[LSJ] Free States Rant

2 vues

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
10 juin 2001, 19:30:1810/06/2001
Text:

[...] In this referendum, titles are worth 1 less vote each (even in the
Prisci sub-referendum), [...]

Does the parenthetical mean:

(a) During a Free States Rant, the Prisci block is worth 2 votes, not 3, or
(b) All Prisci cast 1 fewer vote during the Prisci sub-vote; the Prisci
abstain unless Gratiano is out, and the Prisci block is worth 3 votes
as normal.
(c) Something else.

thanks,

gomi
--
Yes, I believe but I'd rather not pray
What I believe in I'd rather not say, baby

James Coupe

non lue,
10 juin 2001, 19:37:4110/06/2001
In message <9g0vua$ej2$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>, Gomi no Sensei
<go...@best.com> writes

>[...] In this referendum, titles are worth 1 less vote each (even in the
>Prisci sub-referendum), [...]
>
>Does the parenthetical mean:
>
>(a) During a Free States Rant, the Prisci block is worth 2 votes, not 3

No, because the prisci block is not a title.

>, or
>(b) All Prisci cast 1 fewer vote during the Prisci sub-vote; the Prisci
>abstain unless Gratiano is out, and the Prisci block is worth 3 votes
>as normal.

This is correct, so far as I can tell.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
"You reinstall Dial-Up Networking. The Elf screams and becomes EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
10 juin 2001, 20:59:2110/06/2001
James Coupe wrote:

> In message <9g0vua$ej2$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>, Gomi no Sensei
> <go...@best.com> writes
> >[...] In this referendum, titles are worth 1 less vote each (even in the
> >Prisci sub-referendum), [...]
> >
> >Does the parenthetical mean:
> >
> >(a) During a Free States Rant, the Prisci block is worth 2 votes, not 3
>
> No, because the prisci block is not a title.
>
> >, or
> >(b) All Prisci cast 1 fewer vote during the Prisci sub-vote; the Prisci
> >abstain unless Gratiano is out, and the Prisci block is worth 3 votes
> >as normal.
>
> This is correct, so far as I can tell.

Correct. The title "Priscus" is worth 1 vote in the Priscus
sub-referendum.
It is worth 1 less vote in that sub-referendum during the Free States
Rant.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Aaron

non lue,
11 juin 2001, 07:36:3611/06/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B2417E9...@white-wolf.com>...

> James Coupe wrote:
> >
> > In message <9g0vua$ej2$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>, Gomi no Sensei
> > <go...@best.com> writes
> > >[...] In this referendum, titles are worth 1 less vote each (even in the
> > >Prisci sub-referendum), [...]
> > >
> > >Does the parenthetical mean:
> > >
> > >(a) During a Free States Rant, the Prisci block is worth 2 votes, not 3
> >
> > No, because the prisci block is not a title.
> >
> > >, or
> > >(b) All Prisci cast 1 fewer vote during the Prisci sub-vote; the Prisci
> > >abstain unless Gratiano is out, and the Prisci block is worth 3 votes
> > >as normal.
> >
> > This is correct, so far as I can tell.
>
> Correct. The title "Priscus" is worth 1 vote in the Priscus
> sub-referendum.
> It is worth 1 less vote in that sub-referendum during the Free States
> Rant.

Just to make sure, the -1 vote for titled vampires does not effect
guys that are printed with "2 votes" like the FoS? I just don't
remember if 2 votes counts as a title or not.

James Coupe

non lue,
11 juin 2001, 08:08:5311/06/2001
In message <7ab27d37.01061...@posting.google.com>, Aaron
<roans...@yahoo.com> writes

>Just to make sure, the -1 vote for titled vampires does not effect
>guys that are printed with "2 votes" like the FoS? I just don't
>remember if 2 votes counts as a title or not.

Vampires with innate votes *are* considered to have a title.

"Some independent vampires may start with votes, as listed on card text.
Treat these vampires as if they had titles of their own. " [6.3.4]

LSJ

non lue,
11 juin 2001, 08:54:0711/06/2001
Aaron wrote:
> Just to make sure, the -1 vote for titled vampires does not effect
> guys that are printed with "2 votes" like the FoS? I just don't
> remember if 2 votes counts as a title or not.

[6.3.4] Vampirirc Titles should clear that up.

Dan Harting

non lue,
9 juil. 2001, 22:55:5009/07/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> James Coupe wrote:
> >
> > Gomi no Sensei <go...@best.com> writes

> > >(b) All Prisci cast 1 fewer vote during the Prisci sub-vote; the Prisci

> > >abstain unless Gratiano is out, and the Prisci block is worth 3 votes
> > >as normal.
> >
> > This is correct, so far as I can tell.
>
> Correct. The title "Priscus" is worth 1 vote in the Priscus
> sub-referendum.
> It is worth 1 less vote in that sub-referendum during the Free States
> Rant.

Just curious - I don't mean to be annoying:

How many votes does Genevieve have during a Free States Rant?
(0 of each?)

How many votes does a Regent have during a Free States Rant?
(3?)

- Dan

Halcyan 2

non lue,
10 juil. 2001, 03:56:1410/07/2001
>Just curious - I don't mean to be annoying:
>
>How many votes does Genevieve have during a Free States Rant?
>(0 of each?)
>
>How many votes does a Regent have during a Free States Rant?
>(3?)

Free States Rant
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote
Called by any Independent vampire at +1 stealth
Allocate X points among one or more ready vampires, where X is half of the
capacity of the acting vampire (rounded up). No more than 3 points can be
allocated to a single vampire. Successful referendum means each vampire burns 1
blood for each point assigned. In this referendum, titles are worth 1 less vote
each (even in the Prisci sub-referendum), and burning the edge for a vote is
worth an additional vote.

Note that FSR states that "titles are worth 1 less vote each," so it wouldn't
affect Genevieve's special ability. Thus as a Priscus, Genevieve has 1 normal
vote (and 1 - 1 = 0 prisci votes).

The Regent card gives a title of Cardinal (and an additional vote which I'm
guessing comes from the Regent card itself, not the title. LSJ?). So the
Regent'ed vamp would get one less vote meaning he would have 3 votes.

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
10 juil. 2001, 07:39:4810/07/2001
dhar...@san.rr.com (Dan Harting) wrote in message news:<366bfade.01070...@posting.google.com>...

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > James Coupe wrote:
> > >
> > > Gomi no Sensei <go...@best.com> writes

> > > This is correct, so far as I can tell.
> >
> > Correct. The title "Priscus" is worth 1 vote in the Priscus
> > sub-referendum.
> > It is worth 1 less vote in that sub-referendum during the Free States
> > Rant.
>
> Just curious - I don't mean to be annoying:
>
> How many votes does Genevieve have during a Free States Rant?
> (0 of each?)

The title is worth 1 less. Nothing is said about the special ability.
So she has 1 in the main referendum (special ability), and zero in
the Prisci sub-referendum.

> How many votes does a Regent have during a Free States Rant?
> (3?)

Yes.

Links to rulebook, card text, errata, and tournament rules:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message