18 Stupid Things to do with Reality [FN Spoiler]

1 vue

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
12 juin 2001, 14:59:0112/06/2001
Card text for Reality follows, so be careful if you don't want to
see it.

Reality
Chimerstry
3 blood
[chi]: (D) Put Reality on a younger vampire. The vampire with this card cannot
be the target of (D) actions, cannot act (except to burn this card), cannot
block and cannot cast votes. That vampire can burn Reality as a +1 stealth
action.
<CHI>: (D) Move a tapped younger vampire to his or her controller's
uncontrolled region. The vampire's blood counters, master cards, and minion
cards stay with that vampire, with any counters they have on them (those cards
are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

It strikes me that Reality (inferior) can serve rather nicely to _protect_
a vampire, rather than hose it.

What can one do with a Realitied vampire? Sticking to the in-clan
disciplines:

1- Ignis Fatuus. Reduce stealth on another minion's behalf, or reduce bleed.
2- Draba (superior). Like Veiled Sight without requiring a block attempt.
3- Guard Dogs. Not super-useful as he can't block, but could set up something
else.
4- Rat's Warning. As Guard Dogs.
5- Shilmulo Deception. This is pretty good. Set up an unrushable, unhosable
combat monkey, block with someone else, combat with the Realitied fellow.

Things that don't require Disciplines:

6- Pool Monkey. Blood Doll + Palatial Estate + Reality = sweet.
7- Bleed Reducer with Banner of Neutrality.
8- Designated Starshell Launcher.
9- Delaying Tactics.

Going to off-clan disciplines, your options once ensconced in your Fortress
of Solitude expand greatly:

10- Fast Reaction Thug.
11- Hidden Lurker Thug.
12- Cloak the Gathering platform.
13- Deflector.
14- Telepathic Misdirector.
15- Telepathic Counterer.
16- Obediencer (after Shilmulo Deception).

And if you want to get dumb:

17- Malkavian Rider Clause.

Extra Bonus Dumb:

18- Regent keep-away -- you don't get to use it, but neither does anyone
else.

gomi
--
Yes, I believe but I'd rather not pray
What I believe in I'd rather not say, baby

Jim Parker

non lue,
13 juin 2001, 09:49:5313/06/2001

19 - Reality your Famed 2 cap vampire who is continually rescued and
beaten back into torpor. Same "bonus" as Regent :)

theventrue

non lue,
13 juin 2001, 20:47:3413/06/2001

"Jim Parker" <jack...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I only did that a few times in the third round of sydcon. :)

Jim Parker

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 00:54:4414/06/2001
> > 19 - Reality your Famed 2 cap vampire who is continually rescued and
> > beaten back into torpor. Same "bonus" as Regent :)
>
> I only did that a few times in the third round of sydcon. :)

:p

Philippe Richer

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 18:23:0614/06/2001
go...@best.com (Gomi no Sensei) wrote:
>Card text for Reality follows, so be careful if you don't want to
>see it.
>

>[chi]: (D) Put Reality on a younger vampire. The vampire with this card cannot
>be the target of (D) actions, cannot act (except to burn this card), cannot
>block and cannot cast votes. That vampire can burn Reality as a +1 stealth
>action.
>
>It strikes me that Reality (inferior) can serve rather nicely to _protect_
>a vampire, rather than hose it.
>
>What can one do with a Realitied vampire? Sticking to the in-clan
>disciplines:

Would all be wonderful if it wasn't a D action.

So unless you plan to play it on a vamp temporarily controlled by another
methuselah (which could mean about to be tempted to your control), or on Uriah
Winter (and you can keep him), those nice tricks are not possible.

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 18:27:3914/06/2001
In article <tiida7t...@corp.supernews.com>,
Philippe Richer <leg...@generation.net> wrote:

>Would all be wonderful if it wasn't a D action.

Without explicit restrictions, which Reality lacks, actions are usable
on things you control. The D is only reminder text -- if using Reality
on a vampire controlled by another Methuselah, the action is directed;
if used on a vampire you control, Reality is undirected.

Reyda

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 18:39:2814/06/2001

"Philippe Richer" <leg...@generation.net>
(snip things about reality)

> Would all be wonderful if it wasn't a D action.
>
> So unless you plan to play it on a vamp temporarily controlled by another
> methuselah (which could mean about to be tempted to your control), or on
Uriah
> Winter (and you can keep him), those nice tricks are not possible.

Hep ! i just want to warn you, before gomi comes for a little spanking, that
you actually can do a lot of D actions against yourself. They become Non
directed actions then. The simplest example is diablerie, which can be
performed against ennemies (D) or at home (undirected), with a bonus +1
stealth -in this case Prey and Predator have the opportunity to intercept
you.

the (D)irected symbol is only a reminder of who can block.

reyda

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 18:53:5714/06/2001
In article <9gbe15$ih7$1...@hadron.noos.net>, Reyda <re...@noos.fr> wrote:

>Hep ! i just want to warn you, before gomi comes for a little spanking, that
>you actually can do a lot of D actions against yourself. They become Non
>directed actions then. The simplest example is diablerie, which can be
>performed against ennemies (D) or at home (undirected), with a bonus +1
>stealth -in this case Prey and Predator have the opportunity to intercept
>you.

M'sieu Reyda, I must tell you that actions only have +1 stealth if they
say they do, and their directedness does not change it at all. Alas,
Reality at home is a 0-stealth undirected action.

LSJ

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 19:18:3614/06/2001
Reyda wrote:
> the (D)irected symbol is only a reminder of who can block.

It's only a reminder symbol that the action is "usually" directed. [6.2.2.2]
*Being* directed (or not) is what indicates who can block.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 19:40:5214/06/2001
Gomi no Sensei wrote:
> In article <9gbe15$ih7$1...@hadron.noos.net>, Reyda <re...@noos.fr> wrote:
> >Hep ! i just want to warn you, before gomi comes for a little spanking, that
> >you actually can do a lot of D actions against yourself. They become Non
> >directed actions then. The simplest example is diablerie, which can be
> >performed against ennemies (D) or at home (undirected), with a bonus +1
> >stealth -in this case Prey and Predator have the opportunity to intercept
> >you.
>
> M'sieu Reyda, I must tell you that actions only have +1 stealth if they
> say they do, and their directedness does not change it at all. Alas,
> Reality at home is a 0-stealth undirected action.

Reyda is correct: self-directed diablerie has +1 stealth.

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 19:45:3114/06/2001
In article <3B294B84...@white-wolf.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>Gomi no Sensei wrote:
>> In article <9gbe15$ih7$1...@hadron.noos.net>, Reyda <re...@noos.fr> wrote:
>> >Hep ! i just want to warn you, before gomi comes for a little spanking, that
>> >you actually can do a lot of D actions against yourself. They become Non
>> >directed actions then. The simplest example is diablerie, which can be
>> >performed against ennemies (D) or at home (undirected), with a bonus +1
>> >stealth -in this case Prey and Predator have the opportunity to intercept
>> >you.
>>
>> M'sieu Reyda, I must tell you that actions only have +1 stealth if they
>> say they do, and their directedness does not change it at all. Alas,
>> Reality at home is a 0-stealth undirected action.
>
>Reyda is correct: self-directed diablerie has +1 stealth.

D'oh; I misread him and thought he meant (D) actions automagically gained
+1 stealth if undirected, and missed his specific example, which is as
you state.

Not paying a lick of attention today; I think I'll shut up until I can
actually read all the Big Words.

Robert Goudie

non lue,
14 juin 2001, 19:51:3014/06/2001
"Gomi no Sensei" <go...@best.com> wrote in message
> D'oh; I misread him [clip]

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010614/en/britain_homer_simpson_1.html

-Robert

Jason Bell

non lue,
15 juin 2001, 03:01:2515/06/2001

"Gomi no Sensei" <go...@best.com> wrote
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> >Reyda is correct: self-directed diablerie has +1 stealth.
>
> D'oh; I misread him and thought he meant (D) actions automagically gained
> +1 stealth if undirected, and missed his specific example, which is as
> you state.
>
> Not paying a lick of attention today; I think I'll shut up until I can
> actually read all the Big Words.

Just to think, somone making a mistake when he fails
to read a specific example in text he is responding to.

Wow, if someone besides you did that, I bet they
would have an obscenity laced flame coming their way
from your direction.

- Jason Bell

Chris Shorb

non lue,
16 juin 2001, 02:00:5916/06/2001
Is Sensory Deprivation a (D) action? or is it only blockable by the
acting meth's immediate neighbors?

Chris

--
chris shorb
<www.vtesinla.org> (A V:TES site in development)

LSJ

non lue,
16 juin 2001, 06:40:1316/06/2001
Chris Shorb wrote:

> Is Sensory Deprivation a (D) action? or is it only blockable by the
> acting meth's immediate neighbors?

If it meets the definition of directed in 6.2.2.1, then it is directed.
(sorry for the mis-citation in the quote below, but apparently it didn't matter).

If it is directed, then it is blockable by the target. [6.2.2.1]

Chris Shorb

non lue,
17 juin 2001, 01:12:0217/06/2001
My Bad, did not include situation.

A attempts to Sens Dep Pred's minion. A's Prey can block? I think now
no, but we played it yes, since Sens Dep (even the new FN one) has no
(D) reminder text. Are there other cards which could use the (D)
reminder text, but don't have it?

Chris

LSJ

non lue,
17 juin 2001, 06:48:2917/06/2001
Chris Shorb wrote:

> My Bad, did not include situation.
>
> A attempts to Sens Dep Pred's minion. A's Prey can block? I think now
> no, but we played it yes, since Sens Dep (even the new FN one) has no
> (D) reminder text.

Per [6.2.2.1], the answer is explicitly no, unless A's prey is the target
(or unless A is Sens. Depp'ing one of her own vampires).

That's why I include references every now and then - so people can find
the reason why an answer is so, and can find a starting place to look
for the answers to further questions.

> Are there other cards which could use the (D)
> reminder text, but don't have it?

Possibly. Per 6.2.2.1, though, it doesn't matter. The (D) symbol is just
a reminder and has no effect on the game.

Hollowboy

non lue,
14 juil. 2001, 01:28:5814/07/2001
go...@best.com (Gomi no Sensei) wrote in message news:<9gbdor$2iij$1...@nntp1.ba.best.com>...

> In article <tiida7t...@corp.supernews.com>,
> Philippe Richer <leg...@generation.net> wrote:
>
> >Would all be wonderful if it wasn't a D action.
>
> Without explicit restrictions, which Reality lacks, actions are usable
> on things you control. The D is only reminder text -- if using Reality
> on a vampire controlled by another Methuselah, the action is directed;
> if used on a vampire you control, Reality is undirected.
>
> gomi

Going back to the 'blood monkey' idea...

The Rack would be better than Palatial Estate, wouldnt it?

You could just pop it, and a pair of blood dolls on the Reality
'vivtim', and no-one would be allowed to take the D action to steal
The Rack...

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
14 juil. 2001, 08:08:3714/07/2001
"Hollowboy" <icantbelievehollow...@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:614f2a39.01071...@posting.google.com...

How's that? The Rack doesn't actually go on the vampire, like a palatial
estate/fame/discipline etc. It is actually an independent location. Just
while it is in play, it's effects are only usable for 1 vampire.

Aaron

BernieTime

non lue,
14 juil. 2001, 10:26:4214/07/2001
Except that The Rack does not reside on any Vampire.
It comes into your play region and targets a Vampire,
so yes it can still be stolen.

Bernie

LSJ

non lue,
14 juil. 2001, 14:44:5214/07/2001
>===== Original Message From berni...@aol.com (BernieTime) =====

Bernie's correct, but also note that Reality doesn't protect the cards on
the
vampire from being targetted by (D) actions, only the vampire himself.
So a Palatial Estate on the vampire could be burned by an Arson, for
instance.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

AlamutBuilder

non lue,
29 juil. 2001, 18:22:5329/07/2001
LSJ <vte...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message news:<3B5F...@MailAndNews.com>...

> >===== Original Message From berni...@aol.com (BernieTime) =====
> >Except that The Rack does not reside on any Vampire.
> >It comes into your play region and targets a Vampire,
> >so yes it can still be stolen.
> >
> >Bernie
> >
> >>Going back to the 'blood monkey' idea...
> >>
> >>The Rack would be better than Palatial Estate, wouldnt it?
> >>
> >>You could just pop it, and a pair of blood dolls on the Reality
> >>'vivtim', and no-one would be allowed to take the D action to steal
> >>The Rack...
> >

> Bernie's correct, but also note that Reality doesn't protect the cards on
> the
> vampire from being targetted by (D) actions, only the vampire himself.
> So a Palatial Estate on the vampire could be burned by an Arson, for
> instance.

Ouch, I think the stupid things you can do on a reality-ed vampire just fizzled

0 nouveau message