(LSJ): Q: WWEF/Coordinated Attack

0 vue

Michael Jørgensen

non lue,
15 janv. 2003, 07:54:4615/01/2003
Hi!

In a game yesterday, I had just ended a fight with one of my predators
minions(Blood Brother), he then played a wake and played Coordinated
attack, with another Blood Brother.

We made the conclusion, that if the other Blood Brother had played the
Wake before the fight started he could have played the coordinated
attack, but we were not sure. Whats the right answear ?

Kind Regards

Michael

LSJ

non lue,
15 janv. 2003, 08:04:5215/01/2003

Neither.
Wake doesn't affect the ability to play combat cards.
Coordinate Attacks cannot be played by a tapped vampire.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Peter D Bakija

non lue,
15 janv. 2003, 16:40:0015/01/2003
Michael Jørgensen wrote:

> We made the conclusion, that if the other Blood Brother had played the
> Wake before the fight started he could have played the coordinated
> attack, but we were not sure. Whats the right answear ?

As Wake is a reaction card, you can only play it on another player's turn
(i.e. you can't play it on your turn).

Wake also only allows the waking vampire to block or react as if
untapped--Coordinated Attacks is neither blocking or a reaction (it is a
combat card).

Peter D Bakija
PD...@bigplanet.com
http://www.myplanet.net/pdb6

"she tore down Paris on the tail of Thom Paine
but the left wing's broken and the right's insane"
-Bowie

Kulaid

non lue,
16 janv. 2003, 14:02:3116/01/2003
SPECIAL REPORT!!!!!
Untaps your Blood Brother and attempts to block... So you'll add 1
more blood brother for coordinated attack! Blood brothers don't have
many masters anyhow... hehe...

Colin Lee

non lue,
16 janv. 2003, 18:09:5316/01/2003
Peter D Bakija <PD...@bigplanet.com> wrote in message news:<BA4B3F60.B5D6%PD...@bigplanet.com>...

<snip>

> As Wake is a reaction card, you can only play it on another player's turn
> (i.e. you can't play it on your turn).

<snip>

My understanding was that you could only play reaction cards when
another player was acting, not 'on another player's turn'. A minor
difference, but could be important when dealing with a Malk Madness
Network, and actions against you at the end of your turn.

-Colin (Lee, not Riggs)

Raille

non lue,
18 janv. 2003, 09:26:3918/01/2003
LSJ wrote:
> Michael Jørgensen wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>In a game yesterday, I had just ended a fight with one of my predators
>>minions(Blood Brother), he then played a wake and played Coordinated
>>attack, with another Blood Brother.
>>
>>We made the conclusion, that if the other Blood Brother had played the
>>Wake before the fight started he could have played the coordinated
>>attack, but we were not sure. Whats the right answear ?
>

> Neither.
> Wake doesn't affect the ability to play combat cards.
> Coordinate Attacks cannot be played by a tapped vampire.

You tap a vampire to attempt to block. Hence a reacting vampire, or
acting will always be tapped and unable to play Coordinated attack. The
Only case I can think of is when you get rushed and fail to block.

If this is correct, Coordinated attack is mostly worthless.

Raille

Peter D Bakija

non lue,
18 janv. 2003, 10:37:2418/01/2003
Raille wrote:

> You tap a vampire to attempt to block. Hence a reacting vampire, or
> acting will always be tapped and unable to play Coordinated attack.

Coordinate Attack is played by a vampire who is not in combat:

Vamp A is fighting vamp B
Vamp C Plays Coordinate Attack at the end of combat between A and B.

It is pretty much a Hidden Lurker/Fast Reaction type card.

Raille

non lue,
19 janv. 2003, 17:51:1919/01/2003
Peter D Bakija wrote:
> Raille wrote:
>

>>You tap a vampire to attempt to block. Hence a reacting vampire, or
>>acting will always be tapped and unable to play Coordinated attack.
>

> Coordinate Attack is played by a vampire who is not in combat:
>
> Vamp A is fighting vamp B
> Vamp C Plays Coordinate Attack at the end of combat between A and B.
>
> It is pretty much a Hidden Lurker/Fast Reaction type card.
>

> Peter D Bakija
> PD...@bigplanet.com
> http://www.myplanet.net/pdb6

I knew somebody more knowledgeable thann I would clarify that.
BB are not very high on my clans to play list.

Raille

Peter D Bakija

non lue,
19 janv. 2003, 18:32:4819/01/2003
Raille wrote:

> I knew somebody more knowledgeable thann I would clarify that.
> BB are not very high on my clans to play list.

I only knew 'cause I just got a billion really cheap cards from Errol in the
mail, 6 of which were Coordinated Attack :-)

As an aside, if he is still selling them, take advantage of Errol's
(Immortal Grapple cards) really cheap bulk commons sale--I got, like, a
million Bloodlines commons/vampires for, like, $10.00. Now, if only I could
figure out what to do that is useful with the Blood Brothers...

-Peter

Kevin M.

non lue,
19 janv. 2003, 21:07:5819/01/2003

"Peter D Bakija" <PD...@bigplanet.com> wrote in message news:BA509FD0.B7CD%PD...@bigplanet.com...

Too bad some people whined and bitched and moaned and complained and cried like little babies about Errol's ONE message every week or so, then lots of people would know about these great deals.

> -Peter

Kevin M., Prince of Henderson, NV (USA)
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

DJ.Mik

non lue,
20 janv. 2003, 11:19:4620/01/2003
xyz...@hotmail.com (Colin Lee) wrote in message news:<f4b0fa11.03011...@posting.google.com>...

> Peter D Bakija <PD...@bigplanet.com> wrote in message news:<BA4B3F60.B5D6%PD...@bigplanet.com>...
>
> <snip>
>
> > As Wake is a reaction card, you can only play it on another player's turn
> > (i.e. you can't play it on your turn).

And I didn't play it on my turn, I played it after I blocked with
another Vamp.
Now I don't remember the exact situation but I think it would have
been possible for me to do it another way, since I had one tapped
vampire and one untapped vampire:

play WWEF and block with Vamp. A (tapped) and play coordinate attacks
with Vamp. B (untapped)

instead of block with Vamp B. and then WWEF + coordinate attacks with
Vamp. A

DJ Mik

Kulaid

non lue,
20 janv. 2003, 16:05:4220/01/2003
I want bloodline cards... =(
I wanna make an Ahrimanes deck... I think they are a strong clan...

With Blood Brothers, a few good ones I've seen is alot of Unwholesome
Bonds for bloating. With information highways, effective managements,
storage annex (to store all the bleed cards), Daring the Dawn to make
sure it goes through... You can burn your own blood brothers, only to
bring it back out... Your crypt has 3 of each blood brothers... Have
to micro manage your uncontrol region making sure you don't accidently
influence your vampires out before you self burn them... ALOT of
bloating, but burns cards like hell... You have to wait with your big
bleed... I think he needs to add a few major boons in there, he's got
really good bloat... The boon would make it hard for ppl to bleed you
cause it's a constant looming presence. It's alot of master phases,
but it hard nut to crack... Once it gets going it's a tought nut to
crack... Once he had to diablerize a vampire to burn his own vampire
so he could unwholesome bond, he had too much blood on his uncontrol
region... (only 6 transfers, on 8 uncontrol vampires, 5 blood on 4 of
them...)

IE blood brother fight well if you have blood on them... Self
destructing BB, (by force of will bleed, and/or daring the dawn) only
to bring it back out at full blood that cost 0 pool... Alot of bloat,
and can smack you down like a fly...

0 nouveau message