Q: Blissful Agony vs. various effects (+ some !Salubri bashing :)

11 vues

Petri Wessman

non lue,
16 mai 2003, 07:29:2116/05/2003
Ok, I'm trying to figure out a possible use for the !Salubri (no luck
so far),
and started wondering about how Blissful Agony interacts with some
cards. There was some discussion about this and queued combat in this
group a while back, but reading that thread still left me a bit
confused.

So, case by case: Vampire A is acting, Vampire B is a blocking
!Salubri.

a) A strikes with (some) combat ends, B strikes with BA. Does the BA
effect still kick in? (I assume yes, the first CE should not cancel
the queued combat)

b) A strikes hands, B strikes BA. A plays Psyche!. What happens? (two
possibilities: either Psyche cancels the queued combat, or the BA
effect happens after the combat resolves. Not sure on this one.)

c) A strikes hands, B strikes BA. A plays Telepathic Tracking. What
happens? (I think there was a ruling that TT cancels any queued
combats, but not sure...)

And while we're on it, what happens if:

d) A !Salubri is acting and in combat with, say, a Gangrel. !Salubri
plays BA, Gangrel flashes claws and plays Rotschrek. What happens now?
(again, not sure, though I suspect that Rotschrek wins and cancels the
BA effect).

As an aside, the !Salubri do seem to be pretty useless. Horrible
discipline spread and vampires, combat cards cost blood which is
already in short supply, vulnerable to just about anything. Anyone
have any luck with this clan?

//Petri

LSJ

non lue,
16 mai 2003, 08:14:4216/05/2003
Petri Wessman wrote:
> So, case by case: Vampire A is acting, Vampire B is a blocking
> !Salubri.
>
> a) A strikes with (some) combat ends, B strikes with BA. Does the BA
> effect still kick in? (I assume yes, the first CE should not cancel
> the queued combat)

Correct.

> b) A strikes hands, B strikes BA. A plays Psyche!. What happens? (two
> possibilities: either Psyche cancels the queued combat, or the BA
> effect happens after the combat resolves. Not sure on this one.)

Psyche! cannot be played, since the already-resolved BA has queued
a combat. [RTR 01-MAY-2002]

> c) A strikes hands, B strikes BA. A plays Telepathic Tracking. What
> happens? (I think there was a ruling that TT cancels any queued
> combats, but not sure...)

Correct. [RTR 01-MAY-2002]

> And while we're on it, what happens if:
>
> d) A !Salubri is acting and in combat with, say, a Gangrel. !Salubri
> plays BA, Gangrel flashes claws and plays Rotschrek. What happens now?
> (again, not sure, though I suspect that Rotschrek wins and cancels the
> BA effect).

Rötschreck wins by the fact that it resolves before you get to strike
resolution (and therefore the BA never resolves), yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Stone

non lue,
17 mai 2003, 05:18:1917/05/2003

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3EC4D632...@white-wolf.com...
> Petri Wessman wrote:
(snip)

> > c) A strikes hands, B strikes BA. A plays Telepathic Tracking. What
> > happens? (I think there was a ruling that TT cancels any queued
> > combats, but not sure...)
>
> Correct. [RTR 01-MAY-2002]

It has been ruled that TT cannot be played in the case of Illusions of the
Kindred.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3DE614DB.F7BED002%40
white-wolf.com

So Telepathic Tracking can be played in the case of Blissful Agony, but not
with Illusions of the Kindred?

Stone

Charles Lechasseur

non lue,
17 mai 2003, 19:45:4517/05/2003
In article <ba4ud8$pul$1...@news-reader14.wanadoo.fr>, "Stone"
<mc_judg...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

it would seem logical that Telepathic Tracking could be played with
Illusions of the Kindred too. TT doesn't queue a new combat: it melery
keeps the current combat going.

--
charles lechasseur - bunsen...@yahoo.com

LSJ

non lue,
19 mai 2003, 08:56:0619/05/2003
Stone wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> 3EC4D632...@white-wolf.com...
>
>>Petri Wessman wrote:
>
> (snip)
>
>>>c) A strikes hands, B strikes BA. A plays Telepathic Tracking. What
>>>happens? (I think there was a ruling that TT cancels any queued
>>>combats, but not sure...)
>>
>>Correct. [RTR 01-MAY-2002]
>

> It has been ruled that TT cannot be played in the case of Illusions of the
> Kindred.
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3DE614DB.F7BED002%40
> white-wolf.com

Try the shorter link to avoid splitting URLs:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3DE614DB.F7BED002%40white-wolf.com

> So Telepathic Tracking can be played in the case of Blissful Agony, but not
> with Illusions of the Kindred?

That ruling was in error, as indicated by the assignment of a
"combat-starter" descriptor to TT. TT isn't a combat-starter.
My apologies for the error.

salem

non lue,
19 mai 2003, 09:55:4619/05/2003
On Mon, 19 May 2003 08:56:06 -0400, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
scrawled:

>Stone wrote:
[snip]

>> So Telepathic Tracking can be played in the case of Blissful Agony, but not
>> with Illusions of the Kindred?
>
>That ruling was in error, as indicated by the assignment of a
>"combat-starter" descriptor to TT. TT isn't a combat-starter.
>My apologies for the error.

so.....TT CAN be played when someone tries to end combat with
Illusions of the Kindred, but cards that want to start up a NEW combat
(psyche, Fast reaction, Hidden Lurker, Status perfectus, etc) can NOT
be played, because Illusions has already queued up a new combat to
start?

just trying to get this sorted out comprehensively.
thanks.

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

LSJ