Q: Grooming the Protege

Cantila

Nov 28, 2008, 6:35:37 PM11/28/08
Do you still need to have a valid target in uncontrolled (younger
vampire) if you choose to do Grooming for 0 blood?

LSJ

Nov 28, 2008, 8:32:28 PM11/28/08
Cantila wrote:
> Do you still need to have a valid target in uncontrolled (younger
> vampire) if you choose to do Grooming for 0 blood?

Yes.

Kevin M.

Nov 29, 2008, 5:56:20 PM11/29/08

Scott, I can see the need for terseness in your job as the net.rep, and
you not necessarily having time to actually explain answers to questions
like this, but perhaps for these kinds of posts you could cut and paste
"What about the card makes you believe you could do that?" (or a similar
question) in order to foster a long-term understanding about reading card
text and the eventual reduction of question like this.

Grooming the Protege
Master.
Move up to 3 blood from a ready vampire you control to a
younger vampire of the same clan in your uncontrolled region.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Las Vegas NAQ 2009! http://members.cox.net/vtesinlv/

LSJ

Nov 29, 2008, 7:48:19 PM11/29/08
Kevin M. wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Cantila wrote:
>>> Do you still need to have a valid target in uncontrolled (younger
>>> vampire) if you choose to do Grooming for 0 blood?
>> Yes.
>
> Scott, I can see the need for terseness in your job as the net.rep, and
> you not necessarily having time to actually explain answers to questions
> like this, but perhaps for these kinds of posts you could cut and paste
> "What about the card makes you believe you could do that?" (or a similar
> question) in order to foster a long-term understanding about reading card
> text and the eventual reduction of question like this.
>
> Grooming the Protege
> Master.
> Move up to 3 blood from a ready vampire you control to a
> younger vampire of the same clan in your uncontrolled region.

Q: Does one *still* need a valid target for this targeted effect even when zero
is chosen, effectively making it "no effect"?
A: Yes.

Nothing overly-terse about that.