bothered to say that before because it was in the rules
>which meant that it applied to any similar case rather than the individual
>case of that card :P

=)

I only mentioned it because "errata" is one of those terms that is thrown
around too much without people fully understanding what it is (just like with
"collusion"). It often leads to people complaining of "why Jyhad cards have so
much errata" when most of the cases are just clarifications or rulings. Hence I
usually try to correct people when they seemingly misuse "errata" or
"collusion." =)

Halcyan 2

GreySeer

non lue,
31 déc. 2001, 10:13:4231/12/2001
> > Such cheek! I only bothered to say that before because it was in the
rules
> >which meant that it applied to any similar case rather than the
individual
> >case of that card :P
>
> =)
>
> I only mentioned it because "errata" is one of those terms that is thrown
> around too much without people fully understanding what it is (just like
with
> "collusion"). It often leads to people complaining of "why Jyhad cards
have so
> much errata" when most of the cases are just clarifications or rulings.
Hence I
> usually try to correct people when they seemingly misuse "errata" or
> "collusion." =)

So you were having a dig at me *and* making a point! Geez, I don't know,
some people.... :)

0 nouveau message