Kindred Coercion

3 vues

Orpheus

non lue,
10 juil. 2002, 17:01:2910/07/2002
Can you use it (in sup) to change in your favor the votes of a vampire who
abstained from voting ?

LSJ

non lue,
10 juil. 2002, 17:41:1010/07/2002
Orpheus wrote:

> Can you use it (in sup) to change in your favor the votes of a vampire who
> abstained from voting ?

No.

You can only change the way a vampire votes (yea or nay). You can't march
the vampire to the forum and make him cast his votes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
10 juil. 2002, 17:49:4710/07/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Orpheus wrote:
> >
> > Can you use it (in sup) to change in your favor the votes of a vampire
who
> > abstained from voting ?
>
> No.
>
> You can only change the way a vampire votes (yea or nay). You can't march
> the vampire to the forum and make him cast his votes.

Why not? It seems like it would make sense (though it would
reverse precedent) for this to work. Likewise Astrid Thomas
could force any Tremere in the game to vote as she does,
rather than letting them abstain if they want - seems like that
would be more in the spirit of what the designers had in mind.

It's legal to Telepathic Vote Counting (or Demonstration or
Quentin) to "cancel" the votes of a vampire who's currently
already abstaining, right? So why not to "force" the votes
of a vampire currently abstaining? I can't see any major
problems with allowing it, and I don't think it'd be out of
flavor for Dominate (or Kindred Manipulation) to be able to
march a voter down to the forum. :-)

Josh

forced avotening

James Coupe

non lue,
10 juil. 2002, 20:50:1410/07/2002
In message <agia5u$lt5qq$1...@ID-121616.news.dfncis.de>, Joshua Duffin

<jtdu...@yahoo.com> writes:
>It's legal to Telepathic Vote Counting (or Demonstration or
>Quentin) to "cancel" the votes of a vampire who's currently
>already abstaining, right?

Not quite.

Telepathic Vote Counting forces a vampire to abstain. It *can* cancel
the vampire's votes - if the vampire is already voting. It doesn't
cancel the votes of a vampire who is currently abstaining, because there
are no votes to cancel.

--
James Coupe
PGP 0x5D623D5D I am woman. Here, me raw.

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
11 juil. 2002, 10:26:1011/07/2002

"James Coupe" <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote in message

> In message <agia5u$lt5qq$1...@ID-121616.news.dfncis.de>, Joshua Duffin
> <jtdu...@yahoo.com> writes:
> >It's legal to Telepathic Vote Counting (or Demonstration or
> >Quentin) to "cancel" the votes of a vampire who's currently
> >already abstaining, right?
>
> Not quite.
>
> Telepathic Vote Counting forces a vampire to abstain. It *can* cancel
> the vampire's votes - if the vampire is already voting. It doesn't
> cancel the votes of a vampire who is currently abstaining, because there
> are no votes to cancel.

Right, TVC is now written "abstains from voting". Quentin and
Demonstration still say "cancel the votes of any vampire".

So, can they be used on a vampire not currently casting any votes
it may or may not possess? And if so, why not superior Kindred
Coercion on a vampire not currently casting any votes? If Quentin
and Demonstration work on "not currently voting" vampires then it
seems clear that inferior Kindred Coercion should also work -
"Cancel the votes of X vampires". And superior KC is written "As
above, but change the votes of the affected vampires to votes of
your choice". So it seems to me that it's intended to be usable
under the same circumstances as inferior Kindred Coercion, which
should be the same circumstances as Quentin or Demonstration.

LSJ? And, if Quentin/Demonstration can't be used on a "not
currently voting vampire", why not?

Josh

coercive

LSJ

non lue,
11 juil. 2002, 10:30:5511/07/2002
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> "James Coupe" <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote in message
> > In message <agia5u$lt5qq$1...@ID-121616.news.dfncis.de>, Joshua Duffin
> > <jtdu...@yahoo.com> writes:
> > >It's legal to Telepathic Vote Counting (or Demonstration or
> > >Quentin) to "cancel" the votes of a vampire who's currently
> > >already abstaining, right?
> >
> > Not quite.
> >
> > Telepathic Vote Counting forces a vampire to abstain. It *can* cancel
> > the vampire's votes - if the vampire is already voting. It doesn't
> > cancel the votes of a vampire who is currently abstaining, because there
> > are no votes to cancel.
>
> Right, TVC is now written "abstains from voting". Quentin and
> Demonstration still say "cancel the votes of any vampire".
>
> So, can they be used on a vampire not currently casting any votes
> it may or may not possess? And if so, why not superior Kindred

Yes.

> Coercion on a vampire not currently casting any votes? If Quentin

They can be. But that won't force the vampire to vote. It will only
set the state (yea or nay) of any votes the vampire does cast.

> and Demonstration work on "not currently voting" vampires then it
> seems clear that inferior Kindred Coercion should also work -
> "Cancel the votes of X vampires". And superior KC is written "As

'K

> above, but change the votes of the affected vampires to votes of
> your choice". So it seems to me that it's intended to be usable
> under the same circumstances as inferior Kindred Coercion, which
> should be the same circumstances as Quentin or Demonstration.

Yes. But none of them force the vampire to vote. Some force him to
abstain and others set/change the way the votes that are cast are
cast.

> LSJ? And, if Quentin/Demonstration can't be used on a "not
> currently voting vampire", why not?

Moot.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
11 juil. 2002, 22:42:3411/07/2002
>> above, but change the votes of the affected vampires to votes of
>> your choice". So it seems to me that it's intended to be usable
>> under the same circumstances as inferior Kindred Coercion, which
>> should be the same circumstances as Quentin or Demonstration.
>
>Yes. But none of them force the vampire to vote. Some force him to
>abstain and others set/change the way the votes that are cast are
>cast.

Just to make sure:

I take it that Astrid's ability trumps Kindred Coercion on some other Tremere?
Since:

Astrid's ability is "activated" when votes are tallied. [RTR 20001020]

Astrid votes in favor. Cardano votes (something). If you Coerce Cardano to vote
against, Astrid will cause him to vote her way when the vote is tallied?

Halcyan 2

LSJ

non lue,
12 juil. 2002, 07:39:1512/07/2002
Halcyan 2 wrote:
> I take it that Astrid's ability trumps Kindred Coercion on some other Tremere?
> Since:
>
> Astrid's ability is "activated" when votes are tallied. [RTR 20001020]
>
> Astrid votes in favor. Cardano votes (something). If you Coerce Cardano to vote
> against, Astrid will cause him to vote her way when the vote is tallied?

Yes.

Xian

non lue,
12 juil. 2002, 08:21:0112/07/2002

"Halcyan 2" <halc...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I take it that Astrid's ability trumps Kindred Coercion on some other Tremere?
> Since:
>
> Astrid's ability is "activated" when votes are tallied. [RTR 20001020]
>
> Astrid votes in favor. Cardano votes (something). If you Coerce Cardano to
vote
> against, Astrid will cause him to vote her way when the vote is tallied?

Of course, if Astrid (and other Tremere voters are on the table) and you're not
coercing Astrid, you're doing something wrong. :)

Xian

Halcyan 2

non lue,
12 juil. 2002, 09:30:4912/07/2002
>Of course, if Astrid (and other Tremere voters are on the table) and you're
>not
>coercing Astrid, you're doing something wrong. :)

Ok, fine. Astrid, Blythe the Prince of Rome, and Mustafa Tremere Justicar are
on the table. All you have is Luccia Paciola (so you can't Coerce Astrid since
she's older). Happy?

Halcyan 2

0 nouveau message