Condemnation: Betrayed Q (and two misc. bloodlines Qs)

0 vue

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 10:09:3107/12/2001
Card text: "Put this card on a ready minion. Bleed actions cost
the minion with this card an additional blood."

If you put this card on an ally, is it unable to bleed (since it
can't pay the additional blood)?

Also, why are some of the new allies able to play "discipline X"
cards as vampires of capacities other than their starting life?
Just going for some added potential complexity? (eg High Top
starts with 3 life but can play Celerity cards as if he were a
vampire of capacity 4; Rock Cat starts with 4 life but can play
Potence cards as if a vampire of capacity 3.)

And: I had been under the impression that the "policy" for cards
that can be used as different cardtypes at different levels of
the appropriate discipline was to give them the background for
the type they were usable as at the inferior level (if that
sentence is readable). However, Elemental Stoicism is printed
as an action, although its inferior for/obf effect (and its
inferior for effect) are usable only as a combat card. Why is
this? Or is it a mistake, or is my "policy" interpretation
wrong?

thanks,

Josh

LSJ

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 10:22:3607/12/2001
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> Card text: "Put this card on a ready minion. Bleed actions cost
> the minion with this card an additional blood."
>
> If you put this card on an ally, is it unable to bleed (since it
> can't pay the additional blood)?

Right. Unless it can play, say, dominate cards as a vampire...,
in which case it could burn a blood (life) to play Scouting Mission,
for instance.

> Also, why are some of the new allies able to play "discipline X"
> cards as vampires of capacities other than their starting life?

You mean like that "new" ally Shadow Court Satyr?

Capacity has nothing to do with life.
It is an indication of how the ally is able to use that discipline.

> And: I had been under the impression that the "policy" for cards
> that can be used as different cardtypes at different levels of
> the appropriate discipline was to give them the background for
> the type they were usable as at the inferior level (if that
> sentence is readable). However, Elemental Stoicism is printed
> as an action, although its inferior for/obf effect (and its
> inferior for effect) are usable only as a combat card. Why is
> this? Or is it a mistake, or is my "policy" interpretation
> wrong?

The latter. (There is no policy)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
7 déc. 2001, 12:22:1407/12/2001

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Joshua Duffin wrote:

> > Also, why are some of the new allies able to play "discipline X"
> > cards as vampires of capacities other than their starting life?
>
> You mean like that "new" ally Shadow Court Satyr?

Yes. And, um, Rafastio Ghoul. Was I supposed to be paying
attention? ;-)

> > Elemental Stoicism is printed
> > as an action, although its inferior for/obf effect (and its
> > inferior for effect) are usable only as a combat card. Why is
> > this? Or is it a mistake, or is my "policy" interpretation
> > wrong?
>
> The latter. (There is no policy)

But there should be! Everything needs a policy. How do you/
they do it then, just whatever looks prettiest with the art or
seems most appropriate somehow?

Josh

policy wonk

0 nouveau message