LSJ: Meddling of Semsith

Brian Skelly

Oct 8, 2002, 6:09:41 AM10/8/02
Hi Everyone :)

A rather wierd ruling came up regarding Meddling of Semsith...

Its card text basically says that my hand size is reduced by one when
the card is in play and that the person i name as the person to be
affected by the meddling cant replace cards during any methuselah's
minion phase. Now if i choose to place this card on my prey, and then
oust my prey, does the meddling burn as there is no longer a seconday
target of the card, or does it stay in play with my reduced hand size
and no other effects until i call a vote to remove it?

If LSJ or someone else could clarify this, it would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Brian Skelly
Local Player of the Adelaide, Austrlaia V:EKN

Andy Brown

Oct 8, 2002, 7:02:49 AM10/8/02

As I remember, it stays in play until a vote is called to remove it.

Andy

--
Andy "Slytherin" Brown
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge

LSJ

Oct 8, 2002, 7:50:24 AM10/8/02
Andy Brown wrote:

> Brian Skelly wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone :)
> >
> > A rather wierd ruling came up regarding Meddling of Semsith...
> >
> > Its card text basically says that my hand size is reduced by one when
> > the card is in play and that the person i name as the person to be
> > affected by the meddling cant replace cards during any methuselah's
> > minion phase. Now if i choose to place this card on my prey, and then
> > oust my prey, does the meddling burn as there is no longer a seconday
> > target of the card, or does it stay in play with my reduced hand size
> > and no other effects until i call a vote to remove it?
> >
> > If LSJ or someone else could clarify this, it would be very much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks very much,
> >
> > Brian Skelly
> > Local Player of the Adelaide, Austrlaia V:EKN
>
> As I remember, it stays in play until a vote is called to remove it.

Correct. It is not "placed on" the chosen Methuselah. It is simply put
into play (that is, you still control it, not the chosen Methuselah). It
will burn when you are ousted. It doesn't burn if the chosen Methuselah
is ousted.

If the chosen Methuselah is ousted, you will still have a reduced hand
size until the card is burned.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/