[LSJ] Priscus vote to burn a Fee Stake

François

Oct 13, 2006, 8:00:23 AM10/13/06
Hello,

A referendum to burn a Fee Stake is called. Are Priscus
sub-referendum's votes affected by the clause "In that referendum,
non-anarch titles are worth 1 fewer votes", as in Free States Rant ?

Thank you,

François

LSJ

Oct 13, 2006, 8:15:30 AM10/13/06

No.

Defender of Ra

Oct 13, 2006, 12:17:32 PM10/13/06

Why did you rule this way LSJ? I don't exactly have a dog in this
fight, but I wanted to understand the logic since you made the
following ruling:

***

dhart...@san.rr.com (Dan Harting) wrote in message
> LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > James Coupe wrote:

> > > Gomi no Sensei <g...@best.com> writes

> > > This is correct, so far as I can tell.

> > Correct. The title "Priscus" is worth 1 vote in the Priscus
> > sub-referendum.
> > It is worth 1 less vote in that sub-referendum during the Free States
> > Rant.

> Just curious - I don't mean to be annoying:

> How many votes does Genevieve have during a Free States Rant?
> (0 of each?)

The title is worth 1 less. Nothing is said about the special ability.
So she has 1 in the main referendum (special ability), and zero in
the Prisci sub-referendum.

> How many votes does a Regent have during a Free States Rant?
> (3?)

Yes.

Kushiel

Oct 13, 2006, 12:36:23 PM10/13/06
Defender of Ra wrote:
> Why did you rule this way LSJ? I don't exactly have a dog in this
> fight, but I wanted to understand the logic since you made the
> following ruling [about Free States Rant]:

Free States Rant contains the special text needed to affect the prisci
sub-referendum. Fee Stakes don't.

John Eno

LSJ

Oct 13, 2006, 1:02:52 PM10/13/06