Questions

1 view

Raille

Aug 20, 2001, 9:28:51 PM8/20/01
Had a few odd questions pop up that I could not answer for people
satisfactorly.

Call of the Hungry dead.
Minion.
Does the -1 intercept carry over to subsequent block attempts by other
minions?
I ruled that it does.

Change of Target
Does the card played for the action get discarded or returned to the
hand?
I think that the card is discarded.

Compel the Spirit.
When compeling a Shambling Horde do you have to burn another ally ect to
return the SH to play?

Bonecraft
At Superior -2 strenth
Can you have negative strength?
We had a minion with this card on them who struck for zero, then played
Lucky blow for 1 damage.
Is this correct?

Raille

Halcyan 2

Aug 20, 2001, 9:42:43 PM8/20/01
>Call of the Hungry dead.
>Minion.
>Does the -1 intercept carry over to subsequent block attempts by other
>minions?
>I ruled that it does.

No. Only that one particular blocking minion gets the -1 intercept. Other
minions who block are not affected by that Call of the Hungry Dead.

>Change of Target
>Does the card played for the action get discarded or returned to the
>hand?
>I think that the card is discarded.

Discarded. Without any explicit text to return the card to your hand, it is
discarded.

>Compel the Spirit.
>When compeling a Shambling Horde do you have to burn another ally ect to
>return the SH to play?

Yes you do have to remove another ally etc to return the SH to play. When
Compelled, it is still "entering play."

Also, see similar ruling on War Ghoul:

If you have no other allies and no retainers in play when War Ghoul is
recruited, then you burn War Ghoul to satisfy card text. [RTR 19961113]

>Bonecraft
>At Superior -2 strenth
>Can you have negative strength?
>We had a minion with this card on them who struck for zero, then played
>Lucky blow for 1 damage.
>Is this correct?

You can have negative strength. You can't do less than 0 damage, but this is
important for things that give + strength damage. Thus a typical minion with a
Bonecraft (1 - 2 = -1 strength) who strikes with an inferior Undead Strength or
a Lucky Blow still does 0 damage.

Halcyan 2

James Coupe

Aug 20, 2001, 10:07:08 PM8/20/01
In message <3B81B953...@mich.com>, Raille <rai...@mich.com> writes

>Compel the Spirit.
>When compeling a Shambling Horde do you have to burn another ally ect to
>return the SH to play?

You have to remove one in your ash-heap from the game. (Card text.)

"Burn" is to enter the ash-heap.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
Close your eyes so you don't feel them EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

Aug 20, 2001, 11:39:16 PM8/20/01
Halcyan 2 wrote:

> >Call of the Hungry dead.
> >Minion.
> >Does the -1 intercept carry over to subsequent block attempts by other
> >minions?
> >I ruled that it does.
>
> No. Only that one particular blocking minion gets the -1 intercept. Other
> minions who block are not affected by that Call of the Hungry Dead.

Correct. (Otherwise it would just say "+1 stealth" and be done with it.)

> >Change of Target
> >Does the card played for the action get discarded or returned to the
> >hand?
> >I think that the card is discarded.
>
> Discarded. Without any explicit text to return the card to your hand, it is
> discarded.

Correct.

> >Compel the Spirit.
> >When compeling a Shambling Horde do you have to burn another ally ect to
> >return the SH to play?
> >

> Yes you do have to remove another ally etc to return the SH to play. When
> Compelled, it is still "entering play."

Correct.

> >Bonecraft
> >At Superior -2 strenth
> >Can you have negative strength?
> >We had a minion with this card on them who struck for zero, then played
> >Lucky blow for 1 damage.
> >Is this correct?
>
> You can have negative strength. You can't do less than 0 damage, but this is
> important for things that give + strength damage. Thus a typical minion with a
> Bonecraft (1 - 2 = -1 strength) who strikes with an inferior Undead Strength or
> a Lucky Blow still does 0 damage.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Roger Carhult

Aug 21, 2001, 7:41:17 AM8/21/01
> Also, see similar ruling on War Ghoul:
>
> If you have no other allies and no retainers in play when War Ghoul is
> recruited, then you burn War Ghoul to satisfy card text. [RTR 19961113]

Hmm is WG considered to be recruited when he's compelled?

LSJ

Aug 21, 2001, 8:23:34 AM8/21/01

No. Compel uses the 'move' phrasing.
Hence the additional verbage on the card regarding requirements, disciplines, etc.

However, Compel (superior) *does* put the WG into play. So the "enters play"
effect on the War Ghoul must be handled. If the compelled WG is the only
retainer/ally you have in play, then he is burned.