Courier question

23 vues

Petri Wessman

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 06:40:1302/11/2000
A question about the new Nosfe-AT ally Courier.

Card Text:

Courier
Ally with 1 life, 0 strength, 1 bleed. Courier gets -1
intercept when attempting to block a vampire. When a minion
you control successfully bleeds, you may look at the top card
of the library of the Methuselah being bled, and you may tap
the Courier to discard that card.

Can multiple couriers be used for one bleed? For example, if I have 3
Couriers out, can I do the following:

1) do a successful bleed
2) look at top card of deck, tap Courier #1 to discard it
3) look at (new) top card of deck, tap Courier #2 to discard it
4) look at (new) top card of deck, tap Courier #3 to discard it

?

//Petri

hamd...@my-deja.com

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 07:16:5902/11/2000
In article <7xsnpak...@termiitti.akumiitti.fi>,

I would guess not. However, having multiple couriers out would allow
you to force 3 discards in a turn after 3 successful bleeds.

e.g

1) Beast, LOD bleeds for one, tap Courier #1
2) Kendrick bleeds for one, tap Courier #2
3) Agatha bleeds for one, tap Courier #3

DH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LSJ

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 08:02:4702/11/2000
Petri Wessman wrote:
> Can multiple couriers be used for one bleed? For example, if I have 3
> Couriers out, can I do the following:
>
> 1) do a successful bleed
> 2) look at top card of deck, tap Courier #1 to discard it
> 3) look at (new) top card of deck, tap Courier #2 to discard it

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Petri Wessman

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 09:15:1802/11/2000
On Thu, 02 Nov 2000 08:02:47 -0500, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> said:

LSJ> Petri Wessman wrote:
>> Can multiple couriers be used for one bleed? For example, if I have 3
>> Couriers out, can I do the following:
>>
>> 1) do a successful bleed
>> 2) look at top card of deck, tap Courier #1 to discard it
>> 3) look at (new) top card of deck, tap Courier #2 to discard it

LSJ> Yes.

Cool ;). Put 10 Couriers in a deck and you could burn 10 library cards
per bleed... in fact you could first burn off some cards with Dirty
Little Secrets, then have the Couriers do their thing. ;). Most decks
aren't that scary when they run out of cards..

Of course, this is as hard to pull off as the 7-Raptor deck, but might
be fun *grin*

//Petri

James Coupe

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 09:34:3502/11/2000

By card text, you could also look at the top card *after* you had
discarded the previous one.

e.g.

1) Bleed
2) Look at top card
3) Tap to discard
4) Look at top card again

The "look" bit doesn't requrie an untapped minion, and it isn't phrased as
"During X, do Y" so it doesn't fit the pattern "Once During X, do Y".

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D
"And all the while I'm thinking things that I can never share with him.

LSJ

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 09:51:0202/11/2000
James Coupe wrote:
> > Courier
> > Ally with 1 life, 0 strength, 1 bleed. Courier gets -1
> > intercept when attempting to block a vampire. When a minion
> > you control successfully bleeds, you may look at the top card
> > of the library of the Methuselah being bled, and you may tap
> > the Courier to discard that card.
>
> By card text, you could also look at the top card *after* you had
> discarded the previous one.
>
> e.g.
>
> 1) Bleed
> 2) Look at top card
> 3) Tap to discard
> 4) Look at top card again
>
> The "look" bit doesn't requrie an untapped minion, and it isn't phrased as
> "During X, do Y" so it doesn't fit the pattern "Once During X, do Y".

No, the given Courier's "look" can only be done once per bleed.
See Bribes for similar use of "when".

On a subsequent bleed, the tapped Courier could indeed look at the top
card, of course.

0 nouveau message