Untapped Actions

Blooded Sand

Sep 20, 2007, 6:08:07 AM9/20/07
Minion A with bleeds Meth B. Minion B blocks. Minion A Majesties to
S:CE and untap, then taps ambulance. Minion A does not need to tap
again to continue the action, and can now continue the action as an
untapped minion, correct?

Anthony Coleman

Sep 20, 2007, 6:22:25 AM9/20/07

Yup - Cool isn't it :O)

We were discussing this on UIRC last night - you can also (I think)
caryon on the fight after the majesty with telepathic tracking and
still beat them up, untap and carry on the action. Not sure if it
works with psyche - I suspect not.

Ambulance is going to be a lot of fun..

Blooded Sand

Sep 20, 2007, 6:34:07 AM9/20/07

Cannot see why it would not work with Psyche. The only major
difference would be that combat resets (ie Torn Signpost, Carrion
crows et al). Unless it is because majesty untaps you after combat,
but if that is the case, then all those Ven are screwed anyway, cos
majesty will not untap yoiu any more under Psyche. So think this means
it will work with Psych.

Anthony Coleman

Sep 20, 2007, 6:39:30 AM9/20/07

I'm no rule monger, but I was under the impression that if you have
the option for doing something after a combat, say tapping ambulance
to continue the action, but instead choose to play psyche and restart
it - the window using ambulance has passed.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Ant

Blooded Sand

Sep 20, 2007, 6:43:05 AM9/20/07

Yes, but after the psyche combat there is an end to combat, so surely
you could tap it there?

Anthony Coleman

Sep 20, 2007, 6:45:39 AM9/20/07
> you could tap it there?- Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure you can - as I understand it the second combat is a
seperate event. So the ambulance doesnt remember what the action was,
as it were, as there was no action before the combat (just another
combat)

Ant

LSJ

Sep 20, 2007, 6:46:26 AM9/20/07

The Psyche! window is before the Ambulance window.

After the Psyche! combat, you can tap the Ambulance.

LSJ

Sep 20, 2007, 6:47:28 AM9/20/07
Anthony Coleman wrote:
> I'm not sure you can - as I understand it the second combat is a
> seperate event. So the ambulance doesnt remember what the action was,
> as it were, as there was no action before the combat (just another
> combat)

The Psyche! combat is part of the action. The combatants are the acting minion
and the blocking minion (as required by Ambulance), so no problem there.

Blooded Sand

Sep 20, 2007, 6:49:30 AM9/20/07

Great!

and great answer ;)

Petri Wessman

Sep 20, 2007, 7:02:56 AM9/20/07

...which brings up a cornercase scenario that I'm not sure about. What
about the following:

Meth A's Vampire A with Ambulance bleeds Meth B's Vampire B. B blocks
successfully, and plays Blissful Agony to send A off to fight Vampire
C (controlled by a third meth). Can A use the Ambulance after the
combat is over, or does the fact that the combat was "bounced" to a
third (non-blocking) minion disallow it? I guess it boils down to
whether you need to use the Ambulance directly after combat ends
between acting and blocking, or if there can be a combat "in between",
as part of the same action resolution.

//Petri

Anthony Coleman

Sep 20, 2007, 7:11:14 AM9/20/07
> and great answer ;)- Hide quoted text -

Yeah - quite happy to be wrong on this :)

LSJ

Sep 20, 2007, 7:27:53 AM9/20/07
Petri Wessman wrote:
> On Sep 20, 1:47 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Anthony Coleman wrote:
>>> I'm not sure you can - as I understand it the second combat is a
>>> seperate event. So the ambulance doesnt remember what the action was,
>>> as it were, as there was no action before the combat (just another
>>> combat)
>> The Psyche! combat is part of the action. The combatants are the acting minion
>> and the blocking minion (as required by Ambulance), so no problem there.
>
> ....which brings up a cornercase scenario that I'm not sure about. What

> about the following:
>
> Meth A's Vampire A with Ambulance bleeds Meth B's Vampire B. B blocks
> successfully, and plays Blissful Agony to send A off to fight Vampire
> C (controlled by a third meth). Can A use the Ambulance after the
> combat is over, or does the fact that the combat was "bounced" to a
> third (non-blocking) minion disallow it? I guess it boils down to
> whether you need to use the Ambulance directly after combat ends
> between acting and blocking, or if there can be a combat "in between",
> as part of the same action resolution.

Same as the old Hidden Lurker question -- the Ambulance cannot be used after a
combat if the two combatants are not the acting and blocking minion.

Petri Wessman

Sep 20, 2007, 7:36:24 AM9/20/07

Ah, of course, should have realized that Ambulance follows the HL
template. Thanks!