Bima question - Bauble

Jozxyqk

Jan 5, 2006, 12:02:15 PM1/5/06
Bauble: Action, 2 blood, Vicissitude
+1 stealth action.
[vic] Put this card on the acting vampire. Search your library
and put a non-unique, non-location equipment card on another minion you
control.
Do not pay the cost to equip. The vampire with this card cannot attempt
actions, block or vote. You may burn this card and the chosen equipment card
during your untap phase or when the vampire with the chosen equipment leaves
the controlled region.

Bima: Ally, Follower of Set, 1 blood
Ghoul with 2 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed.
When this Bima enters play, move a master: Discipline card to
it from your hand or burn this Bima. The Bima may play cards that
require the basic level of that Discipline as a vampire.

Let's say I play a Vicissitude skill card on my Bima. And I also find
some way to give him a third life (say, Putrescent Servitude).

Bima plays Bauble, to give an Assault Rifle to some other minion.

Now, in this unlikely case,
will Bima be restricted from acting/blocking by Bauble's card text?
I would say "no". It says "The vampire with this card...". Parallel
includes the fact that a Rafastio Ghoul with a Rutor's Hand does not
untap from it, because it says "the vampire".

In fact, I would say that if the Bima somehow got up to 3 life again, it
would be able to play a second Bauble!

So, although this is stupid and will never happen, am I correct about
the result?

Josh
See you at Templecon with my killer thn/vic Setite deck!

LSJ

Jan 5, 2006, 1:50:32 PM1/5/06
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Let's say I play a Vicissitude skill card on my Bima. And I also find
> some way to give him a third life (say, Putrescent Servitude).
>
> Bima plays Bauble, to give an Assault Rifle to some other minion.
>
> Now, in this unlikely case,
> will Bima be restricted from acting/blocking by Bauble's card text?
> I would say "no". It says "The vampire with this card...". Parallel
> includes the fact that a Rafastio Ghoul with a Rutor's Hand does not
> untap from it, because it says "the vampire".
>
> In fact, I would say that if the Bima somehow got up to 3 life again, it
> would be able to play a second Bauble!
>
> So, although this is stupid and will never happen, am I correct about
> the result?

Yes.

Daneel

Jan 5, 2006, 4:06:07 PM1/5/06

Another question - if Bima burns when paying the cost of Bauble, does
the action "fizzle", fail or otherwise not end successfully, or will
it succeed and simply result in the acting minion dying in the process?

--
Bye,

Daneel

LSJ

Jan 5, 2006, 7:04:22 PM1/5/06
Daneel wrote:
> Another question - if Bima burns when paying the cost of Bauble, does
> the action "fizzle", fail or otherwise not end successfully, or will
> it succeed and simply result in the acting minion dying in the process?

The latter.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/da46e6f52ba4c587

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

Daneel

Jan 6, 2006, 4:46:08 AM1/6/06
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:04:22 GMT, LSJ <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>> Another question - if Bima burns when paying the cost of Bauble, does
>> the action "fizzle", fail or otherwise not end successfully, or will
>> it succeed and simply result in the acting minion dying in the process?
>
> The latter.
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/da46e6f52ba4c587

I see, thanks for the reply!

--
Bye,

Daneel

Rehlow

Jan 6, 2006, 11:53:25 AM1/6/06

LSJ wrote:
> Daneel wrote:
> > Another question - if Bima burns when paying the cost of Bauble, does
> > the action "fizzle", fail or otherwise not end successfully, or will
> > it succeed and simply result in the acting minion dying in the process?
>
> The latter.
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/da46e6f52ba4c587

As a follow-up question .. Can Bima, while at 2 life, recruit Procurer?
I think no, because allies can only burn life to pay blood costs when
playing a card requiring a discipline as a vampire.

Thanks.

Later,
~Rehlow

LSJ

Jan 6, 2006, 5:51:32 PM1/6/06
Rehlow wrote:
> As a follow-up question .. Can Bima, while at 2 life, recruit Procurer?
> I think no, because allies can only burn life to pay blood costs when
> playing a card requiring a discipline as a vampire.

Correct.