Text file for Quickstart rules third edition player's kit ?

Tetragrammaton

Feb 19, 2007, 4:12:53 AM2/19/07
Hello all -
i'm wondering if someone got the text file of the quickstart
rules included in the third edition starter kit.
I would like to translate that quickstart to italian, and the process would
be easier
starting from the text file with the help of a translator software.

thanks ina advance
Emiliano, vekn Prince of Rome

LSJ

Feb 19, 2007, 10:42:34 AM2/19/07
Tetragrammaton wrote:
> Hello all -
> i'm wondering if someone got the text file of the quickstart
> rules included in the third edition starter kit.
> I would like to translate that quickstart to italian, and the process would
> be easier
> starting from the text file with the help of a translator software.

This may not match the printed version exactly (this is taken from the
pre-editing, pre-proof version). But it should serve your purposes.

Quick Start Script.

For convenience, we'll assume the players' names are related to the clans
they're playing.
Seating: Brujah antitribu (Bruce), Tremere antitribu (Trey), Malkavian antitribu
(Malcolm) , Tzimisce (Tim)
NOTE: Square brackets give references to related sections of the rulebook.

Set up [2].
Each player begins with 30 pool (taking 30 counters from the blood bank).
Normally, each player would shuffle and allow his or her predator to cut both
decks. For this script, though, keep the decks in their original order.
Each player draws four crypt cards and seven library cards. The crypt cards are
placed face-down in the uncontrolled region.

Bruce's Uncontrolled Region: Smash, Alessandro Garcia, Father Juan Carlos, Urraca
Bruce's Hand: Undead Strength, On the Qui Vive, Increased Strength, Bewitching
Oration, Blood Doll, Torn Signpost, Amusement Park Hunting Ground
Trey's Uncontrolled Region: Frondator, Uta Kovacs, Lucubratio, Janine
Trey's Hand: Bonding, Walk of Flame, Threats, Strained Vitae Supply,
Apportation, Theft of Vitae, University Hunting Ground
Malcolm's Uncontrolled Region: Bloodfeud, Apache Jones, Beauregard Krueller,
White Lily
Malcolm's Hand: Swallowed by the Night, Blood Doll, Confusion, Telepathic
Counter, Palatial Estate, Glancing Blow, Mind Tricks
Tim's Uncontrolled Region: Radu Bistri, Laika, Yuri Kerezenski, Lady Zara Slatikov
Tim's Hand: Enhanced Senses, Horrid Form, Bonecraft, Auspex, Revenant, Forced
Awakening, Canine Horde

Turn 1. Bruce.
Untap phase [4]. No cards are in play, so there is nothing to untap.
Master phase [5]. You get one master phase action, which you could use to play a
master card (the cards with no icon at the top) [1.6.2]. The hunting ground
can't be played unless you have a ready Brujah antitribu, so you can't play it
yet [1.6.1.3]. The Blood Doll has to be played on a controlled vampire, so it
cannot be played, either.
Minion phase [6]. You have not put any minions into play.
Influence phase [7]. On this first turn, you get one transfer. Not enough to
bring any of your vampires out. Use this transfer to move a counter from your
pool to Smash (who stays face down until he gets three counters).
Discard phase [8]. You may discard one card. This turn, though, keep what you have.

Turn 2. Trey.
Untap phase. Nothing to untap.
Master phase. You get one master phase action. The hunting ground can't be
played unless you have a ready Tremere antitribu, so you can't play it yet. Put
Strained Vitae Supply in play [1.6.1.1], and draw a card from your library to
replace it [1.6.1.2]. The card you draw is Hand Intervention.
Minion phase. No minions.
Influence phase. This is the second turn, so you get two transfers. Use them to
move two counters from your pool to Lucubratio (who remains uncontrolled).
Discard phase. Keep what you have for now.

Turn 3. Malcolm.
Untap phase. Nothing to untap.
Master phase. Blood Doll cannot be played yet. Use your master phase action to
move a counter from your pool to the Strained Vitae Supply card.
Minion phase. No minions.
Influence phase. This is the third turn, so you get three transfers. Use them to
move two counters from your pool to Bloodfeud and one to Apache Jones. Bloodfeud
moves to your ready region [7], face up and untapped, with two blood. He can't
act this turn, though, since the minion phase has already passed.
Discard phase. Keep what you have for now.

Turn 4. Tim.
Untap phase. Nothing to untap.
Master phase. You could play Auspex on Bloodfeud. But that's probably not a good
idea now. And you're OK with the Strained Vitae Supply for now, so no reason to
spend a pool to help it go away.
Minion phase. No minions.
Influence phase. This is the fourth turn, so from now on, each Methuselah gets
the usual four transfers in his influence phases. Move three counters from your
pool to Laika and one to Yuri Kerezenski. Both remain uncontrolled, but will
require only four transfers each to enter play later.
Discard phase. Keep what you have for now.

Turn 5. Bruce.
Untap, master, and minion phases. Nothing to do (you've got a hunting ground
coming, so the Strained Vitae Supply doesn't worry you, either).
Influence phase. Move two counters to Smash and two to Father Juan. Smash moves
to your ready region.
Discard phase. Hold for now.

Turn 6. Trey.
Untap, master, and minion phases. Nothing to do.
Influence phase. Move four counters to Janine. Janine moves to your ready region.
Discard phase. Hold for now.

Turn 7. Malcolm.
Untap. Bloodfeud's already untapped.
Master. Play Blood Doll on Bloodfeud. Draw a card to replace it (Lost in
Crowds). You can use the Blood Doll immediately, so move a blood from Bloodfeud
to your pool.
Minion. Your prey, Tim, has no blockers, so now's a good time to bleed [6.1.1].
Remember, only the target of a directed action can attempt to block it
[6.2.2.1]. Tap Bloodfeud and announce the action [6.2.1], "Bloodfeud bleeds Tim
for 1." Since it is not blocked, the action succeeds. Bloodfeud doesn't have the
Discipline required to play Confusion, though, so the bleed amount remains at
one. Tim loses one pool (to the bank), and you get the Edge [1.2].
Influence. Move four counters to Apache Jones. That makes five, so he moves to
your ready region.
Discard. Hold for now.

Turn 8. Tim.
Untap, master, and minion phases. Nothing to do.
Influence phase. Move four counters to Yuri (you decide to bring him out first
so you can play your Auspex card sooner). Yuri moves to your ready region.
Discard. Hold for now.

Turn 9. Bruce.
Untap. Smash is already untapped.
Master. Play Blood Doll on Smash. Draw to replace it (Kine Resources Contested).
Use the Blood Doll to move one blood from Smash to your pool.
Minion. Smash attempts to take a political action to call Kine Resources
Contested [6.1.7]. Tap Smash and play the card. Draw to replace it (Voter
Captivation). The political action is undirected, so either your prey or
predator could block it [6.2.2.1]. It has a default of 1 stealth, so a blocker
would have to get +1 intercept to succeed in blocking [6.2.2.2]. Ask your prey,
Trey, first: "Do you block?". He cannot generate +1 intercept for Janine, so he
declines. Then ask your predator, Tim: "Do you block?". He could generate +1
intercept for Yuri and attempt to block, but he decides not to, since he has to
worry about his predator's two minions, and you're unlikely to hurt him much
with the referendum. So the action is successful. Now you just have to pass the
referendum [6.3.2].
The Referendum:
First, choose the terms of the referendum. You say "3 to Trey and 1 to Malcolm"
(you avoid hurting Tim, since his ready bishop, Yuri, gets a vote in the
referendum).
The political action card you played to start the action gives you a vote
[6.3.3], which you cast in favor (1 to 0).
Trey has a political action card in his hand, Hand Intervention. He burns it
(plays it straight to his ash heap) to gain a vote, which he casts against (1 to
1), hoping to make the referendum fail (tied referendums fail). He draws a card
to replace it (Redirection).
Tim casts his bishop's vote in favor to make it passing again (2 to 1).
Malcolm could burn the Edge to gain a vote, but he's about to gain a pool for
the Edge on his own turn, so he chooses not to.
After making sure that no one else wants to cast more votes (or play other
effects to affect the outcome), you announce that the referendum passes. Trey
loses three pool (to the bank) and Malcolm loses one pool.
The referendum passed by one, so you play Voter Captivation at the normal level
(Smash only has normal, not superior, Presence) to add one blood to Smash from
the bank (blood on a Blood Doll vampire is almost as good as pool, though). Draw
to replace it (Flash).
Influence. Move four counters to Father Juan. That makes six, so he moves to
your ready region.
Discard. Hold for now.

Turn 10. Trey.
Untap. Janine is already untapped.
Master. Pay two pool (to the bank) to put the University Hunting Ground in play
(in your ready region). Draw to replace it (Blood Doll).
Minion. Tap Janine and announce a bleed action: "Janine bleeds Malcolm for 1."
(Wait until after your prey has declined to block before increasing the bleed
amount with Threats). Malcolm uses Apache Jones to play Telepathic Counter. He
only has normal Auspex, though, so he plays it at the normal level to reduce the
bleed amount to zero. He draws to replace (Telepathic Misdirection). Note that
Apache doesn't tap to play the reaction card [1.6.3.6]. "Do you block?" you
remind him. Since it's just for zero and he would keep the Edge if the bleed is
for zero or less, he declines to block. Janine plays Threats at the normal level
for +1 bleed, making it a bleed of 1 again. Draw to replace it (another Walk of
Flame). Malcolm loses one pool, and you get the Edge (taking it from Malcolm).
Influence. Move four counters to Lucubratio, bringing him to six. He remains
uncontrolled.
Discard. Discard one of the Walk of Flame cards. Draw to replace it (Harass).

Turn 11. Malcolm.
Untap. Untap Bloodfeud. You don't have the Edge any more, so you don't gain a
pool for it [4].
Master. Since no one else seems interested in getting rid of the Strained Vitae
Supply, you'll try to get the Palatial Estate for Bloodfeud instead (paying all
four pool to the Strained Vitae Supply by yourself would be pretty expensive).
Use the Blood Doll to add one blood to Bloodfeud from your pool so he can pay
for the Estate.
Minion. Bloodfeud tries to get the Estate [6.1.3]. Tap him and say, "Bloodfeud
equips with the Palatial Estate at +1 stealth." Play the Palatial Estate and
replace (Mind Tricks). Equipping is an undirected action, so ask your prey, Tim,
first, "Do you block?". Tim says "Yuri attempts to block." Yuri doesn't tap
until the block is successful. The action has a default of +1 stealth, so Yuri
plays Enhanced Senses for +1 intercept (replacement: another Enhanced Senses).
Bloodfeud plays Swallowed by the Night at the normal level to get an additional
+1 stealth (replacement: Cloak the Gathering). Yuri cannot play the same
reaction card again this action [1.6.3.6], so he cannot gain more intercept. The
block fails. Then ask your predator, Trey, "Do you block this equip action at +2
stealth?" (the modifiers last for the whole action, by default). Janine is
tapped, so she'd have to untap and gain two intercept in order to block. Trey
says "I don't block." So the equip succeeds. Bloodfeud pays two blood for the
Estate, and the Estate is placed on him.
For your second action, Apache bleeds. Tap him and announce the action, "Apache
bleeds my prey for one." Yuri attempts to block, so Apache plays Confusion at
superior for +1 bleed and +1 stealth (replacement: Leather Jacket). Yuri plays
Enhanced Senses for +1 intercept (replacement: Body Arsenal). Apache plays Lost
in Crowds for another +1 stealth (replacement: Swallowed by the Night). Yuri
fails to block. Tim burns two pool (to the bank), and you get the Edge.
Influence. Move four counters to White Lily, who remains uncontrolled.
Discard. Discard a Mind Tricks (replacement: Escaped Mental Patient).

Turn 12. Tim.
Untap. Yuri's already untapped.
Master. Play Auspex on Yuri to give him the superior level of Auspex
(replacement: Guard Dogs).
Minion. Yuri attempts to employ a retainer [6.1.4]. Tap Yuri and play Revenent
(replacement: Drawing Out the Beast). Announce the action and ask for blocks
first from your prey and then from your predator: "Yuri employs a Revenant at +1
stealth. Do you block?" Both Bruce and Malcolm decline to block, so Yuri pays
one blood and the Revenant is placed on Yuri.
Influence. Move four counters to Laika. That makes seven, so she moves to your
ready region.
Discard. Discard Drawing Out the Beast (replacement: Library Hunting Ground).

Turn 13. Bruce.
Untap. Untap Smash.
Master. Use the Blood Doll to move one blood from Smash to your pool. Pay two
pool to play Amusement Park Hunting Ground (replacement: Sabbat Priest).
Minion. Father John taps to attempt to call Sabbat Priest (replacement: Bribes).
Trey declines to block. Yuri plays Forced Awakening and attempts to block
(replacement: Rumble). The block is successful, so Yuri taps and combat begins
[6.2.3].
Combat [6.4].
Before maneuvering, Father John plays Increased Strength and Torn Signpost
(replacements: Potence and Undead Strength). Yuri pays a blood to play Horrid
Form (replacement: Plasmic Form).
Range begins at close [6.4.2]. Father John declines to maneuver. Yuri declines
as well. So the range is close.
Each minion announces a strike [6.4.3]. Father John plays Undead Strength
(replacement: Voter Captivation) and announces his strike: "hands for four"
(strength of two from the Signpost, +1 from the Undead Strength, and +1 from the
Increased Strength). Yuri announces his strike: "hands for two" (strength of
one, +1 from the Horrid Form). Before resolving strikes, Yuri pays two blood to
play Body Arsenal to make his damage aggravated (replacement: Spirit's Touch).
Resolve damage [6.4.6]. Father John is wounded with the first point of
aggravated damage and burns one blood to prevent his destruction from the second
point. Yuri burns one blood to heal the first point of damage. He has no more
blood to heal the rest, though, so he is also wounded.
Both vampires go to torpor (ending combat) [6.5]. Father John still has five
blood. Yuri is empty.
For the next action, tap Smash and announce: "Smash attempts to rescue Father
John from torpor at +1 stealth, with Father John paying the two blood." [6.5.3].
Janine doesn't block, but Laika attempts to. Laika plays Spirit's Touch for +1
intercept and an optional maneuver (replacement: Changeling). Smash doesn't add
any stealth, so the block is successful. Laika taps and combat begins.
Combat.
Smash doesn't play any cards before maneuvers. Neither does Laika. Both also
decline to maneuver. Smash plays Undead Strength to strike for two (replacement:
Celerity). Laika pays 1 blood to play Bonecraft for her strike (replacement:
Aura Reading).
Smash burns one blood to heal the damage, and the Bonecraft card is placed on
him. Laika burns two blood to heal her damage.
Smash declines to press for another round of combat [6.4.4]. Laika doesn't
press, either. Combat ends.
Influence. Move four counters to Alessandro Garcia and move him to your ready
region.
Discard. Discard Potence (replacement: Undead Strength).

Turn 14. Trey.
Untap. Untap Janine. She could gain a blood from the hunting ground, but it
would exceed her capacity and be immediately returned to the bank [1.5.2].
Master. Play Blood Doll on Janine (replacement: Bonding). Use the Blood Doll to
move a blood from Janine to your pool.
Minion. Janine taps to bleed Malcolm, whose minions are all tapped. Malcolm
doesn't block. Janine plays Bonding for +1 bleed (replacement: Enhanced Senses).
Malcolm burns 2 pool, and you get the Edge.
Influence. Move four counters to Lucubratio, who finally moves to your ready region.
Discard. Hold for now.

Turn 15. Malcolm.
Untap. Bloodfeud and Apache Jones untap.
Master. Bloodfeud gains one blood from the bank via the Palatial Estate.
Minion. Apache Jones taps to equip with a Leather Jacket (replacement: Lost in
Crowds). Lucubratio plays Enhanced Senses at superior for +2 intercept to
attempt to block (replacement: Threats). Apache Jones plays Lost in Crowds for
+1 stealth and pays a blood to play Mind Tricks at superior for +1 stealth with
an optional maneuver or press if combat occurs (replacements: On the Qui Vive
and Obfuscate). Lucubratio's block fails. Apache Jones gets the Leather Jacket.
He'll untap at the end of the turn.
Bloodfeud taps to recruit the Escaped Mental Patient (replacement: Sawed-Off
Shotgun). No one blocks. You pay two pool and the Patient is placed in your
uncontrolled region, face up, to indicate that he cannot act. He gets one life
counter from the bank [6.1.5].
Influence. Move four counters to White Lily.
Discard. Hold for now.
Apache Jones untaps and the Escaped Mental Patient moves to your ready region.

Turn 16. Tim.
Untap. Laika and Yuri untap.
Master. Pay two pool to put the Library Hunting Ground in play (replacement:
Amaranth).
Minion. Laika could rescue Yuri from torpor, but then Yuri would have to hunt at
zero stealth and would likely be blocked and sent back to torpor. Instead, with
promises from Trey of favorable votes in the blood hunt referendum that follows
a diablerie if needed, Laika taps to diablerize Father Juan [6.5.4]. Alessandro
attempts to block, but Laika pays a blood to play Plasmic Form for +1 stealth
(replacement: Changeling). Alessandro's block fails. The action is successful.
The blood on Father Juan is moved to Laika. It exceeds her capacity, so the
excess two blood is moved to the bank. Father John is burned. A blood hunt
referendum is conducted to see if a blood hunt will be called on Laika (which
would burn her immediately) [6.5.6]. No one casts any votes, so the referendum
fails 0 to 0, and Laika is not burned.
Influence. Your choice. Move four counters to either Lady Zara or to Radu, or
burn a pool to draw a (possibly cheaper) vampire from your crypt to your
uncontrolled region.
Discard. Your choice.

This ends the scripted rounds. Following are some suggestions for each player,
but also check the forums at <http://forums.white-wolf.com> where other players
may post advice on how to continue. This forum is also an excellent resource for
new VTES players as current players are generally very helpful and are happy to
help new players understand the intricacies of the game.

Bruce is weakened from the diablerie. The table votes are also against him now
that Lucubratio is out, so he'll have a much more difficult time passing votes.
The first order of business should be trying to send Lucubratio to torpor, but
that will be difficult with the cards in hand.

Trey is feeling safer now that the archbishop is out. He should remember to gain
a pool in his untap phase for the Edge (assuming he still has it then). A
possible tactic at first would be to use Harass and Apportation to enable the
Walk of Flame, but he should try to set it up so that an important vampire is
sent to torpor while Janine is still ready and untapped so that she can follow
immediately with a diablerie attempt (and remember not to waste the Walk of
Flame on a minion with a Leather Jacket).

Malcolm has been doing well and that should continue as long as his stealth
holds out. He should use the Escaped Mental Patient to get Laika out of the way
and then diablerize Laika with Bloodfeud. Even though Bloodfeud will very likely
be burned in the blood hunt that follows, it's a good trade.

Tim will be in dire straights if Laika falls, so he should try to avoid that.
One way would be to implore Trey to have Lucubratio rescue Yuri so that Yuri can
block the Patient when it tries to enter combat with Laika, or to try to block
the diablerie attempt that would follow. Rescuing "across table" like that is a
directed action, so only Tim would have the opportunity to block (which he will,
of course, decline). Tim may have to make some deal or promise with Trey,
though, to make sure Trey sees the cross table action as worthwhile.

Tetragrammaton

Feb 19, 2007, 2:23:33 PM2/19/07
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Thanks a lot Scott :-)