Brother's Blood & Aggravated Damage question

5 vues

John P.

non lue,
28 mars 2004, 01:59:4828/03/2004
Greetings

Situation:
I Control Terry and Barry (Both chicago blood brothers)
Terry gets himself into combat with some gangrel that hits
him for 1 aggravated damage.

As Terry does not have fortitude Barry wants to play
Brother's blood at inferior.

Card Text:"This vampire can burn his or her own blood to
heal or prevent destruction from damage taken by a member
of this circle in combat."

Question:
Is brother's blood unable to heal the aggravated damage (ie
Terry goes to torpor) due to aggravated damage being unhealable?

I assume that Brother's blood in no way allows the non-combat
blood brother (Barry) from using fortitude to prevent damage.

Thanks,
-JTP
Winnipeg

Halcyan 2

non lue,
28 mars 2004, 10:17:5328/03/2004
>Card Text:"This vampire can burn his or her own blood to
>heal or prevent destruction from damage taken by a member
>of this circle in combat."
>
>Question:
>Is brother's blood unable to heal the aggravated damage (ie
>Terry goes to torpor) due to aggravated damage being unhealable?

Brother's Blood cannot heal aggravated damage (b/c by definition it is not
healable). If your vampire receives enough agg damage to burn him, Brother's
Blood could be used to prevent him from being destroyed (but the remainder
would still be taken, leaving him empty and in torpor).

>I assume that Brother's blood in no way allows the non-combat
>blood brother (Barry) from using fortitude to prevent damage.

Correct. You'd need something else, like Martyr's Resilience, to do that.

Halcyan 2

Marc Gabriele

non lue,
28 mars 2004, 12:59:0228/03/2004
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Halcyan 2 wrote:

> Brother's Blood cannot heal aggravated damage (b/c by definition it is not
> healable). If your vampire receives enough agg damage to burn him, Brother's
> Blood could be used to prevent him from being destroyed (but the remainder
> would still be taken, leaving him empty and in torpor).

I thought that every point of agg after the first required you to
"burn a blood or be destroyed." So Brother's Blood could be used to cover
all agg damage after the first (if you had a particular reason for wanting
the target to have blood in torpor.)

Marc G.

LSJ

non lue,
28 mars 2004, 13:12:1128/03/2004

Correct. Any blood the Brother in torpor would spend healing (non-agg)
damage or preventing destruction (from agg damage) can be burned by the
Brother who played Brother's Blood.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message