Q: LSJ. Psyche! vs Fast Reaction

SteveHarris

Dec 18, 2009, 10:04:44 AM12/18/09
Meth 1 controls Vamp A. Meth 2 controls Vamp B and Vamp C.

Vamp B blocks Vamp A's action. Vamp B plays S:CE of some kind. Vamp
A then plays Psyche! to restart combat. I believe that Vamp C does
not get an opportunity to play Fast Reaction at this point.

Let's say the second combat proceeds the same and Vamp B ends combat
with a strike. There is no further Psyche from Vamp B.

Can Vamp C now play Fast Reaction?

Psyche!
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Celerity
[cel] Press.
[CEL] Only usable at the end of combat when both combatants are still
ready. Begin another combat with the opposing minion.

Fast Reaction
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex
Only usable after a combat between a blocking minion you control other
than this vampire and the acting minion.
[aus] Tap this vampire. This vampire enters combat with the acting
minion. The first round of this new combat, the acting minion cannot
strike.
[AUS] As above, with an optional press.

LSJ

Dec 18, 2009, 10:21:26 AM12/18/09
On 12/18/09 10:04 , SteveHarris wrote:
> Meth 1 controls Vamp A. Meth 2 controls Vamp B and Vamp C.
>
> Vamp B blocks Vamp A's action. Vamp B plays S:CE of some kind. Vamp
> A then plays Psyche! to restart combat. I believe that Vamp C does
> not get an opportunity to play Fast Reaction at this point.

Correct.

> Let's say the second combat proceeds the same and Vamp B ends combat
> with a strike. There is no further Psyche from Vamp B.
>
> Can Vamp C now play Fast Reaction?

Yes. A is still the acting minion, B is still the blocking minion, and they have
just completed combat.

Blooded Sand

Dec 18, 2009, 8:26:36 PM12/18/09
On Dec 18, 4:21 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On 12/18/09 10:04 , SteveHarris wrote:
>
> > Meth 1 controls Vamp A.  Meth 2 controls Vamp B and Vamp C.
Lets say meth 1 controls A and D

> > Vamp B blocks Vamp A's action.  Vamp B plays S:CE of some kind.  Vamp
> > A then plays Psyche! to restart combat.  I believe that Vamp C does
> > not get an opportunity to play Fast Reaction at this point.
>
> Correct.
>
> > Let's say the second combat proceeds the same and Vamp B ends combat
> > with a strike.  There is no further Psyche from Vamp B.

Vamp D now plays Hidden lurker.

LSJ

Dec 18, 2009, 8:27:11 PM12/18/09

No. D is not the acting minion.