Bundi + Burning Wrath (LSJ)

Blooded Sand

Dec 31, 2008, 9:43:36 AM12/31/08
Can Bundi be used with any strike that says make a hand strike, eg
Burning wrath? Tried to read all the previous posts, but got confused.

floppyzedolfin

Dec 31, 2008, 10:20:17 AM12/31/08
On 31 déc, 15:43, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can Bundi be used with any strike that says make a hand strike, eg
> Burning wrath? Tried to read all the previous posts, but got confused.

I think not. "Hand strike" is a strike that
- is based upon strength
- is not ranged
- does not come from an equipment

The third point forbids you of using Bundi when playing Burning wrath.

You can use Bundi with Undead Strength, because it says "use a melee
weapon strike". The fact that the melee weapon strike is eventually a
hand strike is not related.

Blooded Sand

Dec 31, 2008, 10:21:40 AM12/31/08

See, it is the evntually that gets me there. There is no eventually,
it is a hand and melee strike from the beginning.

jwjbw...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2008, 10:31:45 AM12/31/08
On Dec 31, 9:43 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can Bundi be used with any strike that says make a hand strike, eg
> Burning wrath? Tried to read all the previous posts, but got confused.

Normally you can chose only one strike. Some strikes incorporate
other strikes by reference -- ie -- use a hand strike; use a melee
weapon strike. I think in both cases you use a *normal* such strike,
and modify it as instructed.

Bundi allows a modified hand strike; Burning Wrath allows a modified
hand strike; it seems to me you must choose between them -- you cannot
choose them both.

LSJ

Dec 31, 2008, 10:59:15 AM12/31/08
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> On 31 déc, 15:43, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can Bundi be used with any strike that says make a hand strike, eg
>> Burning wrath? Tried to read all the previous posts, but got confused.

No.

Burning Wrath is its own hand strike. It's card text is "Strike: hand strike at ..."

Contrast with Lucky Blow, which can be used either as its own strike or can be
combined with another strike to modify that other strike.

> I think not. "Hand strike" is a strike that
> - is based upon strength
> - is not ranged
> - does not come from an equipment
>
> The third point forbids you of using Bundi when playing Burning wrath.

No. That's not the point that gets the job done. If Burning Wrath said "Use a
hand strike at ...", the it could indeed use Bundi as that hand strike.

> You can use Bundi with Undead Strength, because it says "use a melee
> weapon strike". The fact that the melee weapon strike is eventually a
> hand strike is not related.

Correct.