LSJ: More Questions

Sintax

Dec 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/10/97

1. What is the earliest time that a player may yield a contested card?

2. Vampire A strikes for one hand damage. Vampire B strikes for 2 hand
damage. Vamp A prevents 2 damage. Vamp B then takes one point. Can Vamp A
then play Pulled Fangs?

3. Is it possible to avoid Smiling Jack's effect by picking a vampire that
has no blood on him, and trying to remove all the Jack toll from him, having
it fizzle?

4. Do vampires ignore remove blood effects if they have no blood on them?
(tribute to the master)

Here's a tasty tidbit that might entertain you enough to make all these
questions worthwhile. My play of the day; I am at two life and my prey has
three. He has The Curse of Nitocris in play (on me), along with Antediluvian
Awakening. I am controlling the edge. I have other stuff in play, namely The
Elysium(sp?) the Arboretum . My turn begins, I lose one to the awakening. I
call a vote to burn The Elysium- during which I drop the edge for a vote! I
then bleed him successfully for one giving him back his poony curse and end
my turn, letting him die by his own devices. hehehehehehe.

I hope this was legit.

Sintax

Dec 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/11/97

LSJ

Dec 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/12/97

Sintax wrote:
> 1. What is the earliest time that a player may yield a contested card?

Untap phase, after untapping.

> 2. Vampire A strikes for one hand damage. Vampire B strikes for 2 hand
> damage. Vamp A prevents 2 damage. Vamp B then takes one point. Can Vamp A
> then play Pulled Fangs?

Yes.

> 3. Is it possible to avoid Smiling Jack's effect by picking a vampire that
> has no blood on him, and trying to remove all the Jack toll from him, having
> it fizzle?

No. You must burn a pool or a vampire blood for each counter on Jack.
Failing to burn a blood from an empty vampire will not lessen your
obligation.

> 4. Do vampires ignore remove blood effects if they have no blood on them?
> (tribute to the master)

Yes.

> Here's a tasty tidbit that might entertain you enough to make all these
> questions worthwhile. My play of the day; I am at two life and my prey has
> three. He has The Curse of Nitocris in play (on me), along with Antediluvian
> Awakening. I am controlling the edge. I have other stuff in play, namely The
> Elysium(sp?) the Arboretum . My turn begins, I lose one to the awakening. I
> call a vote to burn The Elysium- during which I drop the edge for a vote! I
> then bleed him successfully for one giving him back his poony curse and end
> my turn, letting him die by his own devices. hehehehehehe.
>
> I hope this was legit.

Looks good.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com)
Official VtES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.

James Coupe

Dec 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/12/97

In article <66peof$1...@argentina.earthlink.net>, Sintax
<pchan...@earthlink.net> writes

>Sintax wrote in message <66lk7s$r...@bolivia.earthlink.net>...
>>1. What is the earliest time that a player may yield a contested card?

Their next untap phase.

For instance, I'm in a three player game - you, me and LSJ (say). I
bring out Anson in my transfer phase. In your go, you bring out Anson
as well. I don't think I'm going to be able to afford the pool to pay
for it so I think that I'll yeild him. But I have to wait until after
LSJ's turn so that during my untap phase I can yeild him.

Many people play it say that you can yield at any time but that is
wrong.

Also, when I yield Anson, you don't get control of yours back
immediately. You have to wait until your untap phase.

>>2. Vampire A strikes for one hand damage. Vampire B strikes for 2 hand
>>damage. Vamp A prevents 2 damage. Vamp B then takes one point. Can Vamp A
>>then play Pulled Fangs?

Yes. Since Vamp A prevented all of his damage, the damage inflict on
Vamp B was greater therefore Pulled Fangs' criteria are met.

>>3. Is it possible to avoid Smiling Jack's effect by picking a vampire that
>>has no blood on him, and trying to remove all the Jack toll from him,
>having
>>it fizzle?

No. You cannot proceed from your untap phase until all untap phase
effects are resolved. Count up how much blood was burned here. I'll
give you a clue - none. Therefore Smiling Jack still has to resolve.
When a vampire is told to burn blood (eg Blood to Water) it can be just
ignored but Smiling Jack is one of those cases where something has to be
burned. Like with Society of Leopold, you can't just tell an empty
vampire to burn blood because the card requires that either the vampire
burns blood or is burned. Since it did not actually burn any blood, it
is burned. Likewise, Smiling Jack requires blood to be burned or pool.
Since no blood was burned, blood off another vampire has to be or your
pool.

>>4. Do vampires ignore remove blood effects if they have no blood on them?
>>(tribute to the master)

Yes.

>>Here's a tasty tidbit that might entertain you enough to make all
these
>>questions worthwhile. My play of the day; I am at two life and my prey
has
>>three. He has The Curse of Nitocris in play (on me), along with
>Antediluvian
>>Awakening. I am controlling the edge. I have other stuff in play,
namely
>The
>>Elysium(sp?) the Arboretum . My turn begins, I lose one to the
awakening. I
>>call a vote to burn The Elysium- during which I drop the edge for a
vote! I
>>then bleed him successfully for one giving him back his poony curse
and end
>>my turn, letting him die by his own devices. hehehehehehe.
>>
>>I hope this was legit.

Yes. Completely legit. Since anyone can call a vote to burn the elysium
(with a camarilla vamp), you could do that. And since you got rid of
the edge, the Curse could be shifted (as opposed to you just having bled
whilst still controlling the edge).

--

James Coupe (remove items of clothing to reply)

I shall personally come around to your houses and drag you out by the scruff of
the neck. I shall belt you around the mouth and mouth you around the belt. Do
you understand what I'm saying?