Aching Beauty/ Mask of 1000 Faces questions

Stone

May 20, 2003, 10:57:05 AM5/20/03
Vampire A has Aching Beauty. Vampire B has no Aching Beauty.

A bleeds.

1/ Can B Mask the action (Mask of 1000 Faces) before the block, since AB
isn't an "applied" effect like the effect of Backways would be ?

2/ Can B Mask the action after the block and the pool loss induced by the
Aching Beauty? Is the pool loss considered an applied effect?

thanks,

Stone

LSJ

May 20, 2003, 11:01:22 AM5/20/03
Stone wrote:
> Vampire A has Aching Beauty. Vampire B has no Aching Beauty.
>
> A bleeds.
>
> 1/ Can B Mask the action (Mask of 1000 Faces) before the block, since AB
> isn't an "applied" effect like the effect of Backways would be ?

Yes.

> 2/ Can B Mask the action after the block and the pool loss induced by the
> Aching Beauty? Is the pool loss considered an applied effect?

B cannot mask once the pool loss effect is applied.

Similarly, once a vampire attempts to block an Archon, the Archon's effect
is activated (the vampire pays 1 blood to attempt to block), so the action
cannot be masked away from that archon.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Tom,Mad&Co

May 20, 2003, 11:48:07 AM5/20/03

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> escribió en el mensaje

> Stone wrote:
> > Vampire A has Aching Beauty. Vampire B has no Aching Beauty.
> >
> > A bleeds.
> >
> > 1/ Can B Mask the action (Mask of 1000 Faces) before the block, since AB
> > isn't an "applied" effect like the effect of Backways would be ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > 2/ Can B Mask the action after the block and the pool loss induced by
the
> > Aching Beauty? Is the pool loss considered an applied effect?
>
> B cannot mask once the pool loss effect is applied.

Ooops, that modifies slightly my Handsome Devil deck. If then B also got an
Aching beauty, will blocking minion's controller pay an additional pool?

LSJ

May 20, 2003, 11:55:08 AM5/20/03
Tom,Mad&Co wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> escribió en el mensaje
> >B cannot mask once the pool loss effect is applied.

> Ooops, that modifies slightly my Handsome Devil deck. If then B also got an
> Aching beauty, will blocking minion's controller pay an additional pool?

No. B still cannot Mask the action. B's Aching Beauty is not A's Aching Beauty.

Tom,Mad&Co

May 20, 2003, 12:37:38 PM5/20/03

> Tom,Mad&Co wrote:
> > "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > >B cannot mask once the pool loss effect is applied.
>
> > Ooops, that modifies slightly my Handsome Devil deck. If then B also got
an
> > Aching beauty, will blocking minion's controller pay an additional pool?
>
> No. B still cannot Mask the action. B's Aching Beauty is not A's Aching
Beauty.

Ok, then, sniff. A cute deck to the bin.

On the same topic, but slightly different

Toreador A dancing with a toreador grand ball (unblockable non-bleeding
actions)
Toreador B with obf

A takes an action. Asks prey and predator if they block, boviously, as they
can't they decline blocking
Can B now play MO1000F to carry on the action? (obviously, B fullfits all
requirements of the Action)

LSJ

May 20, 2003, 12:55:41 PM5/20/03
Tom,Mad&Co wrote:
> Toreador A dancing with a toreador grand ball (unblockable non-bleeding
> actions)
> Toreador B with obf
>
> A takes an action. Asks prey and predator if they block, boviously, as they
> can't they decline blocking
> Can B now play MO1000F to carry on the action? (obviously, B fullfits all
> requirements of the Action)

Yes.

Similarly, if Aisling bled a Methuselah whose only ready minion was Blythe,
Nik could mask the action after Blythe's controller declines to block.

Emmit Svenson

May 20, 2003, 2:40:30 PM5/20/03
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3ECA4342...@white-wolf.com>...

> Stone wrote:
> > Vampire A has Aching Beauty. Vampire B has no Aching Beauty.
> > 2/ Can B Mask the action after the block and the pool loss induced by the
> > Aching Beauty? Is the pool loss considered an applied effect?
>
> B cannot mask once the pool loss effect is applied.
>
> Similarly, once a vampire attempts to block an Archon, the Archon's effect
> is activated (the vampire pays 1 blood to attempt to block), so the action
> cannot be masked away from that archon.

Why the new ruling from the rules team on Mask of 1000 Faces?

LSJ

May 20, 2003, 2:44:34 PM5/20/03
Emmit Svenson wrote:
> Why the new ruling from the rules team on Mask of 1000 Faces?

Uniformity, consistency, logic, intuitiveness, and agreement with the backstory.

Curevei

May 20, 2003, 4:04:13 PM5/20/03
>Uniformity, consistency, logic, intuitiveness, and agreement with the
>backstory.

You know, this could make a good sig.

Ahasuerus

May 29, 2003, 6:05:35 AM5/29/03

> Tom,Mad&Co wrote:
> > Toreador A dancing with a toreador grand ball (unblockable non-bleeding
> > actions)
> > Toreador B with obf
> >
> > A takes an action. Asks prey and predator if they block, boviously, as
they
> > can't they decline blocking
> > Can B now play MO1000F to carry on the action? (obviously, B fullfits
all
> > requirements of the Action)
>
> Yes.
>
> Similarly, if Aisling bled a Methuselah whose only ready minion was
Blythe,
> Nik could mask the action after Blythe's controller declines to block.

This may be stupid but...

do methusaleahs get another chance to block?

LSJ

May 29, 2003, 11:07:37 AM5/29/03
Ahasuerus wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
>>Tom,Mad&Co wrote:
>>>they decline blocking.

>>>Can B now play MO1000F to carry on the action?
>>Yes.

> do methusaleahs get another chance to block?

No. The decision not to block is final.