The Eternal Mask

Screaming Vermillian

Oct 3, 2007, 5:26:57 PM10/3/07
Whoah.

Burn a vampire. Any vampire. Somehow. (Antedeleuvian Awakening,
Millicent Smith, etc...). Even your own works. We will call this
vampire A.

Use another vampire (one with SER, we shall call it Vampire SER). The
Eternal Mask. Give Vampire A all of Vampire SER's blood. Sack Vampire
SER with Kohbor Tower, gain pool. You've still got Vampire A with
blood. Have it get SER (or maybe it already had it), to do The Eternal
Mask on Vampire SER. Have Vampire SER gain all of your blood. Burn
Vampire A with Khabor Towers again next turn, rinse repeat.

Toss in Heidelburg Castle to have them swap equipment and stuff too.
Toss in a Book of Going Forth in the Night to be able to do this swap/
gain pool trick with any two vampires.

Wow.

Thoughts?

witness1

Oct 3, 2007, 5:30:57 PM10/3/07
On Oct 3, 5:26 pm, Screaming Vermillian <alexandernja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Khobar Towers removes the target minion from the game. Nice thought
though.

witness1

John P.

Oct 3, 2007, 5:41:31 PM10/3/07

Its still an interesting idea. A pud with ser and an Agent of power
eternal masks for a large vampire. The discussion in the "Spell of
Life" thread was that if you khobar the large vampire, the pud is
screwed for the rest of the game due to the target vamp being removed
from the game/burned. If you khobar the pud (or perhaps a non-pud is
a better choice.. hmmm) the other minion would remain in play while
you
recoup the cost of the pud.

John P

Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex)

Oct 3, 2007, 6:11:14 PM10/3/07
Hi!!

you can do it using a couple of caitiff, the book, heidelburg and Al-
Muntaquim, The Avenger.

each caitiff mask the other, burning the stucked caitiff to the
avenger after passing the book with heidelburg. upgrade OBF to the
avenger to mask the caitiffs and you can get +n bleed OBF minion in n/
2 turns ;)

Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex)

niko...@hotmail.com

Oct 4, 2007, 9:39:36 AM10/4/07

What I was planning was to use two of the new settites with fortitude.
I think I looked at a 9 cap and a 7 cap. Get one of them burned with
daring the dawn, bleed with the other, freak drive, eternal mask with
daring the dawn, transfer the blood and burn. The new one (with blood)
bleeds, freak drives, eternal mask, daring the dawn.
Rinse repeat.
I assume that would work, and it would be a nice turbo deck where you
avoid the long setup and the vulnerability of a mono vampire deck.

Comments?
(I am just waiting for an updated ELDB version to make this deck and
post it).

Screaming Vermillian

Oct 4, 2007, 1:31:56 PM10/4/07
> witness1- Hide quoted text -

Horray! The games not as broke as I was hoping it was going to be!!! :)

suolir...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2007, 4:09:02 PM10/4/07
> What I was planning was to use two of the new settites with fortitude.
> I think I looked at a 9 cap and a 7 cap. Get one of them burned with
> daring the dawn, bleed with the other, freak drive, eternal mask with
> daring the dawn, transfer the blood and burn. The new one (with blood)
> bleeds, freak drives, eternal mask, daring the dawn.
> Rinse repeat.
> I assume that would work, and it would be a nice turbo deck where you
> avoid the long setup and the vulnerability of a mono vampire deck.
>
> Comments?
> (I am just waiting for an updated ELDB version to make this deck and
> post it).

That's pretty awesome.You'll run out of blood after a while but that
can be fixed with some Sheepdogs. Heh, I guess there's a use for them
after all.

Daneel

Oct 6, 2007, 11:25:43 AM10/6/07
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 06:39:36 -0700, <niko...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What I was planning was to use two of the new settites with fortitude.
> I think I looked at a 9 cap and a 7 cap. Get one of them burned with
> daring the dawn, bleed with the other, freak drive, eternal mask with
> daring the dawn, transfer the blood and burn. The new one (with blood)
> bleeds, freak drives, eternal mask, daring the dawn.
> Rinse repeat.
> I assume that would work, and it would be a nice turbo deck where you
> avoid the long setup and the vulnerability of a mono vampire deck.
>
> Comments?
> (I am just waiting for an updated ELDB version to make this deck and
> post it).

I was thinking about doing a turbo-Saqqaf deck. His ability would be
awesome (gain 1 pool for the Mask), the only question mark is, whether
he burns soon enough to prevent the incoming copy of him from
recognising that he would be self-contesting and should instead choose
to burn. :)

--
Regards,

Daneel

Rehlow

Oct 7, 2007, 10:36:55 PM10/7/07

If your idea is get a Saqqaf in your ash heap and a Saqqaf in play,
and then in play Saqqaf plays Eternal Mask on ash heap Saqqaf and
Daring the Dawn to burn himself. You'd resolve Eternal Mask, bringing
Saqqaf into play while you still controlled Saqqaf. Since you cannot
self contest, incoming Saqqaf burns. Then, if in play Saqqaf is at
zero blood, the two agg from Daring the Dawn would burn him and you'd
have no Saqqaf in play.

You'd need a different vampire with SER and for and then you can
alternate back and forth getting each other out and burning. Add in a
Soul Gem to try for free vampires as you burn yourself for +2 fun.

Later,
~Rehlow

Salem

Oct 8, 2007, 5:14:41 AM10/8/07
Rehlow wrote:
> Daneel wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 06:39:36 -0700, <niko...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > What I was planning was to use two of the new settites with fortitude.
>> > I think I looked at a 9 cap and a 7 cap. Get one of them burned with
>> > daring the dawn, bleed with the other, freak drive, eternal mask with
>> > daring the dawn, transfer the blood and burn. The new one (with blood)
>> > bleeds, freak drives, eternal mask, daring the dawn.
>> > Rinse repeat.
>> > I assume that would work, and it would be a nice turbo deck where you
>> > avoid the long setup and the vulnerability of a mono vampire deck.
>> >
>> > Comments?
>> > (I am just waiting for an updated ELDB version to make this deck and
>> > post it).
>>
>> I was thinking about doing a turbo-Saqqaf deck. His ability would be
>> awesome (gain 1 pool for the Mask), the only question mark is, whether
>> he burns soon enough to prevent the incoming copy of him from
>> recognising that he would be self-contesting and should instead choose
>> to burn. :)
>
> If your idea is get a Saqqaf in your ash heap and a Saqqaf in play,
> and then in play Saqqaf plays Eternal Mask on ash heap Saqqaf and
> Daring the Dawn to burn himself. You'd resolve Eternal Mask, bringing
> Saqqaf into play while you still controlled Saqqaf. Since you cannot
> self contest, incoming Saqqaf burns.

Actually, you can't intentionally do something that would self-contest.
You wouldn't even be able to choose Saqqaf as the target of the action.

It's a little different during your influence phase, as it's not 'you'
bringing the new contesty vampire into play (which would burn), but
rather the end of the influence phase forcing any vampire of sufficient
blood to enter play. Which then falls under the 'accidental' self
contest rule, which is burn the incoming copy.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

leon.t...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2007, 9:08:15 AM10/8/07
On Oct 4, 7:26 am, Screaming Vermillian <alexandernja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Never mind Eternal Mask at super; have you seen what it does at
basic??? Bleed at +1 bleed at +1 stealth!! Holy crap!! Setite midcaps
make Waters of Weenies with basic ser who then bleed for 2 at
stealth?? Supported by Veil the Legions / Cloak the Gathering?? Get
someone with PRE to Dreamworld and you have really serious lunge power.

Killiam

Oct 8, 2007, 9:53:26 PM10/8/07
Although you can't use Saqqaf by himself for turbo-masking, he does
have some friends in group 2-3, including Nehsi, Nadima, and Petru
Sipos, all of whom have SER for+. Note that Petru is Ravnos -- there
may actually be a worthwhile use for Goodnight Sweet Prince.

I was stunned when I first saw this card, and I've put quite a bit of
thought into it. The turbo-mask trick is cool (in fact, I have
already built such a deck on paper) although I think there is even
greater potential. I won't give away my full grand design, but I'll
give you a hint: thanks to this card, it is now possible to play 4+
copies of Might of the Camarilla on your second turn, and end that
turn with multiple IC's in play. Of course, this would require
perfect seating, an excellent crypt draw, and a very good opening
hand. Think about it.

-Bill

chr...@comcen.com.au

Oct 9, 2007, 5:49:05 AM10/9/07

> I was stunned when I first saw this card, and I've put quite a bit of
> thought into it. The turbo-mask trick is cool (in fact, I have
> already built such a deck on paper) although I think there is even
> greater potential. I won't give away my full grand design, but I'll
> give you a hint: thanks to this card, it is now possible to play 4+
> copies of Might of the Camarilla on your second turn, and end that
> turn with multiple IC's in play. Of course, this would require
> perfect seating, an excellent crypt draw, and a very good opening
> hand. Think about it.

Ok I've thought about it and I don't get it. Might of the Camarilla
requries a Justicar or Inner Circle Member. The best I can manage is
to have four Justicars out at the end of the second turn:

Turn 1: Parthenon, Zillahs Valley
Bring out Victor Pelletier (burn 3 pool to make him a Justicar)
Bring out Reverend Djoser Jones (ser)
Other two vamps in crypt are Cock Robin and Jaroslav (both have for,
obf)

Turn 2: Serpentis on Djoser, Heidelberg Castle
Victor plays Might of the Camarilla, burns Cock Robin
Victor freaks
Victor equips with Book of Going Forth by Night
Victor freaks
Victor plays Eternal Mask, moves two to Cock Robin

Cock Robin plays Might of the Camarilla, burns Jaroslav
Cock Robin freaks
Cock Robin plays Clotho's Gift and puts Lucinde into the uncontrolled
region

Djoser plays Eternal Mask, moves two to Jaroslav

Jaroslav plays Might of the Camarilla, burns Lucinde
Jaroslav freaks

Heidelberg the book from Victor to Jaroslav

Jaroslav plays Eternal Mask, bringing out Lucinde

Four Justicars at the end of turn two.

Chris.

a-e

Oct 9, 2007, 6:40:53 AM10/9/07
On 9 loka, 12:49, chr...@comcen.com.au wrote:
> > I was stunned when I first saw this card, and I've put quite a bit of
> > thought into it. The turbo-mask trick is cool (in fact, I have
> > already built such a deck on paper) although I think there is even
> > greater potential. I won't give away my full grand design, but I'll
> > give you a hint: thanks to this card, it is now possible to play 4+
> > copies of Might of the Camarilla on your second turn, and end that
> > turn with multiple IC's in play. Of course, this would require
> > perfect seating, an excellent crypt draw, and a very good opening
> > hand. Think about it.
>
> Ok I've thought about it and I don't get it. Might of the Camarilla
> requries a Justicar or Inner Circle Member. The best I can manage is
> to have four Justicars out at the end of the second turn:
>
> Turn 1: Parthenon, Zillahs Valley
> Bring out Victor Pelletier (burn 3 pool to make him a Justicar)
> Bring out Reverend Djoser Jones (ser)
> Other two vamps in crypt are Cock Robin and Jaroslav (both have for,
> obf)

you can't play zillahs valley to Pelletier, he is only 5 cap

librarian

Oct 9, 2007, 1:46:11 PM10/9/07

You could always start with Mirembe Kabbada and make him a Gangrel Justicar.

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
http://stores.ebay.com/superfuncards/

Killiam

Oct 9, 2007, 2:56:12 PM10/9/07
On Oct 9, 3:49 am, chr...@comcen.com.au wrote:
> > I was stunned when I first saw this card, and I've put quite a bit of
> > thought into it. The turbo-masktrick is cool (in fact, I have

> > already built such a deck on paper) although I think there is even
> > greater potential. I won't give away my full grand design, but I'll
> > give you a hint: thanks to this card, it is now possible to play 4+
> > copies of Might of the Camarilla on your second turn, and end that
> > turn with multiple IC's in play. Of course, this would require
> > perfect seating, an excellent crypt draw, and a very good opening
> > hand. Think about it.
>
> Ok I've thought about it and I don't get it. Might of the Camarilla
> requries a Justicar or Inner Circle Member. The best I can manage is
> to have four Justicars out at the end of the second turn:
>
> Turn 1: Parthenon, Zillahs Valley
> Bring out Victor Pelletier (burn 3 pool to make him a Justicar)
> Bring out Reverend Djoser Jones (ser)
> Other two vamps in crypt are Cock Robin and Jaroslav (both have for,
> obf)
>
> Turn 2: Serpentis on Djoser, Heidelberg Castle
> Victor plays Might of the Camarilla, burns Cock Robin
> Victor freaks
> Victor equips with Book of Going Forth by Night
> Victor freaks
> Victor playsEternalMask, moves two to Cock Robin

> Cock Robin plays Might of the Camarilla, burns Jaroslav
> Cock Robin freaks
> Cock Robin plays Clotho's Gift and puts Lucinde into the uncontrolled
> region
>
> Djoser playsEternalMask, moves two to Jaroslav

> Jaroslav plays Might of the Camarilla, burns Lucinde
> Jaroslav freaks
>
> Heidelberg the book from Victor to Jaroslav
>
> Jaroslav playsEternalMask, bringing out Lucinde

> Four Justicars at the end of turn two.
>
> Chris.

I'll post the deck that can do this later when I have more time, but
here's how it goes:

Decrypt: Roland Loussarian (3 cap Vent, pre for) , Julius (Caitiff w/
ser), Gwendolyn and Stanislava, w/Ulugh Beg on the top of your crypt
(unbeknownst to you).

Turn 1: You go fourth. You bring out Roland and Julius.

Turn 2: You are lucky enough that your prey did not decrypt anyone on
his first turn, and no one else has brought out anyone with any
intercept ability (at least not that they can use against you). Also
presume that no one is holding a DI:

Roland gets Aaron's Feeding Razor. Roland Freaks. Roland (R)
bleeds. R Freaks. R hunt-Freak-hunt-Freak. Julius calls Ventrue
Justicar and names Roland; with the edge and Roland's vote, you have 3
in favor. It passes. Roland, who has not yet called a vote, calls
Might of the Camarilla; Gwendolyn is sent to the ash heap from your
uncontrolled region. Freak-hunt-Freak. R gets Lear Jet so that he
can cycle extra cards just by hunting and Freak Driving. Freak-hunt-
Freak and cycle. R gets Book of Going Forth by Night. Freak-hunt-
Freak-hunt-Freak and cycle. R Eternal Masks to bring out Gwendolyn
and is left with one blood, which he gives to her. Gwendolyn calls
MoC (#2) and voter caps it for some blood, as Stanislava hits your ash
heap. Freak Drive or Force March. She equips with ALL of Roland's
stuff. Freak Drive. Equip with Soul Gem. Freak-hunt-Freak-hunt-
Freak and cycle. She Eternal Masks (because she got the Book from R)
to bring out Stanislava while Daring the Dawn at lesser, and gives
Stani the few blood she has left, burning herself and bringing out
Ulugh Beg at full-cap w/the Soul Gem. Both Stanislava and Ulugh Beg
call MoC and Force March. Four MoC's have now been called. Ulugh Beg
gets a new copy of the Book (either straight up or by Magic of the
Smith -- note that Gwen also has thaum) and freaks, then does the Mask-
Daring trick to bring back Gwen, burning himself. You now have two
ready, untapped, fully functional ICs. It is still your second turn.

Note that the Mask that is pinning down Roland was targeting a version
of Gwen that burned earlier, so you can release him on your next turn
with no ill effects to any of your vamps. If some ruling is contrary
to this, that's fine; you can burn Gwen at some point to bring back
Ulugh Beg (or bring out Arika if she's in someone else's ash heap!)
If no one had brought out any minions from their uncontrolled yet, you
win, because you can call MoC once every turn with the help of a
Sargon Fragment.

Happy Hunting,
-Killiam

niko...@hotmail.com

Oct 9, 2007, 3:35:25 PM10/9/07

Ok, I am a big fan of turbo/crazy decks, but this seems more like a
mind experiment than an actual deck. I would love to be proven wrong
on this one though. :)
There are too many moving parts in this, and too many "if's". And if
you actually get this thing going, how will it be enough to kill more
than your first prey (or maybe not even that).
Either all your cards in the deck will be there to make the combo
start, in which case you dont have anything that can be used to oust
anyone later on.
Or you include cards that can help you oust later on (stealth, extra
bleed, votes etc. - I dont think eternal mask is enough extra bleed)
in which case they will clog your hand in the beginning and stop the
combo from starting. And even though Learjet is good, its not THAT
good.

I would love to see a decklist for it, but for now I must say that I
am a bit skeptical (which says a bit when it comes from me regarding a
weird deck design.. :D )

witness1

Oct 9, 2007, 3:37:18 PM10/9/07

Well, if your predator didn't bring out anyone with 7 transfers and 2
MPAs, grandpredator with 6 transfers and 2 MPAs, grandprey with 5
transfers and MPAs, and prey with 4 transfers 1 MPA, nobody has any
imbued in the crypt, and nobody's packing Effective Management, well
then I guess we can all just pack up and go home ;)

witness1

niko...@hotmail.com

Oct 9, 2007, 4:06:07 PM10/9/07

This is more along the line of what I would do.

Deck Name: Cybeles Eternal Mask
Created By: Nikolaj Wendt
there are rushers around you.
Cybele bleeds and plays Sense the Sin, untaps with a thousand lies,
great beast, untap with a thousand lies, completes great beast.
Great Beast gets FOR, DAI and SER, bleeds and plays sense the sin,
untaps with a thousand lies, eternal mask + daring the dawn and
transfers 6 blood to Cybele.
Block Denial and faceless to ensure people remain tapped for when the
Great Beast bleeds.
Rinse, repeat.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 19, Max: 40, Avg: 7.25)
5 Cybele ANI DAI OBF PRE SER THA10 Baali
1 Ankh-sen-Sutekh obf PRE SER 6 Followers of
Set
1 Ezekiel obf pot PRE SER 6 Followers of
Set
1 Halim Bey obf tha DOM SER 6 Followers of
Set
1 Zhenga obf pre SER 5 Followers of
Set
1 Allonzo Montoya ani aus OBF SER 6 Abomination
1 Charlie Tyne obf pro ser 4 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Sahira Siraj obf ser tha 4 Followers of
Set

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (4 cards)
3 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Opium Den

Action (16 cards)
8 Call the Great Beast
8 Eternal Mask, The

Action Modifier (48 cards)
2 Elder Impersonation
4 Faceless Night
2 Into Thin Air
8 Daring the Dawn
2 Lost in Crowds
24 Truth of a Thousand Lies
2 Veil the Legions
4 Psychomachia

Combat (8 cards)
8 Majesty

Ally (1 cards)
1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Equipment (5 cards)
1 Mokole Blood
4 Learjet

Combo (8 cards)
8 Sense the Sin

This deck was last saved at 10:02:45 PM on 10/9/2007

Havent worked the proportions of the cards 100% yet, but you get the
idea. It wont do crazy things in turn two, but will hopefully kill
your first prey 1-2 turns after you bring out Cybele.

Matthew T. Morgan

Oct 9, 2007, 5:21:58 PM10/9/07
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, niko...@hotmail.com wrote:

> This is more along the line of what I would do.
>
> Deck Name: Cybeles Eternal Mask
> Created By: Nikolaj Wendt
> there are rushers around you.
> Cybele bleeds and plays Sense the Sin, untaps with a thousand lies,
> great beast, untap with a thousand lies, completes great beast.
> Great Beast gets FOR, DAI and SER, bleeds and plays sense the sin,
> untaps with a thousand lies, eternal mask + daring the dawn and
> transfers 6 blood to Cybele.
> Block Denial and faceless to ensure people remain tapped for when the
> Great Beast bleeds.
> Rinse, repeat.

Nice idea, but maybe you'd be a little better off with Nergal? Then you
could cycle out a few Freak Drives if you get jammed on them. Saving on
blood is good in this deck because you don't need to empty your vampires
to burn. Remember, there's no need for your Baali to have Serpentis in
this deck. Truth of a Thousand Lies can be replaced with Freak Drive.
Any other reason to keep Cybele?

I don't really get Veil here, since you may only have one guy out.
Overall, seems like not really enough stealth to me, but YMMV. I probably
wouldn't run Into Thin Air since you want long combos. The DNR might hurt
too much.

> Combat (8 cards)
> 8 Majesty
>
> Ally (1 cards)
> 1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
>
> Equipment (5 cards)
> 1 Mokole Blood
> 4 Learjet

Mokole Blood isn't necessarily good here since only the Follower of Set
who has it can play the cards from it. Learjet doesn't seem so great
either, since it'll burn along with your vampire. Maybe Scrouging or
something for extra cycling.

> Combo (8 cards)
> 8 Sense the Sin

Overall, looks like fun. I may try my own (using Nergal of course).

Matt Morgan

niko...@hotmail.com

Oct 9, 2007, 6:16:46 PM10/9/07
On Oct 9, 11:21 pm, "Matthew T. Morgan" <farq...@io.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, nikol...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > This is more along the line of what I would do.
>
> > Deck Name: Cybeles Eternal Mask
> > Created By: Nikolaj Wendt
> > there are rushers around you.
> > Cybele bleeds and plays Sense the Sin, untaps with a thousand lies,
> > great beast, untap with a thousand lies, completes great beast.
> > Great Beast gets FOR, DAI and SER, bleeds and plays sense the sin,
> > untaps with a thousand lies, eternal mask + daring the dawn and
> > transfers 6 blood to Cybele.
> > Block Denial and faceless to ensure people remain tapped for when the
> > Great Beast bleeds.
> > Rinse, repeat.
>
> Nice idea, but maybe you'd be a little better off with Nergal? Then you
> could cycle out a few Freak Drives if you get jammed on them. Saving on
> blood is good in this deck because you don't need to empty your vampires
> to burn. Remember, there's no need for your Baali to have Serpentis in
> this deck. Truth of a Thousand Lies can be replaced with Freak Drive.
> Any other reason to keep Cybele?

Nope. I want to make it with Nergal instead as well. I just dont have
5. :)
Only reason is that Thousand Lies means that your weenie are also
potential threats bleeding for 3 whereas with freak drives, they will
only be there as "back-up maskers".. hehe

Unlike turbo decks with possession, most actions in this deck come
with the +1 stealth already, but if you sit next to an intercept deck
or two getting an extra +1 on all actions can be crucial. I included
them because I assume that it affects actions performed by "future"
minions as well (unlike Psychic Veil that doesnt, but the wording here
seems to target the actions and not the current minions). If thats not
the case, they should be swapped of course.

> > Combat (8 cards)
> > 8 Majesty
>
> > Ally (1 cards)
> > 1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
>
> > Equipment (5 cards)
> > 1 Mokole Blood
> > 4 Learjet
>
> Mokole Blood isn't necessarily good here since only the Follower of Set
> who has it can play the cards from it.

Its for when the combo doesnt work or for when it stops. It often
happens with turbo decks, and with this you can either recycle from
your ash heap or fish from your library.

>Learjet doesn't seem so great
> either, since it'll burn along with your vampire. Maybe Scrouging or
> something for extra cycling.

Scrounging only cycles 2 cards. If Cybele (or Nergal) gets a Learjet
first and then starts acting you are cycling 4-6 cards, depending on
whether you have to play stealth cards. I am willing to pay a pool for
that, especially in a very "if it works, then it doesnt matter how
much pool I have, and if it doesnt work, then it doesnt matter how
much pool I have" type of deck.. :)

> > Combo (8 cards)
> > 8 Sense the Sin
>
> Overall, looks like fun. I may try my own (using Nergal of course).

I would like to try that as well when I get some.

librarian

Oct 9, 2007, 6:29:28 PM10/9/07
niko...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 9, 11:21 pm, "Matthew T. Morgan" <farq...@io.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, nikol...@hotmail.com wrote:

>>> Action Modifier (48 cards)
>>> 2 Elder Impersonation
>>> 4 Faceless Night
>>> 2 Into Thin Air
>>> 8 Daring the Dawn
>>> 2 Lost in Crowds
>>> 24 Truth of a Thousand Lies
>>> 2 Veil the Legions
>>> 4 Psychomachia
>> I don't really get Veil here, since you may only have one guy out.
>> Overall, seems like not really enough stealth to me, but YMMV. I probably
>> wouldn't run Into Thin Air since you want long combos. The DNR might hurt
>> too much.
>
> Unlike turbo decks with possession, most actions in this deck come
> with the +1 stealth already, but if you sit next to an intercept deck
> or two getting an extra +1 on all actions can be crucial. I included
> them because I assume that it affects actions performed by "future"
> minions as well (unlike Psychic Veil that doesnt, but the wording here
> seems to target the actions and not the current minions). If thats not
> the case, they should be swapped of course.

\

Does Veil the Legions count for future minion actions for minions that
aren't even on the table yet when Veil is originally played?

LSJ

Oct 9, 2007, 7:25:17 PM10/9/07
librarian wrote:
> Does Veil the Legions count for future minion actions for minions that
> aren't even on the table yet when Veil is originally played?

Yes.

Killiam

Oct 9, 2007, 8:33:05 PM10/9/07
> > Freak-hunt-Freak and cycle. REternalMasks to bring out Gwendolyn

> > and is left with one blood, which he gives to her. Gwendolyn calls
> > MoC (#2) and voter caps it for some blood, as Stanislava hits your ash
> > heap. Freak Drive or Force March. She equips with ALL of Roland's
> > stuff. Freak Drive. Equip with Soul Gem. Freak-hunt-Freak-hunt-
> > Freak and cycle. SheEternalMasks (because she got the Book from R)

> > to bring out Stanislava while Daring the Dawn at lesser, and gives
> > Stani the few blood she has left, burning herself and bringing out
> > Ulugh Beg at full-cap w/the Soul Gem. Both Stanislava and Ulugh Beg
> > call MoC and Force March. Four MoC's have now been called. Ulugh Beg
> > gets a new copy of the Book (either straight up or by Magic of the
> > Smith -- note that Gwen also has thaum) and freaks, then does theMask-
> > Daring trick to bring back Gwen, burning himself. You now have two
> > ready, untapped, fully functional ICs. It is still your second turn.
>
> > Note that theMaskthat is pinning down Roland was targeting a version

> > of Gwen that burned earlier, so you can release him on your next turn
> > with no ill effects to any of your vamps. If some ruling is contrary
> > to this, that's fine; you can burn Gwen at some point to bring back
> > Ulugh Beg (or bring out Arika if she's in someone else's ash heap!)
> > If no one had brought out any minions from their uncontrolled yet, you
> > win, because you can call MoC once every turn with the help of a
> > Sargon Fragment.
>
> > Happy Hunting,
> > -Killiam
>
> Ok, I am a big fan of turbo/crazy decks, but this seems more like a
> mind experiment than an actual deck. I would love to be proven wrong
> on this one though. :)
> There are too many moving parts in this, and too many "if's". And if
> you actually get this thing going, how will it be enough to kill more
> than your first prey (or maybe not even that).
> Either all your cards in the deck will be there to make the combo
> start, in which case you dont have anything that can be used to oust
> anyone later on.
> Or you include cards that can help you oust later on (stealth, extra
> bleed, votes etc. - I dont thinketernalmaskis enough extra bleed)

> in which case they will clog your hand in the beginning and stop the
> combo from starting. And even though Learjet is good, its not THAT
> good.
>
> I would love to see a decklist for it, but for now I must say that I
> am a bit skeptical (which says a bit when it comes from me regarding a
> weird deck design.. :D )

First of all, I'd like to say that using the Great Beast in
conjunction with Eternal Mask is brilliant. Bravo.

Okay... so below, I've laid out a draft of the decklist I had
promised. Bear in mind that this deck exists mainly as proof of how,
using Eternal Mask (EM), a player can take a deck that will usually
suck and ruin the game for everyone if he gets lucky. The god-turn I
described in my previous post was little more than an example of how
Eternal Mask makes new things possible (e.g., multiple MoC's on turn
2). The deck below is capable of the god-turn as described, but its
design represents an extreme use of EM which hopefully could be
reproduced more moderately (but still powerfully) in the form of an
actually good deck. (I'm still thinking weenie justicars and MoC's,
though.)

The only chance this deck has of working is if it gets an awesome
crypt draw, has good seating, draws into an early Lear Jet and Feeding
Razor, and manages not to clog. It completely relies on the trick of
constant hunt-freak while equipped with the Jet in order to set up the
hand it needs. It it works, the library will be exhausted after just
a few turns. Here it is:

The Eternal Mask of Cheating

Crypt: 12
x1 Julius (ser qui), x1 Franciscus (aus)
x2 Rufina Soledad (for), x2 Roland Loussarian (for pre)
x2 Ulugh Beg (cel for pot AUS DOM THA, justicar)
x2 Gwendolyn (aus tha CEL FOR POT PRE, IC)
x2 Stanislava (ANI CEL DOM FOR PRO, IC, allies can't block her)

Library: 90

Masters: 4
x1 Agent of Power
x1 Spontaneous Power
x1 Smiling Jack, the Anarch
x1 Pentex Subversion

Actions: 8
x6 The Eternal Mask
x2 Magic of the Smith

Equipment, Allies: 17
x5 Lear Jet
x4 Aaron's Feeding Razor
x4 Book of Going Forth by Night
x1 Vial of Elder Vitae
x1 Soul Gem of Etrius
x1 Sargon Fragment
x1 Renegade Garou

Political Actions: 14
x5 Ventrue Justicar
x5 Might of the Camarilla
x1 Banishment
x1 Ancient Influence
x1 Reins of Power
x1 Protect Thine Own

Action Modifiers: 47
x37 Freak Drive
x4 Forced March
x4 Daring the Dawn
x2 Voter Captivation

That's it. The design was in part determined by the following
concerns:
-Gwen's the best IC, due to her ability to play superior Forced March,
Magic of the Smith and Voter Caps.
-Arika got cut to make room for Stanislava, whose special is awesome
vs. Imbued. (BTW, I seem to recall an early ruling post-NoR that
specifically mentioned that MoC does work on uncontrolled Imbued,
despite the fact that it reads 'vampire.' It had something to do with
not being able to tell that they're not vamps when you play it -- can
anyone confirm this?)
-Democritus didn't make it, despite having cel-for-PRE, due to
contestation issues w/Ventrue Justicar.
-Garou, PTO, Banishment->MoC, and Pentex are included to clean up
minions that make it out before the super turn. A more pure (and even
more stupid) version of the deck would exclude these for more Freak
Drives.
-Lots of Lear Jets are justifiable because you can use the first to
discard others as you play your deck (play an action -- double
replace, ditch an extra jet. Freak drive, double replace, ditch an
extra jet.) We (in my playgroup) learned this when experimenting with
Una decks.
-Eternal Masking from someone else's graveyard to contest their only
ready vamp should be an option. Daring the Dawn helps to facilitate
such a maneuver.

I know this deck is dumb, but the point is to showcase the most
extreme application of EM I can imagine. I hope you enjoyed.
Comments welcome.

-Bill Troxel
aka Killiam

The Lasombra

Oct 9, 2007, 9:49:39 PM10/9/07
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:33:05 -0700, Killiam
<william...@colorado.edu> wrote:

>(BTW, I seem to recall an early ruling post-NoR that
>specifically mentioned that MoC does work on uncontrolled Imbued,
>despite the fact that it reads 'vampire.' It had something to do with
>not being able to tell that they're not vamps when you play it -- can
>anyone confirm this?)

The following effects are not imbued-compatible:

Might of the Camarilla won't force a Methuselah to burn an
uncontrolled imbued.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Checklist_NightsOfReckoning

librarian

Oct 10, 2007, 1:17:58 AM10/10/07
Killiam wrote:

> The Eternal Mask of Cheating
>
> Crypt: 12
> x1 Julius (ser qui), x1 Franciscus (aus)
> x2 Rufina Soledad (for), x2 Roland Loussarian (for pre)
> x2 Ulugh Beg (cel for pot AUS DOM THA, justicar)
> x2 Gwendolyn (aus tha CEL FOR POT PRE, IC)
> x2 Stanislava (ANI CEL DOM FOR PRO, IC, allies can't block her)

I am notoriously bad at math, but something isn't adding up here.

I see only 9 vamps.

Akantes

Oct 10, 2007, 3:28:21 AM10/10/07
> aucti...@superfuncards.com

I see 12.

Crypt: 12
x1 Julius (ser qui),
x1 Franciscus (aus)
x2 Rufina Soledad (for),
x2 Roland Loussarian (for pre)
x2 Ulugh Beg (cel for pot AUS DOM THA, justicar)
x2 Gwendolyn (aus tha CEL FOR POT PRE, IC)
x2 Stanislava (ANI CEL DOM FOR PRO, IC, allies can't block her)

For more readable format.

librarian

Oct 10, 2007, 1:54:14 PM10/10/07

Blind, but still a super fun librarian. And still bad at math too.

cheers.

best-

Rehlow

Oct 10, 2007, 3:37:23 PM10/10/07
On Oct 9, 7:33 pm, Killiam <william.tro...@colorado.edu> wrote:

> I know this deck is dumb, but the point is to showcase the most
> extreme application of EM I can imagine. I hope you enjoyed.
> Comments welcome.
>
> -Bill Troxel
> aka Killiam

I enjoyed it. I see Eternal Mask as a variation on Possession. The +1
stealth and 1 blood vs 2 are nice additions. The ability to push blood
to the new vampire can be very useful at times. The locking down the
playing vampire is not much of an issue when played with Daring the
Dawn or just sticking around to get Khobar Tower'd. I'm not worried
about it being broken though, since Possession is not broken. Fun for
trick decks though.

Later,
~Rehlow

rain_cr...@hotmail.com

Oct 10, 2007, 5:11:06 PM10/10/07
On Oct 3, 2:26 pm, Screaming Vermillian <alexandernja...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thoughts?

One of the first things I thought of was a use for Petru Sipos!
Goodnights Sweet Prince, and he "could" eternal mask it, or whatnot

crap, but funny crap

Linard

Nov 3, 2007, 7:25:13 PM11/3/07
what exactly happens with my vampire (the one who plyed eternal mask)
if I want to burn the "new" (not the one with eternal mask) using the
khobar towers???

On 3 out, 18:41, "John P." <jtpat...@mts.net> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 4:30 pm, witness1 <jwnewqu...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 3, 5:26 pm, Screaming Vermillian <alexandernja...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:
>
> > > Whoah.
>
> > > Burn a vampire. Any vampire. Somehow. (Antedeleuvian Awakening,
> > > Millicent Smith, etc...). Even your own works. We will call this
> > > vampire A.
>
> > > Use another vampire (one with SER, we shall call it Vampire SER). The

> > >EternalMask. Give Vampire A all of Vampire SER's blood. Sack Vampire

> > > SER with Kohbor Tower, gain pool. You've still got Vampire A with
> > > blood. Have it get SER (or maybe it already had it), to do TheEternal

> > >Maskon Vampire SER. Have Vampire SER gain all of your blood. Burn

> > > Vampire A with Khabor Towers again next turn, rinse repeat.
>
> > > Toss in Heidelburg Castle to have them swap equipment and stuff too.
> > > Toss in a Book of Going Forth in the Night to be able to do this swap/
> > > gain pool trick with any two vampires.
>
> > > Wow.
>
> > > Thoughts?
>

> > Khobar Towers removes the target minion from the game. Nice thought
> > though.
>
> > witness1
>

> Its still an interesting idea. A pud with ser and an Agent of powereternalmasks for a large vampire. The discussion in the "Spell of
> Life" thread was that if you khobar the large vampire, the pud is
> screwed for the rest of the game due to the target vamp being removed
> from the game/burned. If you khobar the pud (or perhaps a non-pud is
> a better choice.. hmmm) the other minion would remain in play while
> you
> recoup the cost of the pud.
>
> John P

LSJ

Nov 3, 2007, 8:07:48 PM11/3/07
Linard wrote:
> what exactly happens with my vampire (the one who plyed eternal mask)
> if I want to burn the "new" (not the one with eternal mask) using the
> khobar towers???

The vampire who played The Eternal Mask remains, and he keeps the Eternal Mask.