tournament question

1 vue

Cartman

non lue,
2 nov. 2001, 19:13:3202/11/2001
Since the pre-release tournament won't be a real "draft", but a sort of
mixed constructed-draft one, will NRA tourney rule be applied?
Thanx

Kevin M.

non lue,
2 nov. 2001, 23:19:2602/11/2001

"Cartman" <federi...@libero.it> wrote in message

> Since the pre-release tournament won't be a real "draft", but a sort of
> mixed constructed-draft one, will NRA tourney rule be applied?
> Thanx

6.1. Constructed Formats
The V:EKN sanctions only one constructed format: Standard Constructed.

6.4. Special Floor Rules for ***Constructed*** Tournaments
6.4.1. No Repeat Actions
[snip explanation of NRA]

IANLSJ, but if your pre-release is not "Standard Constructed" -- and it cannot
possibly be, I don't think -- then NRA does not apply.

Kevin M., Prince of Madison, WI
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

Reyda

non lue,
2 nov. 2001, 00:08:5802/11/2001

"Kevin M." <kjme...@PLEASENOSPAMMEhome.com> a écrit dans le message news:
ifKE7.117227$My2.65...@news1.mntp1.il.home.com...

> "Cartman" <federi...@libero.it> wrote in message
> > Since the pre-release tournament won't be a real "draft", but a sort of
> > mixed constructed-draft one, will NRA tourney rule be applied?
> > Thanx
> >

> 6.1. Constructed Formats
> The V:EKN sanctions only one constructed format: Standard Constructed.
>
> 6.4. Special Floor Rules for ***Constructed*** Tournaments
> 6.4.1. No Repeat Actions
> [snip explanation of NRA]
>
> IANLSJ, but if your pre-release is not "Standard Constructed" -- and it
cannot
> possibly be, I don't think -- then NRA does not apply.

You are correct on this. NRA is for VEKN constructed tournament only.

However few people noticed that... during the Final night prerelease
tournament, i could have killed two preys in a row using a Bleed with
laptop, move laptop to another minion with heidelberg, Force of will to
bleed again, bleed with new laptop bearer, force of will for a total of 11
bleed without even using the Fata morganas...
Next time i'll be more attentive to the rules, and i'll eventually win (who
knows ?)

reyda

Michael F. Tomkins

non lue,
3 nov. 2001, 07:27:1203/11/2001

Only that Heidelberg is between ready vamps, and can't be used during an
action.

So is there an opportunity to move with Heidelberg after the action
(which is when the FOW damage is applied by FOW card text) and the Vamp
making torpor?

--
die netzaddresse die Michael F. Tomkins
ich vorher gab war falsch. m.to...@student.canberra.edu.au

arwall

non lue,
3 nov. 2001, 08:09:0403/11/2001
"Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote in message news:<9rvu8c$64$1...@neon.noos.net>...

> However few people noticed that... during the Final night prerelease
> tournament, i could have killed two preys in a row using a Bleed with
> laptop, move laptop to another minion with heidelberg, Force of will to
> bleed again, bleed with new laptop bearer, force of will for a total of 11
> bleed without even using the Fata morganas...
> Next time i'll be more attentive to the rules, and i'll eventually win (who
> knows ?)

it will be a great improvement to your play . :)

david de grenoble

> reyda

Reyda

non lue,
2 nov. 2001, 08:08:5902/11/2001

"Michael F. Tomkins" <m.to...@student.canberra.edu.au> a écrit dans le
message news: m.tomkins-1A634...@newshost.anu.edu.au...
(SNIP)

> > > IANLSJ, but if your pre-release is not "Standard Constructed" -- and
it
> > cannot
> > > possibly be, I don't think -- then NRA does not apply.
> >
> > You are correct on this. NRA is for VEKN constructed tournament only.
> >
> > However few people noticed that... during the Final night prerelease
> > tournament, i could have killed two preys in a row using a Bleed with
> > laptop, move laptop to another minion with heidelberg, Force of will to
> > bleed again, bleed with new laptop bearer, force of will for a total of
> > 11
> > bleed without even using the Fata morganas...
> > Next time i'll be more attentive to the rules, and i'll eventually win
> > (who
> > knows ?)
> >
> > reyda
>
> Only that Heidelberg is between ready vamps, and can't be used during an
> action.

That's EXACTLY why i wrote "bleed with laptop", then "move laptop" and then
"Force of will bleed"....
(i don't know how you missed that. read other people's post more carefully
next time ;) )

> So is there an opportunity to move with Heidelberg after the action

going to torpor is still part of the action imho.

Michael F. Tomkins

non lue,
3 nov. 2001, 22:00:3603/11/2001
In article <9s0qch$8id$1...@neon.noos.net>, "Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote:

> That's EXACTLY why i wrote "bleed with laptop", then "move laptop" and
> then
> "Force of will bleed"....
> (i don't know how you missed that. read other people's post more
> carefully
> next time ;) )

Ok (opps, missed that)

> > So is there an opportunity to move with Heidelberg after the action
>
> going to torpor is still part of the action imho.

I disagree, by card text the damage is applied after the action, and I
thought you could order any similtanous phase effects. eg votercap and
freakdrive (awe emptied your vamp during a successful vote) or anarch
revolt and gaining pool from the edge.

--
CT1/2 iv+ u+ c1/2/5 r- f+ h- p++ o--- s+ d+ y+
Never lick a gift horse in the mouth.

James Coupe

non lue,
4 nov. 2001, 06:40:4804/11/2001
In message <m.tomkins-BD9B6...@newshost.anu.edu.au>,

Michael F. Tomkins <m.to...@student.canberra.edu.au> writes:
>> > So is there an opportunity to move with Heidelberg after the action
>>
>> going to torpor is still part of the action imho.
>
>I disagree, by card text the damage is applied after the action, and I
>thought you could order any similtanous phase effects. eg votercap and
>freakdrive (awe emptied your vamp during a successful vote) or anarch
>revolt and gaining pool from the edge.

[LSJ 20010715]

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B57EF6E%40MailAndNews.com

">Random vampire takes some action that causes her to be tapped. She
>then uses Force of Will to bleed. She burns a blood to PERFORM the FoW
>action, then the action takes place. AFTER the action is completed,

after it is resolved, actually.

>according to FoW text ("Damage occurs after the action or combat is
>resolved."), she takes agg damage, sending her to torpor (and possibly
>taking an additional agg damage)."

The distinction between the two suggests that the damage occurs during
the action - in a gap between end of resolution but before end of action
- hence torporisation occurs during the action, hence Heidelberg cannot
be used.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
4 nov. 2001, 08:36:4204/11/2001
James Coupe wrote:

> >> going to torpor is still part of the action imho.
> >
> >I disagree, by card text the damage is applied after the action, and I
> >thought you could order any similtanous phase effects. eg votercap and
> >freakdrive (awe emptied your vamp during a successful vote) or anarch
> >revolt and gaining pool from the edge.
>
> [LSJ 20010715]
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B57EF6E%40MailAndNews.com
>
> ">Random vampire takes some action that causes her to be tapped. She
> >then uses Force of Will to bleed. She burns a blood to PERFORM the FoW
> >action, then the action takes place. AFTER the action is completed,
>
> after it is resolved, actually.
>
> >according to FoW text ("Damage occurs after the action or combat is
> >resolved."), she takes agg damage, sending her to torpor (and possibly
> >taking an additional agg damage)."
>
> The distinction between the two suggests that the damage occurs during
> the action - in a gap between end of resolution but before end of action
> - hence torporisation occurs during the action, hence Heidelberg cannot
> be used.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message