Sargon Fragment and discarding. (LSJ)

Jonathan_Sicari

Jan 30, 2010, 1:54:31 PM1/30/10
Does the parenthetical "and discard" assume a full handsize or is it a
mandate (i.e. if I have 4 card in hand and use the sargon fragment to
pull a card to my hand, must I discard)?

The Sargon Fragmen
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Unique equipment.
The vampire with this equipment has superior Necromancy [NEC]. This
vampire can move a library card from your ash heap to your hand as an
action that costs 1 blood (discard afterward).
Artist: Jim Nelson

LSJ

Jan 30, 2010, 4:08:30 PM1/30/10
On Jan 30, 1:54 pm, Jonathan_Sicari <jonathan_sic...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Does the parenthetical "and discard" assume a full handsize or is it a
> mandate (i.e. if I have 4 card in hand and use the sargon fragment to
> pull a card to my hand, must I discard)?

The former. If moving the card to your hand doesn't result in
exceeding your hand size, then you don't have to discard down to your
hand size afterward (which is what "discard afterward" is short for).

Jonathan_Sicari

Jan 30, 2010, 4:27:15 PM1/30/10
OK, Thanks.