Tension in the ranks questions (LSJ)

Stone

Feb 8, 2009, 7:31:44 AM2/8/09
Meths A and B are down to 1 pool. Their vampires have 1 blood and are in
combat, at close range. Tension in the Ranks is in play (Whenever a ready
minion is burned or sent to torpor, his or her controller burns 1 pool.).
Meth A is acting and preying on B.

1/ Both vampires strike with sup. Catatonic Fear (Cost: 1 blood. [pre]
Strike: combat ends. [PRE] As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing
minion once combat ends if the range is close.). Both vampires enter torpor.

Can A order the pool loss events, i.e. either :
-have B burn 1 pool (and be ousted, giving A 1VP+6 pool), then have A burn 1
pool (leaving A at 6 pool)
-or have A burn 1 pool (and be ousted, giving A's predator 1VP+6 pool), then
have B burn 1 pool (leaving A's predator with 2 VPs and 12 more pool).
I assume you can (actually, that you 'must', i.e. you cannot have A and B be
ousted simultaneously) and that this is true regardless of who controls the
Tension (i.e. Tension's effect triggers twice and resolves even if it's not
in play due to his controller being ousted).

2/ Both vampires strike for 2 damage, none prevent. Same questions, same
answers ? The only difference being when the damage is applied (after/during
combat), but I can't find any reason why there would be a difference, just
checking.

thanks
Stone

LSJ

Feb 8, 2009, 8:37:10 AM2/8/09
Stone wrote:
> Meths A and B are down to 1 pool. Their vampires have 1 blood and are in
> combat, at close range. Tension in the Ranks is in play (Whenever a ready
> minion is burned or sent to torpor, his or her controller burns 1 pool.).
> Meth A is acting and preying on B.
>
> 1/ Both vampires strike with sup. Catatonic Fear (Cost: 1 blood. [pre]
> Strike: combat ends. [PRE] As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing
> minion once combat ends if the range is close.). Both vampires enter torpor.
>
> Can A order the pool loss events, i.e. either :
> -have B burn 1 pool (and be ousted, giving A 1VP+6 pool), then have A burn 1
> pool (leaving A at 6 pool)
> -or have A burn 1 pool (and be ousted, giving A's predator 1VP+6 pool), then
> have B burn 1 pool (leaving A's predator with 2 VPs and 12 more pool).
> I assume you can (actually, that you 'must', i.e. you cannot have A and B be
> ousted simultaneously) and that this is true regardless of who controls the
> Tension (i.e. Tension's effect triggers twice and resolves even if it's not
> in play due to his controller being ousted).

Correct.

> 2/ Both vampires strike for 2 damage, none prevent. Same questions, same
> answers ? The only difference being when the damage is applied (after/during
> combat), but I can't find any reason why there would be a difference, just
> checking.

No difference.