LotN Compel the Spirit reprint question and silly error

බැලීම් 24
පළමු නොකියවූ පණිවිඩය දක්වා මඟ හරින්න

Jozxyqk

නොකියවූ,
2007 සැප් 30, 21.18.422007-09-30
සිට
So, after today's release event, I picked up one of each starter.

After noticing the new artwork for Compel the Spirit in the Giovanni starter,
I noticed 2 things:

1) The last sentence says:
"If it is a retainer is chosen..."

How did that get past the editing phase? ! :)

2)
Excerpt from old text:
"Move X life counters from the blood bank to the card, where X is the number
of life printed on the card."

Excerpt from new text:
"...move it to your ready region with X life from the blood bank, where X is
the starting life..."

Does this new text finally allow us to play Compel the Spirit on Shambling
Hordes?
It seems like "yes", since it is not "moving" life but is more of a reminder
of how much life it has.

LSJ

නොකියවූ,
2007 සැප් 30, 21.54.302007-09-30
සිට
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Excerpt from old [Compel the Spirit] text:

> "Move X life counters from the blood bank to the card, where X is the number
> of life printed on the card."
>
> Excerpt from new text:
> "...move it to your ready region with X life from the blood bank, where X is
> the starting life..."
>
> Does this new text finally allow us to play Compel the Spirit on Shambling
> Hordes?
> It seems like "yes", since it is not "moving" life but is more of a reminder
> of how much life it has.

The text means that it still works, like it did before.

The Lasombra

නොකියවූ,
2007 සැප් 30, 23.32.052007-09-30
සිට
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:18:42 -0500, Jozxyqk wrote:

>How did that get past the editing phase? ! :)

The editor has been demoted, and now works exclusively in sales.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

Jozxyqk

නොකියවූ,
2007 ඔක් 1, 06.00.432007-10-01
සිට

Huh.
I thought I had remembered that Compel+Horde didn't work, but after some google
searching, I found that I was wrong.

I guess what I was thinking of was Heaven's Gate.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/165726c030ac23e2

Why does Compel the Spirit work on Shambling Hordes (with old text),
but Heaven's Gate does not?
The difference is almost purely between the words "Move" and "Put".

witness1

නොකියවූ,
2007 ඔක් 1, 08.37.482007-10-01
සිට
On Oct 1, 6:00 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

> LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Jozxyqk wrote:
> > > Excerpt from old [Compel the Spirit] text:
> > > "Move X life counters from the blood bank to the card, where X is the number
> > > of life printed on the card."
>
> > > Excerpt from new text:
> > > "...move it to your ready region with X life from the blood bank, where X is
> > > the starting life..."
>
> > > Does this new text finally allow us to play Compel the Spirit on Shambling
> > > Hordes?
> > > It seems like "yes", since it is not "moving" life but is more of a reminder
> > > of how much life it has.
> > The text means that it still works, like it did before.
>
> Huh.
> I thought I had remembered that Compel+Horde didn't work, but after some google
> searching, I found that I was wrong.
>
> I guess what I was thinking of was Heaven's Gate.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/1657...

> Why does Compel the Spirit work on Shambling Hordes (with old text),
> but Heaven's Gate does not?
> The difference is almost purely between the words "Move" and "Put".

The difference is that Compel the Spirit is putting a card into play
(the Hordes have to be able to gain their starting life when they
enter play, or the card wouldn't work at all), but Heaven's Gate
prevents them from leaving play in the first place (and tries to put a
life on the card already in play, which is disallowed by Shambling
Hordes' card text).

witness1

Orpheus

නොකියවූ,
2007 ඔක් 16, 06.24.542007-10-16
සිට

Ok, that I knew. Now, I'd like to know if the "starting life" on a Shambling
now means overseeds "normal version" and that a compelled Shambling will
have 4 lives if it first came into the game with NEC ?
--
Orpheus
--------------------

LSJ

නොකියවූ,
2007 ඔක් 16, 06.36.242007-10-16
සිට
Orpheus wrote:
> Ok, that I knew. Now, I'd like to know if the "starting life" on a Shambling
> now means overseeds "normal version" and that a compelled Shambling will
> have 4 lives if it first came into the game with NEC ?

No. Compelled doesn't look at requirements, so it always uses the basic version.

නව පණිවිඩ 0