[LSJ] Gratiano votes count

dvorax

Oct 22, 2004, 3:15:51 AM10/22/04
I have a question about Gratiano's interaction with vote counting
cards like Leadership Vacuum or Political Struggle. I know the ruling
about Prisci with no votes "in general"[RTR 19970630]. But what about
this very special Priscus, with the additional vote.
a) How much counters do I put on the Vacuum, when Gratiano goes to
torpor?
b) How much votes does my vamp get, when Gratiano goes to torpor? (I'm
Almost 100% sure, that the answer is the same ;) ).

thanks
dvorax.

Daneel

Oct 22, 2004, 4:19:00 AM10/22/04

Any conditionality or divergence from the standard "1 vote, 2 vote" or
normal vote providing sect-based titles results in the votes in question
not counting as votes at all for any card or effect that counts the
general number of votes a given vampire possesses.

a) zero
b) zero

--
Bye,

Daneel

LSJ

Oct 22, 2004, 8:10:12 AM10/22/04
"Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message

Correct.

V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

dvorax

Oct 25, 2004, 6:17:31 AM10/25/04
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<2tsbgqF...@uni-berlin.de>...

> "Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message
> > On 22 Oct 2004 00:15:51 -0700, dvorax <dvor...@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I have a question about Gratiano's interaction with vote counting
> > > cards like Leadership Vacuum or Political Struggle. I know the ruling
> > > about Prisci with no votes "in general"[RTR 19970630]. But what about
> > > this very special Priscus, with the additional vote.
> > > a) How much counters do I put on the Vacuum, when Gratiano goes to
> > > torpor?
> > > b) How much votes does my vamp get, when Gratiano goes to torpor? (I'm
> > > Almost 100% sure, that the answer is the same ;) ).
> >
> > Any conditionality or divergence from the standard "1 vote, 2 vote" or
> > normal vote providing sect-based titles results in the votes in question
> > not counting as votes at all for any card or effect that counts the
> > general number of votes a given vampire possesses.
> >
> > a) zero
> > b) zero
>

> Correct

Are the votes gained by a Political Struggle "standard 1 vote, 2
vote"?

They are clearly not sect-based, so this would be the only possibility
for them to count for Leadership Vacuum, Island of Yiaros or another
Political Struggle. (they count, see #9 in
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=3FE35741.6060808%40white-wolf.com)

In the case, they are "standard" 1 vote, 2 vote, why doesn't the
vampire count as titled then?
(http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=3B0BE1AD.EA6D8FEA%40white-wolf.com)

thanks
dvorax.

LSJ

Oct 25, 2004, 6:48:54 AM10/25/04
dvorax wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<2tsbgqF...@uni-berlin.de>...
>>"Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message

Sorry, yes. Political Struggle and Leadership Vacuum counts the number of
votes a vampire "has", without regard to titles (although LV requires the
vampire to be a titled one in the first place). My previous "correct" was
in error.

The "zero. zero." part was correct -- Gratiano has no votes in the
main referendum, which is what those things are counting. But the votes
that those things do count (in the main referendum) are not limited
to the stanard "title" votes.

The votes granted by Political Struggle are not title votes, either.
They're just votes. Having votes doesn't necessarily make one titled.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/