How to move Ankara between vampires?

Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon

Dec 21, 2006, 12:12:56 PM12/21/06
I control two ready vampires. One of them (Tremere) has an Ankara
Citadel. The other vampire is from some other clan (non-Tremere
compatible!).
How can i move Ankara Citadel (loc-equipment) between the two ready
vampires?

Can one vampire play Dominate Kine (DK) to "steal" it from the first as
an undirected action? (notice both vampires are controlled by me).
Can i use also New Management to do so the same way as DK?

Is there any Master or vampire (ability) that allow to do so?
(Heidelberg Castle won't work).

Thanks a lot!
.- Luis Duarte

adam....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2006, 12:53:47 PM12/21/06
Disputed Territory. (Which can be hard with Tremere...)

On Dec 21, 12:12 pm, "Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon"

James Coupe

Dec 21, 2006, 12:58:04 PM12/21/06
In message <1166721176.7...@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

"Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon" <luis....@netcabo.pt> writes:
>I control two ready vampires. One of them (Tremere) has an Ankara
>Citadel. The other vampire is from some other clan (non-Tremere
>compatible!).
>How can i move Ankara Citadel (loc-equipment) between the two ready
>vampires?

Play Disputed Territory, and give the loquipment to an opponent. The
ambiguous move will allow (require) the opponent to assign the Ankara
Citadel to one of their minions.

Play a second Disputed Territory, and move it back to one of your
minions - the other vampire.

Loquipment may be put on any ready minion if moved in an
ambiguous fashion (by Disputed Territory, e.g.). If the new
controller has no minions, the locquipment is burned. (Note:
currently all moves are ambiguous - TOM). [RTR 19960112]

>Can one vampire play Dominate Kine (DK) to "steal" it from the first as
>an undirected action? (notice both vampires are controlled by me).

Notice Dominate Kine's card text:

"[DOM] (D) Take control of a location controlled by another
Methuselah."

So no. You are not another Methuselah.

>Can i use also New Management to do so the same way as DK?

This one, I'm less sure on. Though it's taking control of a location
you already control (such as with Disputed Territory, where it doesn't
allow you to change control), doing the same thing with a retainer with
Far Mastery means that that acting vampire takes control of the
retainer.

Hmmm.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

LSJ

Dec 21, 2006, 1:59:37 PM12/21/06
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1166721176.7...@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon" <luis....@netcabo.pt> writes:
>> I control two ready vampires. One of them (Tremere) has an Ankara
>> Citadel. The other vampire is from some other clan (non-Tremere
>> compatible!).
>> How can i move Ankara Citadel (loc-equipment) between the two ready
>> vampires?
>
> Play Disputed Territory, and give the loquipment to an opponent. The
> ambiguous move will allow (require) the opponent to assign the Ankara
> Citadel to one of their minions.
>
> Play a second Disputed Territory, and move it back to one of your
> minions - the other vampire.
>
> Loquipment may be put on any ready minion if moved in an
> ambiguous fashion (by Disputed Territory, e.g.). If the new
> controller has no minions, the locquipment is burned. (Note:
> currently all moves are ambiguous - TOM). [RTR 19960112]

Correct.

>> Can one vampire play Dominate Kine (DK) to "steal" it from the first as
>> an undirected action? (notice both vampires are controlled by me).
>
> Notice Dominate Kine's card text:
>
> "[DOM] (D) Take control of a location controlled by another
> Methuselah."
>
> So no. You are not another Methuselah.

Correct.

>> Can i use also New Management to do so the same way as DK?
>
> This one, I'm less sure on. Though it's taking control of a location
> you already control (such as with Disputed Territory, where it doesn't
> allow you to change control), doing the same thing with a retainer with
> Far Mastery means that that acting vampire takes control of the
> retainer.

Card text on Far Mastery accomplishes that.
Card text on New Management does not, so the location stays put.

adam....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2006, 4:47:02 PM12/21/06
Why do you have to play two disputed Territories? It does not say
"another Meth". Why can't you just choose yourself?

Disputed Terrritory
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
Choose a location and a Methuselah. Successful referendum means the
chosen Methuselah takes control of the chosen location.

On Dec 21, 12:58 pm, James Coupe <j...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <1166721176.787214.218...@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

> "Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon" <luis.pal...@netcabo.pt> writes:
>
> >I control two ready vampires. One of them (Tremere) has an Ankara
> >Citadel. The other vampire is from some other clan (non-Tremere
> >compatible!).
> >How can i move Ankara Citadel (loc-equipment) between the two ready

> >vampires?Play Disputed Territory, and give the loquipment to an opponent. The

> ambiguous move will allow (require) the opponent to assign the Ankara
> Citadel to one of their minions.
>
> Play a second Disputed Territory, and move it back to one of your
> minions - the other vampire.
>
> Loquipment may be put on any ready minion if moved in an
> ambiguous fashion (by Disputed Territory, e.g.). If the new
> controller has no minions, the locquipment is burned. (Note:
> currently all moves are ambiguous - TOM). [RTR 19960112]
>
> >Can one vampire play Dominate Kine (DK) to "steal" it from the first as

> >an undirected action? (notice both vampires are controlled by me).Notice Dominate Kine's card text:

> "[DOM] (D) Take control of a location controlled by another
> Methuselah."
>
> So no. You are not another Methuselah.
>

> >Can i use also New Management to do so the same way as DK?This one, I'm less sure on. Though it's taking control of a location

James Coupe

Dec 21, 2006, 5:13:21 PM12/21/06
In message <1166737622.2...@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

"adam....@gmail.com" <adam....@gmail.com> writes:
>Why do you have to play two disputed Territories? It does not say
>"another Meth". Why can't you just choose yourself?

You can. But then nothing on the card text gives you the ability to
change which vampire controls it - see the complete lack of card text
indicating that you can move it around. The ruling only applies to
ambiguous moves, such as where a location that is tied to a vampire
moves to another controller. Restating that the controller is still you
doesn't generate any ambiguity.

<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/48e2b2
d3264ae77c>

REVERSAL: Transferring Locquipment via Disputed Territory to the
*same* Methuselah that currently controls the locquipment
results in no effect - the locquipment may *not* be moved to a
different minion of the same Methuselah. (Similarly,
transferring the Rack from yourself to yourself doesn't allow
you to choose a new target).

If you want to pass the vote so that you can cycle cards from your hand,
however, that's just fine. You have the only location on the table, and
it's a piece of loquipment. Call Disputed Territory, pitch some vote
modifiers, pass the vote, play Voter Captivation. All good. You take
control of the loquipment and... it stays exactly where it is.

Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon

Dec 22, 2006, 11:57:40 AM12/22/06
On Dec 21, 6:59 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Card text on New Management does not, so the location stays put.

So, if i do understand well, New Management do not allow me to move
Ankara Citadel between 2 vampires i control, correct?

Other than the 2-step Disputed Territory (moving first to another
Meth...) option, there is no other way to move the Ankara between two
vampires i control?

Thanks.