LSJ: Retrieving cost of cancelled cards

Hodgestar

Jul 18, 2010, 4:43:26 PM7/18/10
On 25 Sep, 2001, LSJ wrote:
> You only retrieve costs paid when specified by card text.

Is this still the case? In context I'm not sure whether this answer
applied only to action cards and action modifiers or to all cards.
I'm asking mostly because Section II.B.3.c of the rules outline [1]
reads "If the card is canceled, skip to step D" and paying for cards
happens in step C (i.e. is skipped).

In particular, do the costs of master cards cancelled by Santaleous'
special get paid and remain so?

Santaleous: "Camarilla: Santaleous gets +1 bleed for each unique
hunting ground in play. He may burn 3 blood to cancel a master card as
it is played."

[1] http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=outline

Schiavo
Simon

LSJ

Jul 18, 2010, 5:41:00 PM7/18/10
On Jul 18, 4:43 pm, Hodgestar <hodges...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Sep, 2001, LSJ wrote:
> > You only retrieve costs paid when specified by card text.
>
> Is this still the case? In context I'm not sure whether this answer

Yes.

> applied only to action cards and action modifiers or to all cards.

To the extent of context supplied above, it seems to be all cards.
Was there more context that suggested a smaller set of cards?

At any rate, costs for action cards is not paid until resolution, so
if the action card is canceled as it is played, the cost is never
paid, so the question of retrieving that unpaid cost doesn't come up.

> I'm asking mostly because Section II.B.3.c of the rules outline [1]
> reads "If the card is canceled, skip to step D" and paying for cards
> happens in step C (i.e. is skipped).

Hmm. Seems to be an error in the outline, yes.

> In particular, do the costs of master cards cancelled by Santaleous'
> special get paid and remain so?

Yes, they're paid. The cost is not reimbursed if Santaleous cancels
it.

Hodgestar

Jul 21, 2010, 11:19:52 AM7/21/10
On Jul 18, 11:41 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> To the extent of context supplied above, it seems to be all cards.
> Was there more context that suggested a smaller set of cards?

The original thread focussed mostly on actions and actions modifiers.
I was only about 99% sure that the "card" in "card text" referred to
any card rather than only an action or action modifier.

Thanks for the swift response!

Schiavo
Simon